2021 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

I am planning on him being GM until I am a very old man. He is currently the only GM (listed with that title) that was hired in the 1990s and one of three remaining that were hired in the 2000s or earlier. FYI - The next longest tenured GM is Dayton Moore of the Royals, hired in 2006 (seven years after Cashman). After that it's Mark Rizzo (Nationals), hired 2009. All other GMs have been hired since the last time the Yankees won a championship. Dude has Supreme Court job security.
    Billy Beane and Brian Sabean have been there longer, but barely.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

Billy Beane and Brian Sabean have been there longer, but barely.
      Neither carries the title General Manager. Beane is the executive vice president of baseball operations and minority owner. "In April 2015, Sabean was promoted to Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations, ceding day-to-day operations to Bobby Evans while taking on a more active role in player evaluations. After the 2018 season he gave up his role overseeing baseball operations, though he was expected to remain with the Giants in another capacity. As of 2019 Sabean is working for the Giants as a scout."

This is why I said, "He is currently the only GM (listed with that title)..."

Comment

You guys were right! Cashman should have been fired as he just made one terrible trade to desperately save his job.
        NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
          You guys were right! Cashman should have been fired as he just made one terrible trade to desperately save his job.
          His job was never ever in any danger.
          Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post

His job was never ever in any danger.
            We all know that as Hal Steinbrenner doesn't have the stones to fire his buddy.

Comment

Now that it's only four prospects, I don't hate the trade as much as my initial impression of it. I'm still not in love with Gallo, but we'll see what happens with him.

Comment

We all know that as Hal Steinbrenner doesn't have the stones to fire his buddy.
                Hal has no idea how to hire a replacement. And really could not be bothered by it. Much better to just count his money on his yacht.

Comment

It's after the trading deadline, I'm still not happy with these trades, but whatever. As much as I think Cashman should not remain the GM, I have resign myself that's not going to happen this offseason. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if both he and Boone get extensions. It's been 24 baseball seasons, it's time to move on, but Hal won't do so. With that said, I hope these trades work out and they make the playoffs. If they do make the playoffs, I'm not expecting a long playoff run.

Comment

It's after the trading deadline, I'm still not happy with these trades, but whatever. As much as I think Cashman should not remain the GM, I have resign myself that's not going to happen this offseason. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if both he and Boone get extensions. It's been 24 baseball seasons, it's time to move on, but Hal won't do so. With that said, I hope these trades work out and they make the playoffs. If they do make the playoffs, I'm not expecting a long playoff run.
                    Sadly, I completely agree about Cashman. Hal will sing his praises this winter and throw the players under the bus. Maybe Boone too depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

The only way Boone stands a chance of losing his job is if they miss the post-season, because ultimately that’s really the only one of two goals they have (remaining below the LT threshold being the second goal).
                    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

yikes. logged on to celebrate the positive turn this team has taken and to reflect on Cashman's stunning ability to make 5 trades in 5 days, but holy smokes @ the negativity here 😨
                      "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

Comment

Originally posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
                        yikes. logged on to celebrate the positive turn this team has taken and to reflect on Cashman's stunning ability to make 5 trades in 5 days, but holy smokes @ the negativity here 😨
                        I am not usually negative with my comments. However, I've grown impatient with Cashman and after 24 seasons, I'm ready for the Yankees to make a change. It's not going to happen, but that's how I feel about the situation. Another thing, I'm not a big Gallo fan and the initial reported trade was six prospects which I thought was a complete overpay especially because one of them was a favorite Yankee prospect of mine. Fortunately, it was only four prospects and that favorite prospect of mine is still with the Yankees.

I didn't love the Rizzo trade, but I can understand why Cashman did it because he needed a good first baseman with some lefty power.

I'm hoping all of these trades workout for the Yankees despite my misgiving about Cashman's future with this organization. I rather be wrong and Cashman right than the other way around.

Comment

I agree, I believe Boone and Cashman will be extended.

Comment

What a great pick up by Cashman is Heaney.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                              What a great pick up by Cashman is Heaney.
                              Between Heaney and Rodriguez, Cashman won the daily double - look at the money he saved!
                              "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

I'm thinking Heaney is just filler until Severino Kluber and German are back. Sept 1 we shall hopefully see a set rotation and roles for each bullpen member
                                "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Working...
                                X