• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clint is officially released.

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
      Bummer. I'm a little surprised no one claimed him and that he had absolutely zero trade value. I wonder if there is insider knowledge that his health issue(s) is more significant than publicly known? I mean, even at say $2.5MM or whatever he'd get this year in arb you'd think someone would gamble on the upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
        Rays lock up Franco for 12 years $185m. Brilliant move getting him signed for probably his best years. This comes after Braves locking up Acuna.

Yankees still playing checkers to Rays chess. I sure wish we had a 20 year old superstar worth a long contract.
        I thought we did with gleyber like 4 years ago.
        [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
        [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
        [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
        [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
        [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

I have never wished a former Yankee well with a new team in my 54 years of Yankee Fandom. Until now. I hope Clint signs with a team and that team gets him the right medical help and he becomes a perennial all star.

The Yankees did him wrong and judging by recent articles planted by the Yankee PR machine they have trashed him out the door. It's awful.
          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

He'll be signed shortly now. If not major league offer then minor league offer for sure.

Comment

Odor also released.

Comment

I can see Frazier going to the rays and absolutely dominating us
                Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

I have never wished a former Yankee well with a new team in my 54 years of Yankee Fandom. Until now. I hope Clint signs with a team and that team gets him the right medical help and he becomes a perennial all star.

The Yankees did him wrong and judging by recent articles planted by the Yankee PR machine they have trashed him out the door. It's awful.
                  Agreed 100%. Barring ongoing health issues, I fully expect him to put it all together elsewhere and become a star player in this league. The tools are there - all he needed was proper development and a real opportunity.

Another victim of Brett Gardner’s presence.
                  "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Would give my left nut for freeman and Correa/seager. Those guys ball out when it counts. Use the chips for a pitcher at the deadline.

Comment

Players making 300+ mil, signing 11 year extensions, etc. Baseball is getting very interesting.
                      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Is Cashman not only an incompetent GM but very mean-spirited or is this a Levine or Trust move (can't be Hal)?

I agree re: Clint and wish him the best of luck. This org. totally mismanaged him.

Comment

Originally posted by WSorBUST View Post
                          Would give my left nut for freeman and Correa/seager. Those guys ball out when it counts. Use the chips for a pitcher at the deadline.
                          Wow, a $500M left nut

Comment

My feelings on Frazier can be be summed up by Ricky Vaughn's speech to Lou Brown when he thought he was cut.

Comment

Since the server has granted me a double post let me also add that Brett Gardner makes a great Roger Dorn.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

11 years, 185 mil. Team option for a 12th would bump it to $223 mil. Generational wealth you simply cannot walk away from, but my bet is this winds up being a team-friendly deal.
                                Neander did a good job. We should find out Friday. I posted this before who do you want to sign long term - Judge or Franco? TB scouts signed him at 16 and the organization develop him. He didn't even play a whole year, prospect rating of 80!, a SS like Tatis, and TB is signing him long term at 20. This was their plan like SD with Tatis. They traded for Arozena (sp) and would not be surprised if he isn't extended next year. We need to develop our prospects like other teams instead of ruining and then trading them. Franco will be better than Seager probably next year.

Keeping Sanchez (I feel we ruined him too) because he has no trade value is dumb. 2016/2017 is over

Comment

Working...
                                X