2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Pretty quick post season this year. Hopefully changes for the better start soon.

Burn it all down
    Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

Anybody think Cole needs the sticky stuff ?
      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
        Pretty quick post season this year. Hopefully changes for the better start soon.
        Can you even call it the post-season? The only change that will truly matter is Cashman no longer being employed by the Yankees.

Comment

Job 1 - get gardy back in fold
          Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

Twitter is giving Hal a pasting right now. Much deserved. Will he listen to them? Probably not.
            When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Comment

• Roberto Kelly
              Roberto Kelly commented
              Editing a comment
              River ave blues Twitter is great

When will they be holding the 2021 luxury tax champs parade?

Comment

I ended up never paying my 2022 season ticket invoice because of their awful customer service. I will not set foot in Yankee Stadium as long as Cashman and Boone are around.

Comment

Hi guys, Brian here.

I know you are all upset, but seriously, we made the tournament. I built a team that got us to October baseball. I can't be blamed for the poor performance of the players that I either had a hand in developing in the minors, acquiring via trade or signing in free agency. It's their fault.

The playoffs are a crapshoot, its hard to win. All I can do is put us in a position to get there. Sure, some of you may have pointed out the alleged flaws in my roster construction, but people who do that don't trust my process, which is great.

I know it may have been hard to see a pitcher who I and my player development department could never truly unlock, strikeout 8 of our batters tonight. But that's ok, because Nate didn't want to embrace our process. We are an organization built around big hairy monsters and a bullpen that can shut down any lineup, and hey, my big hairy monsters got shut down, but damn, the relievers came up big tonight. Only one run in six innings. How can you complain?

At the end of the day, its the players' fault for coming up short. I put them in a position to win. They failed me. We played important September games til the very end. We even won a game against Tampa Bay to put ourselves in the wild card game.

Ownership trusts me to do my job, which is to get this team into October baseball, and I did just that.

I'll see you in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
                  Job 1 - get gardy back in fold
                  Job 2. Re sign Heaney

Comment

Job 2. Re sign Heaney
                    Extend Chapman

Comment

Is anybody else glad that at least this disaster is over? I hope they fire Boone at the very least.
                      Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Comment

Job 2. Re sign Heaney
                        Job 3 Sign Gallo for 4-5 more years

Comment

Originally posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post
                          Is anybody else glad that at least this disaster is over? I hope they fire Boone at the very least.
                          I am happy it's over. I did not see this team getting past the ALDS. I think Boone will be back. I'm hoping they miss the playoffs next year and Cashman and Boone are out. My concern is who is Hal going to rely on to guide him to a new GM which will lead to a new manager.

Comment

4 through 9 hitters in the lineup went 1 for 20 while our ace went 2 innings, Don't worry just bring back same team with a SS next year and we'll be better than the three teams we will be chasing just to get into the playoffs.

This team has the same amount of division titles as the Orioles since 2014.

All 6 of the other big market teams after us (Forbes Team Value) have at least made the WS since we last made it there.
                            2 have won multiple championships (Giants & Sox), 3 have won it once (Cubs, Cards, Dodgers), and even the measly Mets made it there (2015).

Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

Working...
                            X