2022 Regular Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Regular Season Thread.

Last spring training game has been played. Off season is over. Time to post on the regular season thread.

Let's go!
    Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

I'm guessing Locasto will be up no later than the beginning of May when they have to take 13 position players. They are jut getting him consistent playing time to start the season so he can shake of the rust from the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post
        I'm guessing Locasto will be up no later than the beginning of May when they have to take 13 position players. They are jut getting him consistent playing time to start the season so he can shake of the rust from the injury.
        If Bird does well at Scranton I wonder if he might get a shot in May too.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

If Bird does well at Scranton I wonder if he might get a shot in May too.
          He’s such a limited use player that unless he’s mashing I don’t see a place for him unless Rizzo is hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by justtxyank View Post

He’s such a limited use player that unless he’s mashing I don’t see a place for him unless Rizzo is hurt.
            Yes. Which is why I was kind of surprised that Greg signed with the Yankees.

Comment

I'm not surprised - Cashman has always loved him and Bird is familiar with our organization. He provides a lefty bat at 1b or DH should Rizzo, Stanton, or one of our outfielders get hurt (which presumably puts Stanton in the outfield much more often). Very good mutual fit.

Comment

I too was surprised but I was really happy for him that he had such a good Spring. I always liked him.
                I just hope he used up all his bad luck, injury wise, and things go really well for him goin' forward.
                "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I was surprised too, since he only exercised his release clause with the Jays because they weren't going to put him on the 40-man. Seems strange to turn down a minor league contract and then go and sign another one, especially since even if Rizzo does get injured they'll probably play DJ as the backup before Bird, so he's got even less of a path to the majors now. Maybe he just likes the Yankees better? Whatever the case, I'm very happy he's back, I'll always love him for what he did in 2017... "Swing and a drive to right!"
                  "I may not have been the greatest Yankee to ever put on the uniform, but I was the proudest." - Billy Martin

Comment

Well it keeps him out of Canada for most of the year.

Comment

Time for some forecasts for the season ahead.

Yanks to finish 4th in the Division - but still make playoffs with 87 wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Tock Ada Shot View Post

I too was surprised but I was really happy for him that he had such a good Spring. I always liked him.
                        I just hope he used up all his bad luck, injury wise, and things go really well for him goin' forward.
                        After listening to John Flaherty for about four straight games, I’m glad you said “goin’ forward” and not “moving forward” (or, more accurately, “moving foe-wood” in Flaherty-speak). I do agree totally with your sentiment however.

Also after reading the Off-season Thread comments everyday, could I ask the mods to consider a moratorium on the word “crapshoot” - particularly when season’s end approaches. Why don’t we examine the wonders of the English language and try using such imaginative phrases as “an element of luck” or “momentum” (or similar).

Comment

Apparently it is a rule that EVERY single media source MUST refer to Yankee reliever Ron Marinaccio as from Toms River in every single mention of him.

Toms River. Toms River. Enough with freakin Toms River. We get it already. What in the freak... is this the first freakin player from New Jersey? Jesus Murphy and General Jackson, Toms River this, Toms River that.
                          "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Opening Day is postponed until Friday.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 86 wins
                              • 4th place
                              • no postseason

- my predictions for the 2022 Yankees. For the first time ever, I feel nothing for this team. Totally disconnected.
                              "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Working...
                              X