No announcement yet.

2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Gallo is a lefty bat that has reverse or relatively neutral splits. I guess its a different look for pitchers at least.

Comment

Originally posted by HughesIsNasty View Post
      @JackCurry Luke Voit has drawn interest in trade discussions the Yankees are having with multiple teams. Voit is on the verge of returning from the IL. Led the majors with 22 HRs last season, but has been limited to 29 games this season. #yankees

@joelsherman1 Growing belief is that Kyle Schwarber gets traded as early as today. Hear that #Yankees are interested. Schwarber currently on the IL with a hamstring injury. #RedSox, #BlueJays also believed interested.
      Seems Voit will be traded before they even consider buying Stanton an OF glove. Sigh. Not sure I follow the logic of trading Voit's cost control for some of the shorter term options they're looking at in trades (Story, Schwarber). Hopefully his name is only out there for cost controlled options.

Separately Schwarber at a decent price makes a lot of sense and would force Gallo to CF and Gardner to the bench. It'll be a very unentertaining lineup of 3 outcome hitters, but they'd score more runs and do better against RHP.

Comment

I’m going to be so pissed if the Red Sox get Scherzer.
        A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by primetime714 View Post
          Of course Gallo is a lefty bat that has reverse or relatively neutral splits. I guess its a different look for pitchers at least.
          Our righties are pretty neutral. Need for left handed bat was blown out of proportion.

Comment

I hope this loss could give Cashman a reality check.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post
              I hope this loss could give Cashman a reality check.
              How? He's already committed to buying.
              Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post

How? He's already committed to buying.
                At least look for someone who could help the team more than half season.

Comment

At least look for someone who could help the team more than half season.
                  All three players he has acquired are signed through next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post

All three players he has acquired are signed through next year.
                    I know. But Story isn't.

Comment

I know. But Story isn't.
                      We don't even know how strong an interest he has in Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post

We don't even know how strong an interest he has in Story.
                        Should be no interest.

Comment

The cost to acquire Story is basically better than the 2 compensation picks when he turns down a qualifying offer plus selling a prospect depending how much of Story's remaining prorated salary the team wants Colorado to pay.
                          Baseball is life;
                          the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

Just to be clear, Giambi's offensive numbers for those first two years were 82 homers, 229 RBIs, .283 BA, .423 OBP, .987 OPS, and 160 OPS+. Gallo is a lifetime .211 hitter with an OBP of .336 and an OPS of .833.
                            Yeah I don't see Giambi as comp for Gallo.
                            I see him more in the mold of Nick Swisher as a hitter with slightly lower hit skills but considerably more power. They have similar batting eyes in working walks. But Gallo is a much better outfielder than Swisher ever was.
                            Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                              The cost to acquire Story is basically better than the 2 compensation picks when he turns down a qualifying offer plus selling a prospect depending how much of Story's remaining prorated salary the team wants Colorado to pay.
                              Story is basically putting up DJL numbers this year. He’s not a difference maker. They should probably look for starting pitching.

cashmans entire approach, let alone execution, is puzzling if he’s really looking for bats like this

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

Story is basically putting up DJL numbers this year. He’s not a difference maker. They should probably look for starting pitching.
                                I don't see Story as a difference maker either. I was just pointing out what his cost to acquire would be.
                                If they want to make a splash and go for it, go all in and trade for Scherzer. Otherwise I'd prefer they stand pat from here.
                                Baseball is life;

Comment

Working...
                                X