Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Regular Season Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Bauer View Post

    Before tonight's game, IKF was hitting .276. That means he was doing something of value: getting the ball into useful play. He ought not to be linked with Hicks and Higashioka, especially the former.
    Yes, his .276 BA shows that he’s doing something of value. His .319 OBP and .324 SA show that he's contributing absolutely nothing else. He does an okay job of hitting singles, that’s it.
    Russian warship, go **** yourself

    Comment


      Read it and weep:(4 HOLES)


      1. DJ LeMahieu, 1B

      2. Aaron Judge, RF

      3. Josh Donaldson, 3B

      4. Gleyber Torres, 2B

      5. Matt Carpenter, DH

      6. Aaron Hicks, LF

      7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

      8. Tim Locastro, CF

      9. Kyle Higashioka, C

      Comment


        Originally posted by WSorBUST View Post
        Holmes struggling may be the hot weathers I feel like pitchers that struggle with control are having more issues with the sweat than the cold weather having slicker balls.
        I actually thought Holmes looked good last night for the first three batters. The Arenado hit was pure bad luck. Unfortunately the inning went to crap after he walked O’Neil.
        David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

        Comment


          Originally posted by hhill View Post
          Read it and weep:(4 HOLES)


          1. DJ LeMahieu, 1B

          2. Aaron Judge, RF

          3. Josh Donaldson, 3B

          4. Gleyber Torres, 2B

          5. Matt Carpenter, DH

          6. Aaron Hicks, LF

          7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

          8. Tim Locastro, CF

          9. Kyle Higashioka, C
          Is it okay to start worrying about Rizzo’s back?
          David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

          Comment


            this defining post-trade deadline road trip could be a disaster....very interested to see what Monty does against us tonight.
            "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

            Comment


              Originally posted by hhill View Post
              Read it and weep:(4 HOLES)


              1. DJ LeMahieu, 1B

              2. Aaron Judge, RF

              3. Josh Donaldson, 3B

              4. Gleyber Torres, 2B

              5. Matt Carpenter, DH

              6. Aaron Hicks, LF

              7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

              8. Tim Locastro, CF

              9. Kyle Higashioka, C
              Agree with the 4 holes point. The good news is that, in the postseason:
              1. Higgy can be replaced by Trevino
              2. IKF can be replaced by either Peraza or Volpe
              3. Hicks can be replaced by Giancarlo
              4. Locastro can be replaced by a Benintendi/Bader platoon

              That alignment would be better defensively (only real downgrade is Giancarlo) and offensively. They also have other players/ depth as insurance against injuries or underperformance.

              The bad news is I don't have confidence that management sees the benefits of that alignment like I do. I'm hoping that, when the postseason hits, they will be much savvier about how they use their options. I realize there's a good chance I will be disappointed.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Strategerie View Post
                2. IKF can be replaced by either Peraza or Volpe
                You serious?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
                  I actually thought Holmes looked good last night for the first three batters. The Arenado hit was pure bad luck. Unfortunately the inning went to crap after he walked O’Neil.
                  The walk to O’Neil after getting up 1-2 was the problem.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hhill View Post
                    Read it and weep:(4 HOLES)


                    1. DJ LeMahieu, 1B

                    2. Aaron Judge, RF

                    3. Josh Donaldson, 3B

                    4. Gleyber Torres, 2B

                    5. Matt Carpenter, DH

                    6. Aaron Hicks, LF

                    7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

                    8. Tim Locastro, CF

                    9. Kyle Higashioka, C
                    So Trevino back to being platooned with Higgy. Benintendi sits but 0 for 29 Hicks plays. Unbelievable

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

                      Is it okay to start worrying about Rizzo’s back?
                      I figured Rizzo would be out for the series. If he is not playing on Monday then I will worry.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

                        So Trevino back to being platooned with Higgy. Benintendi sits but 0 for 29 Hicks plays. Unbelievable
                        And after Beni gets his first solid hit for us, it's to the bench-rest scene.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by newhampfan View Post

                          And after Beni gets his first solid hit for us, it's to the bench-rest scene.
                          I thought exactly the same thing when I saw that lineup. And Gleyber batting cleanup? Seriously???

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Strategerie View Post

                            Agree with the 4 holes point. The good news is that, in the postseason:
                            1. Higgy can be replaced by Trevino
                            2. IKF can be replaced by either Peraza or Volpe
                            3. Hicks can be replaced by Giancarlo
                            4. Locastro can be replaced by a Benintendi/Bader platoon

                            That alignment would be better defensively (only real downgrade is Giancarlo) and offensively. They also have other players/ depth as insurance against injuries or underperformance.

                            The bad news is I don't have confidence that management sees the benefits of that alignment like I do. I'm hoping that, when the postseason hits, they will be much savvier about how they use their options. I realize there's a good chance I will be disappointed.
                            When will Volpe or Peraza play for the Yankees? It's already August. They cant bring one of them up for the playoffs unless they play soon for us.
                            I dont see them doing it unless it is soon

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Strategerie View Post
                              2. IKF can be replaced by either Peraza or Volpe
                              Yeah, not happening unless they do this now, which ... is not happening.
                              I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
                                Yeah, not happening unless they do this now, which ... is not happening.
                                Rosters expand 9/1 to 28. Not sure if you can have a “taxi squad” and designate a different 2 as active each day or if you just have to expand to 28 and the roster works the same, just with 28 instead of 26. First year of new rules.

                                under the old rules they would just activate Peraza, Rortverd, Andujar, Florial for position, and Schmidt, Weber and any other P they think could help in addition to activated the 3 injured guys in September when ready, Britton, Sevy, Castro and carry 34 guys. But can’t do that anymore.
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X