Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

He's all about exit velo.

This team just doesn't get it. They're going to stubbornly double-down instead of admitting their philosophy is flawed.
    (I don't know him) I don't like our analytics and believe in experience. As for me he has no track record from what I read (college, minors). I wish they would have hired someone from a top 10 club in %K, OBP, etc. I feel we did a great job with Blake and know there are batting coaches who has the bat in the strike zone longer for contact using video. Some are independent that players go to.

Comment

I'm really glad they went with Lawson - he and his philosophy was part of the reason the Yankee minor leaguers hit so well this year. He calls it "Hit strikes hard", how many times this year did we see guys just take pitches down the middle that were so hittable.

Here is a video of him explaining his thinking behind hitting and his background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74vIY6nYjlg&t=1204s

Comment

Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
        I'm really glad they went with Lawson - he and his philosophy was part of the reason the Yankee minor leaguers hit so well this year. He calls it "Hit strikes hard", how many times this year did we see guys just take pitches down the middle that were so hittable.

Here is a video of him explaining his thinking behind hitting and his background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74vIY6nYjlg&t=1204s
        I'm probably in the minority.

But, I like how much he helped improve hitting across the Yankees minor league system.

I'm happy to see him get the opportunity.

Comment

I'm fine with the promotion of Lawson. The hitting prospects really took off under his watch.

Comment

As a batting coach, I wonder if it's easier to mold young players who are hungry and are looking for an opportunity to make a name for themselves, vs. trying to help a veteran hitter that goes through droughts and slumps.

I'm just guessing some of the veteran hitters have their own trainers that help them work through the grind of a season.
            Last edited by sjb23; 12-04-21, 01:39 PM.
            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Yankees are contemplating having 3 hitting/pitching coaches on the team.

That's fine just as long as all the coaches are on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

That's going to cost Hal extra cash. Guess no ball boys again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

That's going to cost Hal extra cash. Guess no ball boys again next season.
                  Don't worry, he won't pay the coaches that much.
                  Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Anyone read on twitter where Correa was wearing a Yankee hat and Saying "Volpe will love Oakland". NOOOOOO UGGGGGG

Comment

I hope this works out with Lawson. But I used to bet and liked the post: 'it is a lock' this will work out but credit goes to poster 'hope' where I am. We ranked 19 and probably after the trade deadline it was lower. I don't like our player development. There are many factors but we don't have a great farm system like TB. So I ask myself why not get a coach from the TB farm system or another club? It's me I did NOT want Boone because he did not have experience and a average color/analyst. Now after 3 years I still don't (he follows the plan and says the right things). A poster who I liked who left - posted me a long time ago it's like changing the names on the Titanic. I don't see this improvement in our farm system but I don't know. I think Wells (ASL) had high K%. Just because Lawson been here within our organization and should get promoted and Brian knows him - I don't know. I hope this works.

MLB Pipeline (August, 2021)
                      19. New York Yankees
                      2021 preseason rank: 18
                      2020 midseason rank: 19
                      2020 preseason rank: 22
                      Top 100 Prospects: Anthony Volpe, SS (No. 15); Jasson Dominguez, OF (No. 17); Oswald Peraza, SS (No. 64)

(If the Owners were for the best interests of the fans they would not have decreased the minor league clubs for the fans.)

Comment

Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

It's a good strategy that allows your hitting coaches to rest every 3rd day

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

I laughed out loud at this one.
                          Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Good one LOL

Comment

Originally posted by OhSoSlick View Post

I'm probably in the minority.

But, I like how much he helped improve hitting across the Yankees minor league system.

I'm happy to see him get the opportunity.
                              I’m open minded and hope he does well, but this was the same point made for Thames and PJ when they were hired.

It’s nothing against Dillon it’s that the Yankees consistently avoid bringing outside perspectives to challenge their own philosophy they promote guys that already believe the same thing they do. Hopefully a guy like Lawson is doing that from within and I’m curious to see what he does but it seems like same problem same solution same results and they only fired the guys they did for optics and nothing else.

Comment

Thames obviously had about 5 or 6 rest days per week. I don't think he brought much to the table as a hitting coach.
                                "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Working...
                                X