2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newhampfan View Post

Cohen wants to beat out Hal and the Streinbrenners for New York/New Jersey, and right now it looks as if he has. I guess I'd recommend Yankee fans to boycott attending home Yankee games as much as they're able, and no matter if a winning streak happens here and there by chance. Hal has spent his years trying to reform the Steinbrenner family name vis-a-vis New York and the Yankees--that is, to take it away from his bombastic father--not realizing that in the process, he's ironically made George a site of nostalgia for many of us. He should read messages like this one and others on this forum, but he won't. Too bad, imo.
    I know some of you probably don't remember the mid 1980's and even less the late 60's and early 70's but there was a time when the Mets were the #1 team in NY. And thanks to Hal and Cashman we could see that happening again very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

I'll say thing again. The worst thing that happened in 2021 for Yankee fans was the 13 game winning streak.
      A bunch of us said this at the time. Also, that 2nd WC is a boon to the spending model that Hal and Cash have built. It appears they will spend right up to the cap and have a top 5 payroll, but won't ever go for it. This model will never work with the kind of GM the Yankees have. If they want to put together an organization that can continuously draft and develop talent, they can be a force at their current payroll. However, with Cashman as GM, they need to be able to outspend everyone by a good amount like they were for a period in the 2000s in order to be legitimate contenders. What we have is a treadmill model that will never yield a championship.

Comment

Predictions:
        Story - Rangers
        Seager - Dodgers
        Max - Mets
        Correa - Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
          Sorry folks. My mom passed this weekend and I’m not in a good mind set.
          Sorry for your loss.

Comment

This is horrible news. I lost my mom just about 8 years ago and it still hurts.

Comment

Very sorry to hear. My condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post
                Predictions:
                Story - Rangers
                Seager - Dodgers
                Max - Mets
                Correa - Yankees
                Good guess on the first 3. #4 is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

A bunch of us said this at the time. Also, that 2nd WC is a boon to the spending model that Hal and Cash have built. It appears they will spend right up to the cap and have a top 5 payroll, but won't ever go for it. This model will never work with the kind of GM the Yankees have. If they want to put together an organization that can continuously draft and develop talent, they can be a force at their current payroll. However, with Cashman as GM, they need to be able to outspend everyone by a good amount like they were for a period in the 2000s in order to be legitimate contenders. What we have is a treadmill model that will never yield a championship.
                  It's a continuous treadmill to oblivion.

Comment

The first time we will hear anything from Brian Cashman will be when he tenders Gary Sanchez and proclaims that he got the best value for what was available. Next will be when he remarks what wonderful physical shape Aaron Hicks is in. Third will be a dumpster dive trade or Free Agent signing (probably a no-hit) shortstop. Then it will be time for spring training and he will pronounce the team Death Star II.

I read this novel before.

Comment

I'll come back when the outlook does not look as bleak as it does today,according to many posters. Until we know when Cash has up his sleeve, if anything, it's premature.
                      I'm an optimist by nature.

Comment

Hal Steinbrenner is Connor Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post
                          Hal Steinbrenner is Connor Roy.
                          Hahahahahahahahahah

Comment

So sorry. God bless you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Amazing how there are still so many people that don't understand this.
                              I see so many fans on social media who are in complete disbelief that we are not in on any of these big name free agents. They really have not been paying attention.
                              David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

$44mil AAV. Good for Sherzer but holy crap.
                                Just read when Cohen bought the Mets his net worth was just short of $13 billion. Today Forbes reporting it at $15.8 billion.

Scherzer could be using them to up the Dodgers offer but that owner has crazy money to spend.

Comment

Working...
                                X