Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

    I have never wished a former Yankee well with a new team in my 54 years of Yankee Fandom. Until now. I hope Clint signs with a team and that team gets him the right medical help and he becomes a perennial all star.

    The Yankees did him wrong and judging by recent articles planted by the Yankee PR machine they have trashed him out the door. It's awful.
    I agree with you. Watch Frazier become an AS player away from Cashman and his staff.

    Comment


      It looks like I'm in the tiny minority about Frazier on this Board. Yeah I can see certain abilities but overall I just don't think he's very good at playing baseball and probably never will.
      Combined that with health issues I have serious doubts about him For his sake I hope I'm wrong
      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

      Comment


        After hearing what Sherman said yesterday on the MLBN, I'm going to assume they will not sign a shortstop. Living in that world, this would be my plan as GM.

        Make a public announcement that Peraza, Cabrera, and Volpe will compete for the starting SS job in Spring training.

        Sign Freddie Freeman.

        Either sign Marte or go to the pirates and offer a package of gleyber, voit and dominguez, + if needed, for Reynolds

        Sign Yan Gomes - a veteran defensive catcher that could be another matt blake on the field.

        Sing Carlos Rodon

        Having 1 of the young shortstops. I'm assuming Peraza wins the job, surrounded by an infield of defensive + veterans will take a lot of pressure off them and you could put them down in the lineup to let their bat come along.

        1b: Freeman
        2nd: DJ
        SS: Peraza
        3rd: Urshela
        LF: Galo
        CF: Reynolds
        RF/DH: Judge
        DH/RF: Stanton
        C: Gomes

        SP: Cole, Rodon, Severino, Monty, Tallion

        RP: Chapman, Green, Louisiga, German, Cortes, Holmes, Peralta, King

        Bench: Cabrera, 4th OF, Higgy.

        Comment


          Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
          After hearing what Sherman said yesterday on the MLBN, I'm going to assume they will not sign a shortstop. Living in that world, this would be my plan as GM.

          Make a public announcement that Peraza, Cabrera, and Volpe will compete for the starting SS job in Spring training.

          Sign Freddie Freeman.

          Either sign Marte or go to the pirates and offer a package of gleyber, voit and dominguez, + if needed, for Reynolds

          Sign Yan Gomes - a veteran defensive catcher that could be another matt blake on the field.

          Sing Carlos Rodon

          Having 1 of the young shortstops. I'm assuming Peraza wins the job, surrounded by an infield of defensive + veterans will take a lot of pressure off them and you could put them down in the lineup to let their bat come along.

          1b: Freeman
          2nd: DJ
          SS: Peraza
          3rd: Urshela
          LF: Galo
          CF: Reynolds
          RF/DH: Judge
          DH/RF: Stanton
          C: Gomes

          SP: Cole, Rodon, Severino, Monty, Tallion

          RP: Chapman, Green, Louisiga, German, Cortes, Holmes, Peralta, King

          Bench: Cabrera, 4th OF, Higgy.
          OK, How's this?

          Rodon, Carlos Rodon,

          All kinds of fans love Carlos Rodon:

          Big Fans, Little fans, fans who climb on rocks

          Tough fans, Sorta fans, even fans with Chicken Pox

          Love Rodon, Carlos Rodon –

          The guy fans love to get.
          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

          Comment


            Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

            OK, How's this?

            Rodon, Carlos Rodon,

            All kinds of fans love Carlos Rodon:

            Big Fans, Little fans, fans who climb on rocks

            Tough fans, Sorta fans, even fans with Chicken Pox

            Love Rodon, Carlos Rodon –

            The guy fans love to get.
            Hahaha - that's beautiful

            Comment


              Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
              After hearing what Sherman said yesterday on the MLBN, I'm going to assume they will not sign a shortstop. Living in that world, this would be my plan as GM.

              Make a public announcement that Peraza, Cabrera, and Volpe will compete for the starting SS job in Spring training.

              Sign Freddie Freeman.

              Either sign Marte or go to the pirates and offer a package of gleyber, voit and dominguez, + if needed, for Reynolds

              Sign Yan Gomes - a veteran defensive catcher that could be another matt blake on the field.

              Sing Carlos Rodon

              Having 1 of the young shortstops. I'm assuming Peraza wins the job, surrounded by an infield of defensive + veterans will take a lot of pressure off them and you could put them down in the lineup to let their bat come along.

              1b: Freeman
              2nd: DJ
              SS: Peraza
              3rd: Urshela
              LF: Galo
              CF: Reynolds
              RF/DH: Judge
              DH/RF: Stanton
              C: Gomes

              SP: Cole, Rodon, Severino, Monty, Tallion

              RP: Chapman, Green, Louisiga, German, Cortes, Holmes, Peralta, King

              Bench: Cabrera, 4th OF, Higgy.
              This would be a $300M payroll. I doubt they will go that high.

              I would trade for Jose Ramirez before Bryan Reynolds (I advocated for Reynolds in May 2021 but his value has gone too far up now)

              Comment


                Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                It looks like I'm in the tiny minority about Frazier on this Board. Yeah I can see certain abilities but overall I just don't think he's very good at playing baseball and probably never will.
                Combined that with health issues I have serious doubts about him For his sake I hope I'm wrong
                I'm kind of with you. I think at one point, he was going to be a star, but after the injury and vertigo issues, I have my doubts.
                More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                  It looks like I'm in the tiny minority about Frazier on this Board. Yeah I can see certain abilities but overall I just don't think he's very good at playing baseball and probably never will.
                  Combined that with health issues I have serious doubts about him For his sake I hope I'm wrong
                  You're definitely not alone. Average hitter and a below average fielder.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                    It looks like I'm in the tiny minority about Frazier on this Board. Yeah I can see certain abilities but overall I just don't think he's very good at playing baseball and probably never will.
                    Combined that with health issues I have serious doubts about him For his sake I hope I'm wrong
                    As I’m sure you’re aware, I’ve been disappointed in Frazier since day 1. His entire game on both sides of the ball is a mess, and I’ve always thought it was the fault of his pre-Yankees coaching. To his credit he tried making some adjustments but it seems to be too late…he has muscle memory that will never be erased.
                    Let the kids play.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

                      I agree with you. Watch Frazier become an AS player away from Cashman and his staff.
                      Wonder if he goes back to Cleveland, where he was drafted. They can always use OF help.

                      Comment


                        One thing I don't get about Frazier is that he had no baseball instincts especially on defense. The guy has been playing outfield his whole life and everytime I watched him it looked like he never played outfield before.
                        [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                        [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                        [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                        [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                        [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

                        Comment


                          Makes me wonder if he needs glasses

                          Comment


                            I just want some OFers that can stay on the field and catch the ball! (other than Gardner, lol) Is that too much to ask???

                            Oh, and they gotta hit too.

                            Clint never did anything consistently. I also believe he's an unusual person.
                            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

                            Comment


                              Yeah, we should run him down some more. This is a great look, guys. 😂
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ojo View Post
                                Yeah, we should run him down some more. This is a great look, guys. 😂
                                I see no problem with fans sharing their opinions - good or bad - on an ex-Yankee. I have a lot of agita over the front office friendly media trashing him on his way out though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X