Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about this 2 different baseball's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about this 2 different baseball's?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...21-season.html

I also saw on tik tok that jig games like the field of dreams game got the more jucied baseballs.

I think this has been going on for years and years. A friend has a ball he caught at an Indians game , sometime in the '70's. He also got another one in the ' 90's. He gets both of them in either hand, then drops them at the same time. The newer one bounces significantly higher than the old one. I don't know exactly what that means, but to think that baseballs are identical and always have been, let alone even during the season, is foolish and not surprising at all.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post
      I think this has been going on for years and years. A friend has a ball he caught at an Indians game , sometime in the '70's. He also got another one in the ' 90's. He gets both of them in either hand, then drops them at the same time. The newer one bounces significantly higher than the old one. I don't know exactly what that means, but to think that baseballs are identical and always have been, let alone even during the season, is foolish and not surprising at all.
      I think there has definitely been manipulation, but there are also other reasons why a ball that is much older may have significantly less bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

I think there has definitely been manipulation, but there are also other reasons why a ball that is much older may have significantly less bounce.
        Yes, and comparing a game ball from the 70's and 90's misses the point a bit. The issue is whether there was intentional or even unintentional effects on individual games or with individual teams by deploying two very different game balls and not really being able to cleanly explain the why/what/when/how of it. And Manfred has earned zero trust so he gets no benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea why MLB continues to run into these easily avoided PR issues.

Comment

Working...
        X