2021 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

The 2021 season about to start Thursday so it's time to start a new Brian Cashman thread.
    NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Maybe some day the GM thread will have a different name. Hope I live long enough to see that.

Comment

Then you should be rooting for the Yankees not to win a WS Chip in the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
        Then you should be rooting for the Yankees not to win a WS Chip in the next two years.
        I would never do that. It's the ultimate "Catch 22" situation.

Comment

Of course you wouldn't as I was just messing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
            Maybe some day the GM thread will have a different name. Hope I live long enough to see that.
            Brian Cashman will outlive us all.
            Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

I am planning on him being GM until I am a very old man. He is currently the only GM (listed with that title) that was hired in the 1990s and one of three remaining that were hired in the 2000s or earlier. FYI - The next longest tenured GM is Dayton Moore of the Royals, hired in 2006 (seven years after Cashman). After that it's Mark Rizzo (Nationals), hired 2009. All other GMs have been hired since the last time the Yankees won a championship. Dude has Supreme Court job security.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

As long as Hal lives anyway.

Comment

I love Brian Cashman and Luis Cessa.
                  "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                    Might as well lean into it at this point.

Comment

Have you spoken to a therapist about this?

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post

Might as well lean into it at this point.
                        Maybe if I sing their graces, they will go away.

Anyway, year after year, Cessa remains on the roster. He is not simply terrible; if he were, he'd be long gone.
                        No...Cessa's evilness is more insidious than that. He excels in a few low-level situations and then he is thrust into an important game and blows it up.
                        This happens time and time again - it's a Charlie Brown and Lucy Van Pelt football situation. At this point it is beyond absurd. Moreover, Boone, and Girardi before him, retains no knowledge of this phenomenon. It's as if both their memories were wiped clean.
                        "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Anyway, year after year, Cessa remains on the roster. He is not simply terrible; if he were, he'd be long gone.
                          No...Cessa's evilness is more insidious than that. He excels in a few low-level situations and then he is thrust into an important game and blows it up.
                          This happens time and time again - it's a Charlie Brown and Lucy Van Pelt football situation. At this point it is beyond absurd. Moreover, Boone, and Girardi before him, retains no knowledge of this phenomenon. It's as if both their memories were wiped clean.
                          Haha, hey, at least we finally got rid of Jonathan Holder. I felt exactly the same way about him as you do with Cessa. Felt like they thought Holder was eventually gonna be a guy who could be a high leverage arm (no idea why) and every time he'd show a flash with a few scoreless appearances against like the Orioles, he'd inevitably give up 5 runs in a big spot and Boone would have shocked Pikachu face.

Comment

And this is exactly why I want Cessa off the team. And I thought after a spring training in which almost every Cessa outing was bad maybe that would get him off the team. But no, the Cashman/Cessa love affair continues.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

And this is exactly why I want Cessa off the team. And I thought after a spring training in which almost every Cessa outing was bad maybe that would get him off the team. But no, the Cashman/Cessa love affair continues.
                              I would bet within the organization they view him as a player who shouldn't be judged by Spring statistics and just that as long as he's healthy and feels good, he has his spot on the roster. Insanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X