No announcement yet.

2021 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those names to me are peak Cashman. Dumpster diving because he mismanaged a $200m payroll. Doesn't know when to trade his assets for players on the way up or that balance the team better. Just an amateur all around.

Comment

I get irritated with Hal too. Like I don't know how he watches all these other teams run circles around us and is ok with it. The payroll should be way higher but other teams do more with half of the $200m+ Cashman gets to spend every year.

Comment

Cashman is the single biggest reason we have only 1 WS in 21 years, 1 pennant in 18 years, and 1 division win in 9 years. The Red Sox have been better than us for 20 years now. It's disgusting! And they've been through 4 or 5 GMs!

I'm glad we're not the Orioles but I don't think there's a worse person for this job than Cashman. Just the perfectly tuned, inept, petty, arrogant prick to destroy this great franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky

maybe FO read CP post. But when I read CP post (totally agree with player development) and was a big fan of Clint and I thought of him. Having him twisted his lead foot to hit to right field killed him. I wish him the best.
          Apparently, Frazier has larger issues beyond foot placement in the batters box. The young man can't stay on the field of play. The same with Andujar.
          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
            Apparently, Frazier has larger issues beyond foot placement in the batters box. The young man can't stay on the field of play. The same with Andujar.
            Maybe. Maybe a cup of Joe (D)

You just name 2 of my favorites from 2017 - 2018 that I thought would bring up SEVERAL world series. But you and CP are right we should have traded them to another team to play.

Look I just think Hal is more concern with what Sandy (Mets) is going to do than Cashman.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post

Maybe. Maybe a cup of Joe (D)

You just name 2 of my favorites from 2017 - 2018 that I thought would bring up SEVERAL world series. But you and CP are right we should have traded them to another team to play.

Look I just think Hal is more concern with what Sandy (Mets) is going to do than Cashman.
              I haven't suggested they should have traded them. However, looking back with 20/20 vision, they should have traded them along with Luke Voit after last season.

As to Hal's motivations, I don't know, I leave such speculation to others. However, one thing is clear, Hal and Cashman are tight and there is no getting around that relationship. Such sentiment has little business in owning and running a team. I think as Yankee fans we're screwed!
              NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                I haven't suggested they should have traded them. However, looking back with 20/20 vision, they should have traded them along with Luke Voit after last season.

As to Hal's motivations, I don't know, I leave such speculation to others. However, one thing is clear, Hal and Cashman are tight and there is no getting around that relationship. Such sentiment has little business in owning and running a team. I think as Yankee fans we're screwed!
                I know because I follow you. My post was to Electric Stuff (I really liked Fraizer and Andujar). To this day think about all the young players back in 2017 and 2018, it was a window for me and now it's gone. I will delete it.

I don't understand Hal at all (he is not cheap but wants something for all that money). I don't see Hal at the games like George. At this point it's all speculation. I don't know what will happen but this wait is interesting. I posted this on Mets thread and should have left it there. Mets are in NY so may influence us. Sandy (retirement looking for replacement?), fired his GM (really nice - that day), intern GM, fired the manager but above all Cohen is a fan.

Brian will have his end of the season speech soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricStuff View Post
                  And some of these moves are absurd on their face. They gave up prospects for Rougned Odor, literally one of the very worst players in baseball. Can an analytics team be any good if that's their idea of improvement?
                  I think that was more about financial analytics. I'm sure they thought maybe with some adjustments they could improve him off his ~60 OPS+, and he did improve to ~80 OPS+. But I don't think they targeted him because they thought he was a massive upgrade. They targeted him because he was literally free. Rangers paid ALL of his deal for '21 and '22 PLUS any CBT penalties attributed to his deal. Which is why he'll be on the roster next year too, in spite of his really terrible offensive showing. Which is ok honestly, if he can backup 2B and 3B I suppose AND they reinvest the $$ saved into much more meaningful upgrades to the roster.

So while I agree that move was absurd, to me it was more distressing that the Yankees are targeting players like Odor and Heaney (and to a lesser degree, Rizzo and Gallo) because they can convince the teams controlling those assets to pay them to play for the Yankees. The Yankees don't need to live in that austerity. If it's a one year ploy to reset the tax, after which they can target elite, young FA? Fine. If it's just to stay and remain under the CBT, no bueno.

Comment

Odor is REALLY good on defense, but really has no offensive upside/component. He's the same no batting average/power type Cashman has been acquiring for the last 20+ years. Gallo is really the same. No batting average, or contact skills. Power (better than Odor). Good/great defense.

These aren't the type of players I would look to acquire, but Cashman just loves them.
                    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post
                      Odor is REALLY good on defense, but really has no offensive upside/component. He's the same no batting average/power type Cashman has been acquiring for the last 20+ years. Gallo is really the same. No batting average, or contact skills. Power (better than Odor). Good/great defense.

These aren't the type of players I would look to acquire, but Cashman just loves them.
                      I feel like there was a period where that skill combination was undervalued, and the league adjusted. Of course, the Yankees are a decade behind the times, so they still chase those players - and also don't fully understand that you probably don't want a lineup full of them.

Comment

I picture Fishman running his analytics on an IBM computer from the 1980s.

Cashman intently watching over him and going through the readouts printed on:

..."We got them this year! Boy Howdy!! Cash Ninja!! Yeah Cashies, yeah!"
                        Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

I picture Fishman running his analytics on an IBM computer from the 1980s.

Cashman intently watching over him and going through the readouts printed on:

..."We got them this year! Boy Howdy!! Cash Ninja!! Yeah Cashies, yeah!"
                          I hear they're upgrading from MS-DOS to Windows 95, pretty exciting.
                          I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

What? His defense is mediocre, he's clearly lost a step since whatever site said he was good.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricStuff View Post

What? His defense is mediocre, he's clearly lost a step since whatever site said he was good.
                              No. He's really good. OAA had him as best defender on Yankees (not saying much) and 4th best 2B in baseball (+8):

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...oles=&viz=show
                              Calmer than you are

Comment

Between Odor and Gallo, there should only be room for one IMO. I'd have no problem getting rid of both, but if I'm keeping one of them I think I'd keep Gallo, he might have a little more upside.
                                "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Working...
                                X