No announcement yet.

2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't the Gallo deal be done by now ... at least announced pending physicals?

Prob with one of the medicals?

Adding players to the deal?

Cashman slept late?

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post
      Shouldn't the Gallo deal be done by now ... at least announced pending physicals?

Prob with one of the medicals?

Adding players to the deal?

Cashman slept late?
      MLB TV announced it is a done deal. Gallo and Rodriguez will be available tomorrow in Miami.
      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

MLB TV announced it is a done deal. Gallo and Rodriguez will be available tomorrow in Miami.
        thanks

Comment

Mike Axias on his paeton reporting that the deal is finally finalized. Gallo and Rodriguez for only the 4 prospects. Seems the Yankees did not like King's Medicals, and the 2 extra players were removed from the deal, and Rodriguez replaced King.

Keeping Pierira is a win, in my opinion. Also, Vasquez has amazing spin on his curve -- in the 3,000 range.

Now, I am satisfied with this deal.

P.S. Views from 314 Ft. also reporting this info. Same source.

Comment

I think because of the financials invovled they had to wait until today for the trade to be approved by the commissioner's office
            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
              Would the Pirates' Richard Rodriguez be a good addition to the bullpen? I kind of think so and he's got less than $1M on his contract - shouldn't cost much.

I'd like more depth.
              Yes, he's very good but there will probably be a lot of interest from other teams.
              David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

The risk is Gardner himself because there is no 'what if' for him. He's hitting .194 and he's starting for a 'championship caliber team'.
                I think you're missing the sarcasm. As in- what's the downside of literally anyone else playing CF?
                A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

I think you're missing the sarcasm. As in- what's the downside of literally anyone else playing CF?
                  My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

I believe when I see it if Gallo plays CF for the Yankees. Stanton was a decent OF defensively by all reports before joining the Yankees, yet Cashman thinks he's a full time DH. I wouldn't give any benefits of the doubt to the Yankees when we talk about defense.
                    I'd rather Stanton in CF and Gardner on the bench (or at home). Whatever the difference in their defense in CF is, it's offset by by their offense so much that it's not even comparable. Realy though, Judge should have been in CF, Stanton and whoever (not Gardner) in the corners. Not good defensively but Gardner is so horrible on offense, there is no amount of defense differential that can make up for it.

I'm willing bet Judge in CF, Sanchez in RF and Gardner on the bench would result in more won games than Gardner in CF.
                    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

@JackCurry Luke Voit has drawn interest in trade discussions the Yankees are having with multiple teams. Voit is on the verge of returning from the IL. Led the majors with 22 HRs last season, but has been limited to 29 games this season. #yankees

@joelsherman1 Growing belief is that Kyle Schwarber gets traded as early as today. Hear that #Yankees are interested. Schwarber currently on the IL with a hamstring injury. #RedSox, #BlueJays also believed interested.

Comment

I'm going to bet the Yanks are getting Story

Comment

If they get Schwarber they might as well sign Rob Deer out of retirement and just have an entire lineup of either walk, home run or strike out.

Comment

Originally posted by scine20 View Post
                            If they get Schwarber they might as well sign Rob Deer out of retirement and just have an entire lineup of either walk, home run or strike out.
                            What's Dave Kingman doing these days?
                            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

What's Dave Kingman doing these days?
                              Competing with Richie Sexson for a roster spot with the Yankees.

Comment

What's the point of Story? I get the superficial upgrade he provides, but everything else about his acquisition doesn't add up to me. Or at least, would make me really frustrated in the context of this type of deal being passed on for the last several years when the Yankees were actually in a better position to win a championship.
                                Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Working...
                                X