Who will play SS in 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

You can forget about Galvis - he's headed to Japan.

I'll stick to what I've been saying since early October: Say hello to Andrelton Simmons.
    Thanks for the info - that's odd that Galvis isn't waiting longer to play in MLB. Must have been a personal choice.

"Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
      Remaining FA SSs:

Carlos Correa (27)
      Mike Freeman (34)
      Freddy Galvis (32)
      Erik Gonzalez (30)
      Jose Iglesias (32)
      Andrelton Simmons (32)
      Trevor Story (29)
      Jonathan Villar (31)

I think Iglesias signed the other day but it's not official (like Verlander's signing).

Out of this bunch, I'll be okay with signing Freddy Galvis. He's a switch hitter with a good glove, and will probably sign a short-term contract - like 3 yrs (max). Hopefully he'll wind up being a good utility guy in 2023 after Volpe or Peraza get a chance to start @ SS.
      I haven't heard anything about Iglesias signing, is that true? If not I find him intriguing on a low money deal. Was in the 100 percentile in xBA in 2020 and still at 74 this year. His glove is not what it was, but he's still solid. Makes sense along with Gio in stopgap situation. Of course prefer Correa or Story, but feel like that's less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
        Amazing. The mighty New York Yankees, with the greatest financial resources or any team in the game, has a gaping hole at SS,CF, their rotation, Catcher, Closer, 1B, Manager and analytics and we happen to be staring at the greatest crop of free agent SS ever.

And yet, we’ve been programmed to believe that we’ll need to settle for the likes of Simmons and Gregorius.

That alone should be reason enough to boycott this embarrassment of a franchise until Hal decides to change course or sell the team. Disgraceful.
        You missed a few
        A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Working...
        X