2021 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33 homeruns, 17 since Aug 3.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post
      33 homeruns, 17 since Aug 3.
      Amazing what happens when you take the shackles off him and actually let him play the OF in a semi-regular basis. He’s been a completely different hitter since that started.
      "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Beast mode
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

I'm happy Stanton had a good season so some Yankee fans can hate on some other Yankee player.
          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

Amazing what happens when you take the shackles off him and actually let him play the OF in a semi-regular basis. He’s been a completely different hitter since that started.

Unfortunately, that statistic will be disregarded since it means Cashman was wrong in the first place.
            A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

Unfortunately, that statistic will be disregarded since it means Cashman was wrong in the first place.
              (yesterday's game?) This really bothers me. He is a solid RFer and I like (better lineup) Gallo - Judge - Stanton. Bring Gardy in like Wade. This analytics or whatever (Brian) is terrible because FO are afraid he will get hurt. Then we have Voit as DH. It's like overplanning??? I don't know. but he had a fantastic series and what always amazes me his swing is like poking (I like this) the bat on the ball and it's 100 mph EV!!! Unreal Power.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

They have once again staked out multiple positions on this. If it is questioned they can respond, "We weren't doing it because it was best, we were doing it to keep the player healthy, which we accomplished. We now have a healthy Stanton mashing, as we head into the playoffs. Also, let's revisit that trade. We did pretty well to get this guy for next to nothing, huh? Next question."

Comment

His commercial where he's mashing dingers against little leaguers playing at nearly every break last night was a nice touch to his evening.
                  Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                    His commercial where he's mashing dingers against little leaguers playing at nearly every break last night was a nice touch to his evening.
                    lol i like that commercial. It's hilarious
                    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

They have once again staked out multiple positions on this. If it is questioned they can respond, "We weren't doing it because it was best, we were doing it to keep the player healthy, which we accomplished. We now have a healthy Stanton mashing, as we head into the playoffs. Also, let's revisit that trade. We did pretty well to get this guy for next to nothing, huh? Next question."
                      I think Cashman's theory was "he gets hurt a lot, which is why he's much cheaper than a comparable player without injury history. We just wont play him in the field and he'll be healthy."

It seems like the opposite has been true. He's been hurt a ton being idle on the bench 95% of the game and stayed healthy playing the field.

Comment

He's raking, but his swing (good or bad times) is just so weird. It's like actively tries not to use his legs and only use his abs.
                        It looks so awkward and even uncomfortable. I wonder if it's why he strains so many muscles.

Comment

On fire !
                          More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

On fire !
                            That was the weirdest (worst?) Kay call I've ever heard.

"Scooped to left field!" --- what does this even mean?

"Will it stay fair?" --- as the ball is landing in left center field.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
                              That was the weirdest (worst?) Kay call I've ever heard.

"Scooped to left field!" --- what does this even mean?

"Will it stay fair?" --- as the ball is landing in left center field.
                              From Inside The Lines Forum : Side note: Calling road games from Yankee Stadium needs to stop. Michael Kay asked "is it fair?" on Stanton's home run when it was like 4 sections fair lol. I can't blame him, it was hard to tell on the broadcast off the bat, but if you're in the stadium it's obvious.

Comment

From Inside The Lines Forum : Side note: Calling road games from Yankee Stadium needs to stop. Michael Kay asked "is it fair?" on Stanton's home run when it was like 4 sections fair lol. I can't blame him, it was hard to tell on the broadcast off the bat, but if you're in the stadium it's obvious.
                                I thought it was easy to tell off the bat. When he said it I made a face, but in Kay's defense, he doesn't usually watch games on TV like the rest of us. He's probably not used to reading angle of the ball coming off the bat like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X