Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Hal/Cash profit plan:

Phase 1: Pursue injury-prone players (especially pitchers), often at great expense, which brings you right up to a self-imposed salary cap.

Phase 2: Claim injuries are what beat you. Also claim the players left standing on your injury-decimated team are at fault for not performing. Don't spend money above cap because "everything we need is in that room."

Phase 3: Profit.
    The guy's baseball legacy is also such disregard to the hot hand that he ultimate cools down everybody. 13 game win streak? No problem, sit Wade and Voit. Time and time again, a player who's starting to see the ball well rides the pine.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
      Hal/Cash profit plan:

Phase 1: Pursue injury-prone players (especially pitchers), often at great expense, which brings you right up to a self-imposed salary cap.

Phase 2: Claim injuries are what beat you. Also claim the players left standing on your injury-decimated team are at fault for not performing. Don't spend money above cap because "everything we need is in that room."

Phase 3: Profit.
      Pretty much it.
      They get injury prone players at a discount, because they're injury prone, ignore their self-created high injury risk, then claim injuries got the best of them.
      A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

After last night's terrific win over a very tough Orioles opponent, I'm thinking of changing my vote. Anyone who can put together a team that can win that game last night deserves a thirteenth chance.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
          After last night's terrific win over a very tough Orioles opponent, I'm thinking of changing my vote. Anyone who can put together a team that can win that game last night deserves a thirteenth chance.
          Cashman's magic number is down to 1. 1 more Yankees win clinches another over .500 season for Cashman to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Cashman's magic number is down to 1. 1 more Yankees win clinches another over .500 season for Cashman to brag about.
            Hal really needs to extend him before some other organization snatches him up.
            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I often feel like this is Cashman trolling us from his perch at Yankee Stadium:

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Working...
              X