Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yanks 2021 Post-Season Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yanks 2021 Post-Season Thread

    well, here we are.....Boston on Tuesday
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

    #2
    We have Cole to earn his money on Tuesday
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

    Comment


      #3
      Hopefully this thread lasts until November.

      Comment


        #4
        Tuesday smack around Eovaldi like they did last weekend!
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

        Comment


          #5
          Voit done, DJL out, What is Urshela status? Who will be on the 26 man roster for WC? Probably leave off Taillon and Monty who started the past 2 games since they can add them back for ALDS if they win.
          Baseball is life;
          the rest is just details.

          Comment


            #6
            Huge win today but not too raucous inside this thread.

            I give us the edge to win Tuesday but a huge game that can break either way.

            Should we get by Tuesday, our rotation of Cole, Montgomery, Cortes, and Kluber looks strong.

            Our bullpen is:

            Tier 1. Sevy, Lo, Holmes
            Tier 2. Chapman, Taillon, Green, Peralta
            Tier 3. Luetge, M King
            Tier 4. Joely Rodriguez, German

            Those tiers are based on my confidence level in those pitchers. The top 7 to 9 relievers listed are really strong IMO.

            Key is whether our offense can do what they should be capable of but haven't really done all year long.

            I wish we would add either Florial or, preferably, Greg Allen to this roster. Our top 7 offensive players of: Judge, Stanton, Rizzo, Gallo, Gardner, a resurgent Torres, and a resurgent Urshela should have some potential. Sure would be nice if Stanton and Gallo can find their strokes for the postseason.

            First things first though - huge game Tuesday that can go either way.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Strategerie View Post
              Huge win today but not too raucous inside this thread.

              I give us the edge to win Tuesday but a huge game that can break either way.

              Should we get by Tuesday, our rotation of Cole, Montgomery, Cortes, and Kluber looks strong.

              Our bullpen is:

              Tier 1. Sevy, Lo, Holmes
              Tier 2. Chapman, Taillon, Green, Peralta
              Tier 3. Luetge, M King
              Tier 4. Joely Rodriguez, German

              Those tiers are based on my confidence level in those pitchers. The top 7 to 9 relievers listed are really strong IMO.

              Key is whether our offense can do what they should be capable of but haven't really done all year long.

              I wish we would add either Florial or, preferably, Greg Allen to this roster. Our top 7 offensive players of: Judge, Stanton, Rizzo, Gallo, Gardner, a resurgent Torres, and a resurgent Urshela should have some potential. Sure would be nice if Stanton and Gallo can find their strokes for the postseason.

              First things first though - huge game Tuesday that can go either way.
              There is no way they are taking a 15 man pitching staff if they make it to the ALDS. As much as they would like to they aren’t going in with a bench oh Higgy and 1 piston player.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

              Comment


                #8
                Biggest problem as always is how will Boone use the bullpen. Had he not pitched German and Abreu on Friday in the 9th maybe Yankees are home on Tuesday. Best hope is Cole having an ace outing and getting it to Severino and Chapman.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Even though their home and away record is identical, yanks seem to play better on the road + I have a feeling playoff Cole shows up Tuesday!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

                    There is no way they are taking a 15 man pitching staff if they make it to the ALDS. As much as they would like to they aren’t going in with a bench oh Higgy and 1 piston player.
                    I agree. That's why I focused on the top 7 to 9 relievers which, when added to 4 starters, is 11 to 13 total pitchers. Continuing to flesh out the tiers highlights the good pitchers who don't make the roster ( but serve as insurance).

                    I didn't even include Gil or Abreu (who I think are both good) or Heaney and Koerner (whom the Yankees seem to like - and I find it strange they used Voit's 60 day DL spot on Koerner, over say Greg Allen).

                    Comment


                      #11
                      What did Voit injure?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Obnoxio View Post
                        What did Voit injure?
                        His pride?

                        im not 100% sure but it seemed a knee, a hammy or his hip. Either way whatever it is would keep him out October so tge opened 40 man spot by moving him to 60 day.
                        Baseball is life;
                        the rest is just details.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                          well, here we are.....Boston on Tuesday
                          Yep, and I will say it again....the Red Sox player who will beat us is Vasquez.....just watch, he will get the key hit in the late innings to beat us......he always does in big games. We just better hope that Stanton isn't going into another one of his terrible slumps, however, after the series he had last time in Boston, I will be surprised if he gets anything to hit. The job to get it done will then fall to Gallo. That doesn't bode well for us. Maybe he can bunt against the shift.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                            Biggest problem as always is how will Boone use the bullpen. Had he not pitched German and Abreu on Friday in the 9th maybe Yankees are home on Tuesday. Best hope is Cole having an ace outing and getting it to Severino and Chapman.
                            I would bet that Green would be the setup and Boone would use him in the most critical situation.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I'm kind of annoyed they didn't stretch Severino out a bit. I'm not talking starter innings, but he could easily be a 3 inning guy or even once through the order guy (so 2.1ish innings) by start of the ALDS. Given that none of the starters outside Cole go 5 innings, that's huge in not just its inherent value, but getting the relievers much needed rest.

                              But doing anything that remotely involves strategy is not in the cards for this organization.
                              A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X