2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't see Story as a difference maker either. I was just pointing out what his cost to acquire would be.
    If they want to make a splash and go for it, go all in and trade for Scherzer. Otherwise I'd prefer they stand pat from here.
    Agreed.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Scherzer to Padres? Anyone else seeing confirmation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

Yes.

Jack Curry just said on the post game that he could see Voit being dealt for pitching. That means Voit will be dealt for pitching.

Comment

It's real.

Sigh.

Must be nice having a real GM.

Comment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...-scherzer.html

MLBTR says it's close pending physicals.
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

MLBTR says the players have been agreed on. Pending med reviews

Comment

Well if Scherzer is being dealt, I'd prefer he stay in the NL if he's not coming to Yanks.
                Baseball is life;
                the rest is just details.

Comment

Yep. I am just glad he is not going to Boston. I do not want them to win another title.
                  "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                    Well if Scherzer is being dealt, I'd prefer he stay in the NL if he's not coming to Yanks.
                    Having to face him would be a good problem to have

Comment

It would not surprise me if the Yanks traded Voit for pitching and moved Gallo to 1B, all so Gardner can still play. It actually wouldn't surprise me at this point.
                      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Andy Martino @martinonyc 7m
                        It sounds as if the Yankees have Voit trades they could make if they add an infielder like Story. Not necessarily to Rockies. Have discussed separate trades to clear payroll, space on the infield. Also looking for pitching.
                        Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
                          It sounds as if the Yankees have Voit trades they could make if they add an infielder like Story. Not necessarily to Rockies. Have discussed separate trades to clear payroll, space on the infield. Also looking for pitching.
                          Beyond Voit, clearing payroll on the infield has to mean Torres and/or Urshela.

Comment

intriguing!

Comment

Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1 3m
                              Based on the intensifying conversation/exchanges belief has grown that #Twins will trade Jose Berrios. #Mets are among those still trying.

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi 1m
                              The Max Scherzer blockbuster to #Padres is close, sources confirm @Ken_Rosenthal report, and I am told details are still being discussed. The review of medical information could take some time. I do not anticipate a formal announcement within the hour.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Voit and Hicks for Buxton. Solves 2 missing spots for Twins.
                                Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X