2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sd. View Post

When he had a QO in hand, formally offering or merely mentioning you are interested at that price are both kind of clueless to the situation.
    Yes, I agree, but did they actually, in fact, do that ? When did the Yankees mention that 10 mil offer?
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post
      For my money, I'd go after Scherzer and try to convince him on a shorter 2 or 3 year deal by throwing higher AAV at him.
      MLB Trade Rumors has him signing a 3yr/$120M/$40M AAV contract. Are you ready to have another guy on the roster making $30M+/AAV with guys on the backsides of their careers?

As much as I would salivate to have Scherzer on this team - that might be excessive spending.

I guess I'd choose to spend my money elsewhere, considering all the options that are available.

"Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

MLB Trade Rumors has him signing a 3yr/$120M/$40M AAV contract. Are you ready to have another guy on the roster making $30M+/AAV with guys on the backsides of their careers?

As much as I would salivate to have Scherzer on this team - that might be excessive spending.

I guess I'd choose to spend my money elsewhere, considering all the options that are available.
        It will be interesting to see how Verlander does the next two years. As far as Scherzer goes, I guess if you think he will be the solution to winning right now, you pay him. But hasn't he already said he wants to stay in the NL ?
        More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

It will be interesting to see how Verlander does the next two years. As far as Scherzer goes, I guess if you think he will be the solution to winning right now, you pay him. But hasn't he already said he wants to stay in the NL ?
          I'm becoming convinced that the best way for the Yanks to obtain a #2 behind Cole is via trade. IMO they can't buy enough top-tiered talent to take care of all their weaknesses, it's just too expensive.
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Did Cashman’s Administrative Assistant write this?
            Yeah this sounds like something that would be published in Boston. Let's not do this. He was a disappointment, and there were times he might have even rubbed folks the wrong way, but he's gone now. Let's not trash him on the way out.

Comment

All this moving on from Sanchez catching stuff has given me hope. I don't see how we could start the year off with him behind the dish again.

Comment

Should we have interest in Suzuki??

Comment

• Obnoxio
                  Obnoxio commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I asked that the other day.
                  I did not get a positive response.

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
                The motorcycle? Sure, if you can't get a Hog I guess.

Caught stealing % last 4 years: 19, 10, 15, 19. Oof.
                I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
                  He's a horrible defensive catcher and an even worse bat. It's like combining Sanchez's defense with Higgy's bat, but more expensive and worse at defense.
                  -5.8 framing (and he's been negative for 15 or 16 years straight ) and -3.1 Def,

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...date=&enddate=

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&page=2_30
                  A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

I'm becoming convinced that the best way for the Yanks to obtain a #2 behind Cole is via trade. IMO they can't buy enough top-tiered talent to take care of all their weaknesses, it's just too expensive.
                    Our next guys are Sevy, Montgomery, Cortes, and Taillon (to me, in that order). I'm not sure who is available that I'd want to pay a bunch of prospects for in order to upgrade that group. I'm not convinced that Castillo, for example, is an upgrade to that group (his track record is not as good as his stuff) and, even if he is, I don't think he is worth the prospects for the marginal upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategerie View Post

Our next guys are Sevy, Montgomery, Cortes, and Taillon (to me, in that order). I'm not sure who is available that I'd want to pay a bunch of prospects for in order to upgrade that group. I'm not convinced that Castillo, for example, is an upgrade to that group (his track record is not as good as his stuff) and, even if he is, I don't think he is worth the prospects for the marginal upgrade.
                      This is the one area I'd trust them to scout a player as a tweak or two away from being a diamond in the rough. And by them I mean Matt Blake.
                      Not that I'm particularly thrilled about having to get a TOR pitcher with this much risk, but if they are going to do it anywhere, it would be with a starting pitcher.
                      Even with Cole and Chapman massively imploding, the Yankees had the highest ERA+ in the AL. That's really something.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post

I thought he was a right fielder, being posted tomorrow ?

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post

Those are pretty good theft recovery rates for a motorcycle!

Comment

I dont care. It's not my money.
                            But on a 3 year deal, I'm even more fine with it.

If they get him on a 3 year deal, they have a cost controlled starter or two to trade for 1B, SS and CF help.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

I thought he was a right fielder, being posted tomorrow ?
                              Ha, with all the talk of catching, I thought he was talking about Kurt.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

• Obnoxio
                                Obnoxio commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Me too. But I was asking about the catcher the other day.
                            Working...
                            X