2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Lol, they have two players that can play CF on the ML roster (Judge, Gallo), a few in AAA, a dozen other needs, and they tease fans with Gardner returning?
    So very, very, very depressing, that this mediocre player keeps returning and defining the team for what it is: in the end, so far, mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
      Well that’s a given. I mean, who else would play CF when Hicks gets injured in May?
      May???!! You are very optimistic!!
      Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

Yes, really. They’re going to sign a stop gap SS like Simmons, possibly trade for Olson (which would be the highlight of the offseason) and maybe add a lottery ticket starting pitcher. Otherwise it will be the same team they rolled out there last year, including Gardner. Why should we expect anything different? Start bracing yourself for “getting a healthy Hicks and Severino back will be just like a free agent signing.”
        Yep, we have seen this “movie” before!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by newhampfan View Post

So very, very, very depressing, that this mediocre player keeps returning and defining the team for what it is: in the end, so far, mediocre.
          Again, amen…..

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

Well, yeah. YES is already preparing for us for the inevitable. They wouldn't do this unless they knew he's coming back:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You know what your phone needs right now? A little Brett Gardner, that’s what. <a href="https://t.co/OyzfMm5hLe">pic.twitter.com/OyzfMm5hLe</a></p>&mdash; YES Network (@YESNetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1464660029659914247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            I really, really liked Brett Gardner once upon a time. The Yankees are going to make me hate him.

Comment

Mullins is on the market.
              https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/11/m...de-market.html

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
                I really, really liked Brett Gardner once upon a time. The Yankees are going to make me hate him.
                I'm not going to blame a player for continued front office and ownership mismanagement.

Comment

I don't know who is more Gardner obsessed - Cashman or some folks on this board?
                  You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
                    I'm completely lost on what kind of package it would take and doubting if the O's are even serious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricStuff View Post

I'm completely lost on what kind of package it would take and doubting if the O's are even serious about it.
                      I know given his age and health he's not as active in his ownership of the Orioles, but I can't see Peter Angelos, if he still has breath in his body, allowing a deal with the Yankees for one of their high profile players unless he's getting a king's ransom in return. And even then it's still iffy.

You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

I know given his age and health he's not as active in his ownership of the Orioles, but I can't see Peter Angelos, if he still has breath in his body, allowing a deal with the Yankees for one of their high profile players unless he's getting a king's ransom in return. And even then it's still iffy.
                        The Yankees have a far better chance of landing Reynolds from the Pirates... oh wait, Aaron Hicks.

never mind.
                        "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

BAL is looking for players who can play now. Unless they take Hicks it's going to be too expensive. We have other holes that are more important (starting catcher and #2 LHP SP, SS, 1st) I don't like Hicks/probably Gardy and I have no problem with Gallo or Judge in CF, Florial (I wanted Allen) and Hicks as 4th. I hope this is just PR. The post on Hicks with Mets having 4 more years I had to check (he was right). I always felt Ells was a contract that was terrible from day one. Forgetting the money but Ells had 3 years of the 4 he played over 100 game so 3 for 6 (I am sure it was settled we paid him for 6) total 520 games. Hicks played 493 in 6 years and only 2 years over 100 games. It is hard to believe Ells played more games in 4 years (we paid him 6) years than Hicks did in 6 ...... These contracts hurt the team.

Doesn't make sense. IMO. Unless we trade Sanchez and Hicks we have a roster problem. We are not having 5 OFers(Hicks and Mullins) and Sanchez a backup.

Comment

I wonder if they'd be interested in Gleyber.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
                              BAL is looking for players who can play now. Unless they take Hicks it's going to be too expensive. We have other holes that are more important (starting catcher and #2 LHP SP, SS, 1st) I don't like Hicks/probably Gardy and I have no problem with Gallo or Judge in CF, Florial (I wanted Allen) and Hicks as 4th. I hope this is just PR. The post on Hicks with Mets having 4 more years I had to check (he was right). I always felt Ells was a contract that was terrible from day one. Forgetting the money but Ells had 3 years of the 4 he played over 100 game so 3 for 6 (I am sure it was settled we paid him for 6) total 520 games. Hicks played 493 in 6 years and only 2 years over 100 games. It is hard to believe Ells played more games in 4 years (we paid him 6) years than Hicks did in 6 ...... These contracts hurt the team.

Doesn't make sense. IMO. Unless we trade Sanchez and Hicks we have a roster problem. We are not having 5 OFers(Hicks and Mullins) and Sanchez a backup.
                              So Cashman signs Ellsbury to a bad contract and then does the same thing with Hicks. So we all are to expect Cashman to change and suddenly become competent.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post

Disagree about CF. It may not be as important as SS or C but it's more like a 1b than a 2. Anyway, couldn't be more apparent from what you've written that this team is a mess and it will be a mess if the offseason falls short of a major FA signings and some bold roster transforming trades.

Comment

Working...
                                X