2022 Regular Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yankees61 View Post

Undoubtably a spite move by Cashman. I still say Judge doesn't stay if Cashman is here. For those who want Cash gone that is our best hope leveridge-wise.
    No doubt? Couldn't it be because Miggy has probably had a negative WAR over his last 400ish PAs? Miggy has a 530 OPS this year I believe (and has hit well, but not torched, AAA). He is also a LF/DH, which require a bigger bat than the other positions. After 2022, perhaps Miggy is not worth a 40 man spot when compared to the opportunity cost (others the Yankees could protect or even select in the rule 5)?

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
      ALways liked Miggy and dislike Hicks. Not happy about this
      I guess Hicks can play CF and MIggy cant
      Well Miggy was always a nontender candidate this off season and the Yanks owe like ~$30M to Hicks the next 3 years so I'm sure that factored into the decision.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

Comment

Undoubtably a spite move by Cashman. I still say Judge doesn't stay if Cashman is here. For those who want Cash gone that is our best hope leveridge-wise.
        What spite? He hasn't hit MLB pitching since 2018 and he's out of option after this year and is at best a below average left fielder who is passable and Cashman couldn't find a trade partner at the deadline and not for lack of trying.
        Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

So would every other team in MLB
          I think we all agree Andujar's better than HIcks for our team. But 1), He's at best a mediocre defensive player; 2) his hitting has gone down hill even when he's been given a relatively steady chance to play at the ML level (more steady than Florial ever had); 3) he said openly that he wanted to be traded when he'd been sent down once again to AAA, and no matter how such treatment is a dumb Cashman constant--and understandable in that context--such statements are still an old George Steinbrenner "red flag"--a "See ya"; 4) he'll be better off on a non-playoff team where I have no doubt he'll hit better than he has here since his rookie year, and where his defensive liabilities won't be highlighted as much as they are with our team and fans. I hope he gets picked up and has that chance.

Comment

Good thing we held onto Schmidt and traded away all those other dweebs.

Comment

Bullpen is an absolute mess right now. Can't hold a 3 run lead to a terrible Red Sox team. Can't go to far in October with a trash pen.

Comment

Division is just about wrapped up, would love to get Peraza some AB's now. He could be more useful than Locastro on the postseason roster.
                Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post
                  If I'm the Yankees, I'm announcing today that we are resting Judge tomorrow. There isn't a person alive that wants the record breaking call announced by AppleTV. Let the fans planning to attend know now.
                  Unless they're giving refunds to the people who already bought their tickets, which is the vast majority of them, this wouldn't help. Or at least give them a "rain check" credit to the Orioles series or a game next year.

As far as who announces it, I don't know anything about the Apple announcers one way or the other but I'd be fine if Michael Kay gets screwed out of doing it, especially after the stunt he pulled on his radio show the day after the Yankees clinched the World Series in 2009. He couldn't talk about all the great things that happened the night before, no, he devoted his whole show to gloating that Mike Mussina retired the year before and missed out on the ring. Who the hell does that?

So now maybe Michael Kay gets to "miss out." I'd be wayyyyy cool with that. Karma can be a bitch.
                  I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post

Unless they're giving refunds to the people who already bought their tickets, which is the vast majority of them, this wouldn't help. Or at least give them a "rain check" credit to the Orioles series or a game next year.

As far as who announces it, I don't know anything about the Apple announcers one way or the other but I'd be fine if Michael Kay gets screwed out of doing it, especially after the stunt he pulled on his radio show the day after the Yankees clinched the World Series in 2009. He couldn't talk about all the great things that happened the night before, no, he devoted his whole show to gloating that Mike Mussina retired the year before and missed out on the ring. Who the hell does that?

So now maybe Michael Kay gets to "miss out." I'd be wayyyyy cool with that. Karma can be a bitch.
                    Also, it’s not like Michael Kay is Vin Scully or Jack Buck to begin with. I’m not expecting poetry from him.
                    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by PinStriper44 View Post
                      Good thing we held onto Schmidt and traded away all those other dweebs.
                      Didn’t Schmidt have like 19 consecutive scoreless innings recently? He has a bad outing. It happens.
                      Baseball is life;

Comment

So true, how did a printer reporter get to be the voice of the Yankees? He is an annoying blabber mouh who serves only to read stats he is given. He has trouble seeing the plays as they happen.

Hope he misses the big Judge events

Comment

The AppleTV broadcast hasn't been good. With that said, I haven't listened to this particular AppleTV crew call a game. I know the lead announcer works for MLB Network and he's not bad doing this show on that network. However, Katie Nolan is a known Red Sox fan and hates the Yankees with a passion. She doesn't hide her fandom so she could be annoying tomorrow night.

As to your Kay grudge. I don't think he's sweating it much.
                          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
                            ALways liked Miggy and dislike Hicks. Not happy about this
                            I guess Hicks can play CF and MIggy cant
                            This is yet another pure money decision.

Hal and Cash do not want to pay someone (Hicks) to play for someone else for the next 3 years. They would rather have him consume a roster spot then spend money and get no return.

The fact is - they are getting NEGATIVE return by having him on the roster. Having a league minimum guy take that spot would provide more value.

They just can't release a guy who is owed money. Even Ellsbury! The only reason they did that was because they refused to pay him and filed a grievance.

Every other team can do it (dodgers, Mets, Red sox) why can't we.

Bader has more RBIS in the past 3 games (6) then Hicks has - since JULY!!!

Cut Bait.

Comment

Why is Judge staying is tied to whether Cashman is the GM? I want Cashman gone, but whether he's the GM or not, I don't think it will affect Judge's decision to stay or not. It's about the money Hal is willing to spend on him.

As to Andujar, he hasn't been the same hitter since his shoulder injury. A change of scenery is probably best for his career.
                              NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post

As to your Kay grudge. I don't think he's sweating it much.
                                Darn, I thought sure he'd read my post and retire. I guess we'll just have to continue in the nyyfans tradition of being allowed to have opinions about people whether they "sweat it" or not.

Thanks for the scouting report on Apple.
                                I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Working...
                                X