Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

Dodgers all the way.
    Same. They're fun and entertaining to watch, and they've built a great farm system that consistently produces homegrown stars the fanbase can get behind.
    I want them to win again.

One would hope it might shame Hal into taking action.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post
      Who is everyone rooting for in the AL and NL now?
      In order -
      #1 Not Boston
      #2 Not Houston
      #3 Not SF
      #4 Brewers
      #5 Don't care.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
        In order -
        #1 Not Boston
        #2 Not Houston
        #3 Not SF
        #4 Brewers
        #5 Don't care.
        Good way to look at it. If LA is eliminated it becomes a matter of rooting against certain teams - Boston, Houston, SF. After that, don’t care.
        If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Dodgers for me

Comment

My offseason plan:

1. Sign a franchise shortstop, preferably Correa but Seager would also work. What do you do with our middle infield prospects? Well..

2. Acquire Matt Olson for a package of Anthony Volpe and Luis Medina.

3. Sign Robbie Ray.

I don't see any catchers available who would be a significant upgrade over Sanchez, so I'll roll with him for another year. I don't like it either, but catching is ass across the league.

Would keep Torres and Urshela and try and let them rebuild value. Torres was trending up towards the end of the year so I'm optimistic.

1B Olson, Voit backup or traded
            2B Torres
            SS Correa
            3B LeMahieu
            C Sanchez, backup Sands
            roving Urshela

CF Hicks (lol, we'll see what happens)
            LF Stanton/Gallo
            RF Judge

SP1 Cole
            SP2 Severino
            SP3 Ray
            SP4 Taillon
            SP5 Montgomery

injuries to the rotation will be pretty easily absorbed with Cortes, German, Waldichuk, Garcia waiting in the wings.

I'm okay with the bullpen as is.
            Don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

Good way to look at it. If LA is eliminated it becomes a matter of rooting against certain teams - Boston, Houston, SF. After that, don’t care.
              My wife is a Dodger fan and somehow my daughter decide she was a Rays fan a couple years ago so I'm OK if either win but I can't say I'm actively rooting for either.
              Baseball is life;

Comment

Can't edit my last post, but the A team lineup you're running out is:

Correa SS
                Judge RF
                Stanton DH
                Olson 1B
                Torres 2B
                LeMahieu 3B
                Gallo LF
                Hicks CF
                Sanchez C
                Don't have a clue

Comment

In order -
                  #1 Not Boston
                  #2 Not Houston
                  #3 Not SF
                  #4 Brewers
                  #5 Don't care.
                  Out of curiosity, why SF?
                  You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

Out of curiosity, why SF?
                    I live in the area, don't need that kind of grief from their fans. And I guess I started to really dislike them about the time they got Bonds and never really changed.
                    Baseball is life;

Comment

I wonder what the cost would be to acquire Willson Contreras, Cubs are clearly in rebuild mode and he only has 1 year of arbiration left.
                      Baseball is life;

Comment

I'm done with baseball until spring 2022, I don't care who wins as long as its not Boston. If Cashman and Boone return, not sure if I can stomach another season.

2017 seems so long ago doesn't it? We all had so much hope about the future. Sad really.

Comment

Kay on his show is ripping the entire Yankees organization but is avoiding the elephant in the room, namely Cashman, what a shill.

Comment

Why does everyone's prospective lineup for next year still include Gallo. I don't care if he is under contract. Please trade him far away. Do we really need him for an entire season to bat .150? And you know they will continue to bat him 4th or 5th.

Comment

I live in the area, don't need that kind of grief from their fans. And I guess I started to really dislike them about the time they got Bonds and never really changed.
                              I figured it was something like that. I wasn't a huge of Brian Sabean but other than that I have no axe to grind with the Giants. I'd root for them over the Dodgers any day.
                              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Any interest in Baez during free agency?

Comment

Working...
                                X