No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New coaches : Yankees Add Dillon Lawson, Desi Druschel To Coaching Staff - MLB Trade Rumors
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Now I am excited, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
        -Tanaka staying with Rakuten

-Cashman rappelling down the Stamford building
        Willing to bet the equipment Brian uses for this isn't questionable, used ropes just coming off of repairs.

If only he valued the starting rotation a fraction as much.

Comment

I wonder if signing Tanaka was one of the Yankee contingency plans? I hope they have some plans/preferences ahead of Tanaka.

The quality of the starting pitchers that might be available is narrowing down, it feels like.
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
            I wonder if signing Tanaka was one of the Yankee contingency plans? I hope they have some plans/preferences ahead of Tanaka.

The quality of the starting pitchers that might be available is narrowing down, it feels like.
            Signing Tanaka was probably their only plan. Are there any decent starting pitchers left out there now?

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

I never read anything about the Yankees talking to Tanaka.
              More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Eight Sportswriters from Athletic forecasting a long lockout....most have typical pitchers/catchers report date (or a little later) as "settlement date".

I presume Hal/Cash perhaps figure there will be discounts available from players looking to get to a team during spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                  Eight Sportswriters from Athletic forecasting a long lockout....most have typical pitchers/catchers report date (or a little later) as "settlement date".

I presume Hal/Cash perhaps figure there will be discounts available from players looking to get to a team during spring training.
                  Teams don't get discounts for premium talents. Harper signed in early March. Machado signed in mid February. When teams decide to spend 200-300M and are willing to commit 10 years for a player, the shorten spring training would not stop them from waiting.

Maybe Gardner would give the Yankees a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

Teams don't get discounts for premium talents. Harper signed in early March. Machado signed in mid February. When teams decide to spend 200-300M and are willing to commit 10 years for a player, the shorten spring training would not stop them from waiting.

Maybe Gardner would give the Yankees a discount.
                    I agree but Hal/Cashman have been bargain basement hunting (except for Cole fo course which was the sampler for the fan base) for quite some time. I don't see Hal changing his colors now.....he's just going to hide behind the statement that available players cost too much.

Comment

Promoting from within is to be expected in an organization that constantly feels like they know everything and nothing is wrong. Essentially proves that the assistant coaches let go were just scapegoats.

Comment

Wozaa...Our new hitting coach is deep into analytics...worked with Correa(Chick Corea)
                        https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/yankee...hitting-coach/

I'm stoked

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                          Owners of the past were so greedy they sold tickets for under ten bucks, so fans could bring their family to a game without taking out a loan.
                          Because that's all they could charge if they wanted to have any hopes of getting annual attendance up to the lofty total of 1 million.

If they could have charged more, they would have.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
                            Wozaa...Our new hitting coach is deep into analytics...worked with Correa(Chick Corea)
                            https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/yankee...hitting-coach/

I'm stoked
                            He's all about exit velo.

This team just doesn't get it. They're going to stubbornly double-down instead of admitting their philosophy is flawed.
                            "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

This team just doesn't get it. They're going to stubbornly double-down instead of admitting their philosophy is flawed.
                              Amazing how stubborn this organization is. Cashman will forever believe that he is the smartest guy in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

We are way past doubling down. This is like sextupling or septupling down.

Comment

Working...
                                X