Gary sanchez needs to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by effdamets View Post

He is the reason I no longer go to games at the stadium. And I watch VERY few games on television. It's so frustrating for a huge moment in a game to arise and see Gary Sanchez, the most abhorrent player on the Yankees, come to the plate and display the complete worst discipline and have a magnificently useless at bat.
    All because Cashman is running things.
    Cashman may be the worst GM in baseball.
    Count me as one of the many who is dying to see Cashman take a job elsewhere where he doesn't have a $200+ payroll annually.

I'm certain he would fail spectacularly.

Comment

He is the reason I no longer go to games at the stadium. And I watch VERY few games on television. It's so frustrating for a huge moment in a game to arise and see Gary Sanchez, the most abhorrent player on the Yankees, come to the plate and display the complete worst discipline and have a magnificently useless at bat.
      All because Cashman is running things.
      Cashman may be the worst GM in baseball.
      Maybe not the worst. But could be the most arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

Count me as one of the many who is dying to see Cashman take a job elsewhere where he doesn't have a $200+ payroll annually.

Uhhh - he's failing pretty spectacularly WITH a $200 million payroll.... He's the 'awful-est'.....
        "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Comment

Uhhh - he's failing pretty spectacularly WITH a $200 million payroll.... He's the 'awful-est'.....
          You stop that you. They made the playoffs you know. Sheesh.
          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Trust the process.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Trust the process.
              LOL...World Series 2022...HERE WE COME...LOL
              "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

I'd be curious to see how he'd do with lower payroll and lower expectations. Some of his biggest blunders are with spending poorly and prospect hugging. Now to be clear I don't think he'd do particularly well as the few FAs he'd be able to sign he'd miss on, but it would be interesting to see if taking some tools out of his belt might improve his efficiency and performance relative to lower expectations. And if he was in a position to accumulate prospects via selling if by the law of averages he'd finally have some more prospects that succeed. I do think it would not work out well, but I'd be curious to see it. It'd certainly be a better fit for him than being GM for the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime714 View Post

I'd be curious to see how he'd do with lower payroll and lower expectations. Some of his biggest blunders are with spending poorly and prospect hugging. Now to be clear I don't think he'd do particularly well as the few FAs he'd be able to sign he'd miss on, but it would be interesting to see if taking some tools out of his belt might improve his efficiency and performance relative to lower expectations. And if he was in a position to accumulate prospects via selling if by the law of averages he'd finally have some more prospects that succeed. I do think it would not work out well, but I'd be curious to see it. It'd certainly be a better fit for him than being GM for the New York Yankees.
                  IMO it seems like this sentence could apply to all 30 GMs. All 30 would probably agree, also.
                  "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

BTW, I thought this was a Gary Sanchez thread?
                    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

IMO it seems like this sentence could apply to all 30 GMs. All 30 would probably agree, also.
                      No, I'd say some are really bad at trades. A guy like Dave Dombrowski is notorious for ruining minor league systems and bad bullpens. Others hardly have any significant blunders at all. I'll give Cashman credit on his trades when he actually makes a trade its usually at least decent.

But yes back to Sanchez, trade him and get Mitch Garver.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

And, after that, it's just a crap shoot. Everybody knows that.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                        - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                          And, after that, it's just a crap shoot. Everybody knows that.
                          Yeah. Everybody that works in the Yankees front office.

Comment

Life Is a crapshoot.

Comment

and now that Gary is gone....he will be lauded on the site as Berra-DIckey-Howard-Munson-Posada rolled into one.
                              "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                                and now that Gary is gone....he will be lauded on the site as Berra-DIckey-Howard-Munson-Posada rolled into one.
                                In fairness, most of the criticisms of the deal that I'm seeing have to do more with who the Yankees got than who they gave up.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Working...
                                X