• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to top it off he traded for odor, which is just more of the same crap

Comment

He's got a job for life.

Comment

Needs to stop assembling the same team year after year and expect different results

Comment

Originally posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post
          Needs to stop assembling the same team year after year and expect different results
          This. Even when he brings in new players it's the same type of player. He has assembled a team that is good enough to get into the playoffs by feasting on bad pitching throughout the year but I cannot imagine this team winning a world series. I guess in his defense he did finally address the pitching but the offense is one dimensional and the defense is atrocious.
          David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

This staff is not going to hold up.

Furthermore, signing one ace every 10 years is not the ideal way to win championships. It's one more item in a long list of things the organization keeps doing wrong for 20 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

This. Even when he brings in new players it's the same type of player. He has assembled a team that is good enough to get into the playoffs by feasting on bad pitching throughout the year but I cannot imagine this team winning a world series. I guess in his defense he did finally address the pitching but the offense is one dimensional and the defense is atrocious.
              They will never get to the WS. At best they will win one round.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

Cole is obviously amazing. Taillon and Kluber are still huge health risks and Kluber is going to get hit, if he doesn't get a tick back on his FB. The offense is the same as always - antiquated big hairy monster philosophy. The defense is abysmal. They will make the playoffs by beating up on bad teams, but I can only see an extremely narrow pathway (that involves many players on other teams getting injured and the Yankees staying nearly 100% healthy) to a championship this season.

Testing 1,2,3, testing, 1,2,3

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

Cole is obviously amazing. Taillon and Kluber are still huge health risks and Kluber is going to get hit, if he doesn't get a tick back on his FB. The offense is the same as always - antiquated big hairy monster philosophy. The defense is abysmal. They will make the playoffs by beating up on bad teams, but I can only see an extremely narrow pathway (that involves many players on other teams getting injured and the Yankees staying nearly 100% healthy) to a championship this season.
                  Would also help if they happen to face the Twins again in the playoffs, lol

Comment

Only Cashman stuff:

@ktsharp

14m
                    Jay Bruce is now hitting .111/.250/.222 in 27 AB. That's the worst BA, OBP and SLG of any player on the Yankees (min. 5 AB). And his 10 K are the 2nd most of any Yankee this season.
                    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

i was thinking a bit about the Kluber signing. I remember there was a lot of talk about Cashman having an upperhand because Kluber works with Cressy. He must have gotten a really good look at him, right? However, what did he see exactly? It certainly wasn't velocity based on Spring Training and what he's show so far. How the hell could you give him all that money guaranteed if he didn't show you velocity similar to his 17'/18'/19' seasons.
                      Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

IIRC wasn't it reported that there were several teams in at the same $$ level and perhaps even higher? Perhaps they were all salivating at the potential upside and there weren't too many other options at that price point.

Spilt milk. Two starts & hopefully about 25 more to come. My best case scenario is a couple other starters step up and Kluber winds up being a pretty above-average #4 or #5 starter. $10M doesn't buy very much these days in the SP market. Heck apparently they couldn't get Tanaka for $10M, he wanted more. Plenty of overpaid $10M starters.
                        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Since we tend to evaluate Cashman's personnel decisions both at the time he makes them and after-the-fact, I'm going to credit him with decidedly passing on Patrick Corbin a couple of years ago, especially if he knew Cole would be available a year later and that he couldn't afford them both. Corbin will be making $24M this season - too much, IMO. Personally, I was against anything more than 5yrs/$20M AAV.

Good job walking away, Brian.
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

New York Yankees

@Yankees

1m
                            Earlier today, the Yankees traded INF Thairo Estrada to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for cash considerations.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1381285935132852228
                            "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
                              New York Yankees

@Yankees

1m
                              Earlier today, the Yankees traded INF Thairo Estrada to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for cash considerations.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1381285935132852228
                              A new waterfall for one of Hal’s pools. Nice!
                              Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I liked Estrada and thought he deserved more of a shot @ upgrading Wade's roster spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X