2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False1 View Post
    Are you saying with the benefit of hindsight, or without? I don't think you're finding a GM that is going to trade a guy who won't be a FA for 5 more seasons, is making reasonable $$ in arb, hit a HR every ~10 AB last season to lead league and had a 156 sOPS+ last season, can hit RHP and LHP and hit situationally, in spite of the bad defense.

One of the best things Manfred could do is to get support for universal DH this offseason. By doubling capacity there, maybe you can add some cash and deal Stanton and put Voit at DH. Or, less desirable, trade Voit to address other needs.
    Or deal both of them and make the DH slot available for regular players to rotate through.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Comment

It might be my frustration coming out but compared to other teams we overpaid with prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
        It might be my frustration coming out but compared to other teams we overpaid with prospects.
        It's because the small market Yankees needed the other teams to pay the traded players for the rest of the year.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
          Are you saying with the benefit of hindsight, or without? I don't think you're finding a GM that is going to trade a guy who won't be a FA for 5 more seasons, is making reasonable $$ in arb, hit a HR every ~10 AB last season to lead league and had a 156 sOPS+ last season, can hit RHP and LHP and hit situationally, in spite of the bad defense.

One of the best things Manfred could do is to get support for universal DH this offseason. By doubling capacity there, maybe you can add some cash and deal Stanton and put Voit at DH. Or, less desirable, trade Voit to address other needs.
          I said it at the end of last year. As much as I would love to see them move Stanton and move Voit to DH, I think the odds of that happening are very slim. Also, I don’t see Voit staying healthy, even as DH.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Yes, these two areas are where the team has really under performed. If these guys stay healthy and start doing what they can all do, then it'll be up to the pitching.

All in all, the team is better, and the future is no worse.
            That's debatable. They have given up some legit prospects.

Comment

So they traded Cessa and Wilson to cut a few million in salary so they could add salary by trading for better players at the deadline. Then they did not add any salary. Hal must be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                So they traded Cessa and Wilson to cut a few million in salary so they could add salary by trading for better players at the deadline. Then they did not add any salary. Hal must be ecstatic.
                Incredible...after al the trading their payroll is lower!
                "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post
                  That's debatable. They have given up some legit prospects.
                  Yeah, AT BEST the future is no worse off. That's the ceiling. The present is certainly not better off. So if we're lucky, we are exactly where we started despite Cashman's best efforts to make it worse.
                  A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

It’s all Hal cares about. How can he watch what the Dodgers are doing and not feel even a little embarrassed?
                    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

Incredible...after al the trading their payroll is lower!
                      Not to mention the money saved on all the prospects that the Yankees traded away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

It’s all Hal cares about. How can he watch what the Dodgers are doing and not feel even a little embarrassed?
                        Hal probably does not know. Who knows if he even watches baseball.

Comment

I think it was also done to free up a couple of rister spots
                          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                            IMO the Blue Jays improved themselves immensely with Jose Berrios.

I agree. The Yankees will need to be aware not only of the Rays and Sox but of the Jays as well.

Comment

If anyone can sit here and say this team isn't better after adding Rizzo and Gallo for little to nothing is an idiot or just so pissed with Cash they can't see the forest for the trees.

I do wish we could have put a deal together to add Berrios.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeBluedevil View Post
                                If anyone can sit here and say this team isn't better after adding Rizzo and Gallo for little to nothing is an idiot or just so pissed with Cash they can't see the forest for the trees.

I do wish we could have put a deal together to add Berrios.
                                Hmm. Thanks your your input mr 9 posts in 3 years guy.
                                "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Working...
                                X