Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Welcome To My World.

Lots of these hopes can come true. If only half of these hopes come true, the Yanks will make the post season in 2022
    Green = Has a chance to come true
    Yellow = Maybe
    Red = Not at all likely

I hope Gary learns how to catch and remembers how to hit.
    I hope DJ has a better year at the plate while playing out of position at either 1B or 3B.
    I hope Gleyber isn't as bad at defense as he's always been and remembers how to hit.
    I hope Gio magically gets more range if Cashman goes with him at SS.
    I hope the dumpster dive they get for 1B or 3B turns out to be a great find.
    I hope Gallo gets a few base hits next year.
    I hope Judge, Stanton and Hicks don't get hurt.
    I hope Hicks learns how to get his bat on the ball if the hope one line up comes true.
    I hope Cole finds the right sticky stuff.
    I hope the other 4-7 SPs can be really good and stay healthy (whoever they may be).
    I hope Chapman has a lot fewer meltdowns and injuries.
    I hope Loaisiga continues his excellence and doesn't get hurt.
    I hope the rest of the bullpen can save the day for our 4-5 inning starters.
    I hope they abandon the silly rest rules.
    I hope they can find someone to be the batting coach who will can think on his own instead of being at the will of the Kids in the Hall.
    I hope the Red Sox and Blue Jays and Rays all have really bad years.
    I hope the Yankees play against teams all season when the opponents are missing a few key parts.
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

So the owners want free agency tied to a certain age (29.5). The players just want it to happen sooner.

Does that mean Judge will be a free agent once the CBA is signed?

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Green = Has a chance to come true
        Yellow = Maybe
        Red = Not at all likely

I hope Gary learns how to catch and remembers how to hit.
        I hope DJ has a better year at the plate while playing out of position at either 1B or 3B.
        I hope Gleyber isn't as bad at defense as he's always been and remembers how to hit.
        I hope Gio magically gets more range if Cashman goes with him at SS.
        I hope the dumpster dive they get for 1B or 3B turns out to be a great find.
        I hope Gallo gets a few base hits next year.
        I hope Judge, Stanton and Hicks don't get hurt.
        I hope Hicks learns how to get his bat on the ball if the hope one line up comes true.
        I hope Cole finds the right sticky stuff.
        I hope the other 4-7 SPs can be really good and stay healthy (whoever they may be).
        I hope Chapman has a lot fewer meltdowns and injuries.
        I hope Loaisiga continues his excellence and doesn't get hurt.
        I hope the rest of the bullpen can save the day for our 4-5 inning starters.
        I hope they abandon the silly rest rules.
        I hope they can find someone to be the batting coach who will can think on his own instead of being at the will of the Kids in the Hall.
        I hope the Red Sox and Blue Jays and Rays all have really bad years.
        I hope the Yankees play against teams all season when the opponents are missing a few key parts.
        thanks for using the holiday colors! very festive!
        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post
          So the owners want free agency tied to a certain age (29.5). The players just want it to happen sooner.
          middle ground: 29yrs old or 5 yrs service - whichever comes first.
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Benefactor View Post

I can agree with that. Two future DH's and only one DH spot available.
            Maybe Cashmonkey is hoping they will add a second DH in the American League.

Comment

middle ground: 29yrs old or 5 yrs service - whichever comes first.
              But Judge meets both sides criteria. Will he be a free agent when baseball is back?

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                I don't think the vast majority of casual fans believe in him as the Yankees have gotten worse since 2017. Getting knock out in WC game or first round is enough evidence to the casual Yankees fan that things are not working out. The media is turning against Cashman.
                We must be following different media outlets. I pretty much can't turn on the radio these days without hearing some flunkie scold the fans for not appreciating St. Brian enough.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post

But Judge meets both sides criteria. Will he be a free agent when baseball is back?
                  If there is an agreement here, maybe there is also an agreement of implementation in offseason 22/23 to avoid the sudden unexpected free-agency of many ball players

Comment

Originally posted by subterranean View Post

If there is an agreement here, maybe there is also an agreement of implementation in offseason 22/23 to avoid the sudden unexpected free-agency of many ball players
                    Yeah...but only if they could setup arbitration for the pool of players who would be impacted...
                    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Maybe the Yankees did not do any deals because as the 1 agent said see you in July to his client and i was around when they went on strike and when there was a lockout and when 2 sides with lots of money do not agree they can play it out.

Both sides are dug in. The players got the bad end the last time and the owners do not want to budge. I will say this. Baseball players have it nice. There is a cap but teams can go over it. In Football and Basketball you can't go over a max amount of money.

I also agree teams should not be able to tank and make money. Why should the Yankees pay Tax to Baltimore and them not invest it in players but pocket it.

The sport is in a changing time and i can see this go on till the ASB

Comment

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post
                        I also agree teams should not be able to tank and make money. Why should the Yankees pay Tax to Baltimore and them not invest it in players but pocket it.
                        The problem is, if you know what you are doing, it works. It worked for the Astros and Cleveland. The As do it periodically. The Rays are always selling off but still contenders.

Comment

Here's my simple prediction: With more teams going to the postseason, there will be less "re-builds" and instead more competition for quality players on their rosters.

The competitive balance should & will involve many more teams.
                          There was a time not too long ago (and in other eras) that it didn't really matter what those middle of the pack competition did, how many playoff teams there were. There could be 3 others or 11 others, and all of them were basically competing for a shot to get beat by the New York Yankees.

Now we're one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by subterranean View Post

That has to be it. Judge won’t benefit but many others will. Gleyber Torres would be a FA after 2022. At age 25 in November 2022. After 5 years ML experience. He wouldn’t have to wait til the end of the 2024 season.

Comment

I'm a fan of the hockey model (I think it's hockey?) where the draft order gets determined by your winning percentage after you get eliminated from postseason contention. That would significantly neutralize tanking for draft picks.
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                                I'm a fan of the hockey model (I think it's hockey?) where the draft order gets determined by your winning percentage after you get eliminated from postseason contention. That would significantly neutralize tanking for draft picks.
                                Don’t tanking teams in mlb never make the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X