2021 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slickman View Post

He won't get another GM job because he costs $5 mil/year and he produces marginal results while throwing $200 mil at it.
    He will get another GM job because other organizations have a President or Executive of Baseball operations that run the whole process. He love to wheel and deal and has a huge ego. It's not the analytics - he is using the same analytics for 20 years ago. other teams passed us (starting with Theo and Friedman). (FYI. Thus may be wrong because I am week on West Coast. I am excited to watch the 2 best NL team play (1) no DH (2) Freidman vs Harris (Theo). Bochy is there too. I don't follow SF but like solid)

Look I just don't think Hal is going to fire Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post

He will get another GM job because other organizations have a President or Executive of Baseball operations that run the whole process. He love to wheel and deal and has a huge ego. It's not the analytics - he is using the same analytics for 20 years ago. other teams passed us (starting with Theo and Friedman). (FYI. Thus may be wrong because I am week on West Coast. I am excited to watch the 2 best NL team play (1) no DH (2) Freidman vs Harris (Theo). Bochy is there too. I don't follow SF but like solid)

Look I just don't think Hal is going to fire Brian.
      If Hal isn't going to fire Cashman then they need to fire Fishman because his analytics department isn't getting it done.
      NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
        If Hal isn't going to fire Cashman then they need to fire Fishman because his analytics department isn't getting it done.
        A band aid on a heart attack. Fishman will be the first to go if they fire Brian. DEFINITELY but I don't feel this is the answer. Brian hired him and listened to him. Brian wants total control (decisions, who is on the roster, manage, farm system, players. coaches) this is a bigger problem than Fishman. (I believe this) It's like Gallo batting 4th (WTF Boone always has Stanton 4th), managers have no say players to get in off season (they are not part of the try outs with Brian and scouts), Managers have no say lineup (Stanton in RF and Judge in CF) , Matt Blake pitching roster (Gil vs Heaney because LHP), Hal needs to start fresh, no Brian, with a completely new FO. (we have disagreed for over 10 years and I admire your support of Brian. I am partly like to read your posts (to see another opinion) and it's too bad you don't post during the season because this is where the mistakes are made by boys in the hall)

I expect Boone to go and he is a good guy and deserved better like Voit.

Comment

You think Hal is going to skip firing the person in charge of analytics and go fire the guy running analytics?
          Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post

A band aid on a heart attack. Fishman will be the first to go if they fire Brian. DEFINITELY but I don't feel this is the answer. Brian hired him and listened to him. Brian wants total control (decisions, who is on the roster, manage, farm system, players. coaches) this is a bigger problem than Fishman. (I believe this) It's like Gallo batting 4th (WTF Boone always has Stanton 4th), managers have no say players to get in off season (they are not part of the try outs with Brian and scouts), Managers have no say lineup (Stanton in RF and Judge in CF) , Matt Blake pitching roster (Gil vs Heaney because LHP), Hal needs to start fresh, no Brian, with a completely new FO. (we have disagreed for over 10 years and I admire your support of Brian. I am partly like to read your posts (to see another opinion) and it's too bad you don't post during the season because this is where the mistakes are made by boys in the hall)

I expect Boone to go and he is a good guy and deserved better like Voit.
            I think most of us agree that Cashman needs to go and that the organization needs a reset. Willie Nelson said it best:

Last edited by Yankees1962; 10-09-21, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I think you're wrong and only time will tell us which of us is correct in our prediction.
              Ehh I'm being slightly sarcastic. The only thing time will tell is how much longer Cashman's contract extension will be with the Yanks unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabata View Post
                He'll get another GM job, but despite Michael Kay telling us to be worried he'd go to the Mets, who really cares where he went as long as he isn't here anymore?
                If Kay thinks we should be "worried he'd go to the Mets," that means that Kay thinks Cashman's doing the job well. Otherwise why be worried?

Comment

As much as I think Cashman needs to leave the Yankees, I don't agree with his most severe critics on this board that think he's that incompetent that he won't be able to get another GM job.
                  As for his Yankees career: GMs with that length (or greater) of service as GM, like Weiss and Barrow, are in the Hall of Fame. Hard to think Cash hasn't thought of their careers. He must realize that time's running out on the likelihood of his ever emulating anything like their success.

Comment

Originally posted by Bauer View Post

As for his Yankees career: GMs with that length (or greater) of service as GM, like Weiss and Barrow, are in the Hall of Fame. Hard to think Cash hasn't thought of their careers. He must realize that time's running out on the likelihood of his ever emulating anything like their success.
                    No GM is ever going to emulate their success. Not with the current playoff setup, free agency and luxury tax penalties. By the way, Cashman is going into the HOF even though many around here don't think so.

Comment

If Kay thinks we should be "worried he'd go to the Mets," that means that Kay thinks Cashman's doing the job well. Otherwise why be worried?
                      Kay thinks Cashman is a good GM, but that doesn't mean he thinks the failures of this team isn't his responsibility.

Comment

I think most of us agree that Cashman needs to go and that the organization needs a reset. Willie Nelson said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk
                        Perfect. It's a great day to watch baseball, have a beer, and not give a shot who wins. Thanks.

Comment

Kay thinks Cashman is a good GM, but that doesn't mean he thinks the failures of this team isn't his responsibility.
                          Yes, but that, in turn, doesn't mean he wants him to be fired. He's prepared to put up with the "failures of this team" (and to blame the GM for them).

Comment

No GM is ever going to emulate their success. Not with the current playoff setup, free agency and luxury tax penalties. By the way, Cashman is going into the HOF even though many around here don't think so.
                            Since it won't be in the very select company of Weiss and Barrow, in whose company will it be?

Comment

Yes, but that, in turn, doesn't mean he wants him to be fired. He's prepared to put up with the "failures of this team" (and to blame the GM for them).
                              Kay has stated repeatedly that it's not his thing to advocate for any manager or GM to be fired. He's stated this a number of times with other individuals so I don't expect him to do so now with Cashman.

Comment

Since it won't be in the very select company of Weiss and Barrow, in whose company will it be?
                                I don't understand your question, what do you mean in whose company will what be?

Comment

Working...
                                X