Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YankeePride1967
    replied
    I hear Cashmoney is on the phone to see if Javier Vazquez wants to give it another go

Leave a comment:

• nyyfan16543
    replied
    typical falling flat on face from cashman

Leave a comment:

• ThePinStripes
    replied
    Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How does a GM spend $209 million in payroll and still require a complete up-the-middle rebuild?

The incompetence at every level is truly a thing to behold:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/19/yankee...hez-decisions/

Cashman pointed specifically to shortstop, catcher and center field, where Aaron Hicks missed most of the season following wrist surgery, as positions that will be evaluated this offseason.
    Lol, so the three hardest positions to fill- Catcher, SS and CF. Good work.
    It gets better when you realize they have similar needs on the other side of the ball- #1 starter, #2 starter and closer- the three hardest positions to fill.

Leave a comment:

• ThePinStripes
    replied
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How does a GM spend $209 million in payroll and still require a complete up-the-middle rebuild?

Cashman pointed specifically to shortstop, catcher and center field, where Aaron Hicks missed most of the season following wrist surgery, as positions that will be evaluated this offseason.
    Lol, so the three hardest positions to fill- Catcher, SS and CF. Good work.
    It gets better when you realize they have similar needs on the other side of the ball- #1 starter, #2 starter and closer- the three hardest positions to fill.

Leave a comment:

• effdamets
    replied
    Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

And the saddest thing is, this isn't even a good evaluation. They need change at 6 out of the 8 positions on the field.
    Ugh. I vomit a little in my own mouth when I think about this. Cashman is so bad at his job.

Leave a comment:

• ClownPickle
    replied

And the saddest thing is, this isn't even a good evaluation. They need change at 6 out of the 8 positions on the field.

Leave a comment:

• Zimmer's Helmet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by False1 View Post
    Right.

I will say though that a backup IF that can play at least two positions well defensively (jury still out on third) and provide occasional pop is actually an asset. Especially if that contribution comes for free (assuming the savings are invested WISELY elsewhere on the roster). Odor's not a problem, unless he's starting regularly.
    Sure if Wade and Velasquez are gone, Yanks get a SS and Gio becomes back up SS but then you are looking and DJL as primary 1B or super utility guy and in the former you kill DJL value and in the later Odor is likely an afterthought.

Leave a comment:

• False1
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

He's fine defensively. But not so much so that he overcomes his offensive shortcomings.
    Right.

I will say though that a backup IF that can play at least two positions well defensively (jury still out on third) and provide occasional pop is actually an asset. Especially if that contribution comes for free (assuming the savings are invested WISELY elsewhere on the roster). Odor's not a problem, unless he's starting regularly.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I don't really understand why people think Odor is poor defensively at 2B.
    He's fine defensively. But not so much so that he overcomes his offensive shortcomings.

Leave a comment:

• DrNick
    replied
    Originally posted by ace View Post

Tulowitzki and Carter might be available.
    With Tulo at 2nd and Carter at SS...they have to play out of poition too.

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

The process is committed to not playing DJ at 2nd if at all possible.

I firmly believe that:
    LeMa will either be the regular third baseman (with Gio at SS and a dumpster dive at 1B)
    or
    Lema will be the regular first baseman (with Gio at 3B and a dumpster dive at SS)
    Tulowitzki and Carter might be available.

Leave a comment:

• sjb23
    replied
    Let's get us a new catcher:

Wilson Contreras - Cubs Willson Contreras Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
    Austin Nola - Padres Austin Nola Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
    Carson Kelly - D-Backs Carson Kelly Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
    Jose Godoy - Mariners Jose Godoy Minor & Winter Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Obviously Contreras is the most proven and will cost the most. I think they're all worthy candidates to team with Higashioka. Sanchez can and should be replaced IMO.

Leave a comment:

• ymike673
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Average defender for DH (Stanton) to push an poor defender out of DH and either the field or the bench, all while there are two great 2B defenders and no good 3B or SS defenders. You just have to laugh sometimes.
    Or cry a lot.

Leave a comment:

• ThePinStripes
    replied
    Average defender for DH (Stanton) to push an poor defender out of DH and either the field or the bench, all while there are two great 2B defenders and no good 3B or SS defenders. You just have to laugh sometimes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X