Who will play SS in 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will play SS in 2022?

A poll to see who everyone thinks will play SS for the Yankees in 2022.
    Carlos Correa
    18.18%
    Corey Seager
    27.27%
    Trevor Story
    0%
    Andrelton Simmons
    20.45%
    Freddy Galvis
    0%
    Other
    34.09%
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I chose "Other" as I predict it will be either Gio or someone other than Simmons from the scrap heap.
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I want Seager or Correa but I think Cashman would sign Story as his big signing.

Comment

Kyle Holder has elite defense and is a 1st round pick.
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
          Kyle Holder has elite defense and is a 1st round pick.
          And just becomes a minor league FA!

Comment

I think it’s Seager and then he moves to 3rd when volpe is ready in 2023

Comment

Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
              I agree. Makes too much sense to not happen.

Then again.................................

Comment

I question those who chose Simmons... I get the low cost part, but when had Cashman ever chosen an elite defensive guy with no offense? A Simmons type is not in Cashman's DNA.
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I chose other. Cashman saves Hal big bucks by luring Addison Russell from the Mexican League ... tries to tap into that "enormous potential."
                  I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Went with other. Top guys will be too expensive for Cashman. Probably end up with Gio out of position at SS. And DJ playing every position except his Gold Glove position.

Comment

"We kicked the tires on all of the free agent Shortstops, but the price was just too high. We've got Gio, so there's no need to risk that much money on someone who might not represent an upgrade over Gio. We already have a solid infield. We expect a bounce-back season from several players, and we hope to have better luck, injury-wise, in 2022." -Brian Cashman, January 2022

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                      - President Barack Obama

Comment

Lots of smoke about the big name guys but when the dust settles I think it will be Semien.
                        David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

I want Correa but we end up with semien.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
                            I went with this for the same reason, but won't be surprised by another outcome.

Good poll idea.

Comment

I wonder if Odor's roster spot has an influence not only on SS, but all four IF positions. The same could be said about Gleyber, as well as how Volpe & Peraza fit into the plan in 2023 and beyond.

Lots of options and possibilities and choices to make, all the while the new CBA negotiations will probably bring all actions to a bare minimum in Nov/Dec. Announcement of the NL adopting the DH will have an effect on the market. For the Yankees, it might get them to make moves involving Voit, Sanchez and (dare I say) affect Judge's extension talks.
                              "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Working...
                              X