Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2022 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    lol, how does this king not have a thread yet

    #2
    I think because it's known he's a great player. We tend to start performance threads for people who piss us off lol. (Or servers for that matter.) Was dabbling with starting a Chad Green thread about an hour ago.

    (Cortes and Holmes threads are an exception, but both of them are SURPRISE good performers to an extent.)
    Last edited by HelloNewman; 05-10-22, 11:41 PM.
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

    Comment


      #3
      I hope he gets traded.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Vin View Post
        I hope he gets traded.
        Good luck with that.

        I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

        Comment


          #5
          is the offer up to 8yrs/$240M yet?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
            is the offer up to 8yrs/$240M yet?
            Let him go around and see how many team would offer that to him first. He would be silly not to give the Yankees a chance to top the highest offer he could get outside.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by kan_t View Post

              Let him go around and see how many team would offer that to him first. He would be silly not to give the Yankees a chance to top the highest offer he could get outside.
              If he keeps this up he’ll get close to 300m from the Angels to look over at Trout.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Portbb View Post

                If he keeps this up he’ll get close to 300m from the Angels to look over at Trout.
                If his market value is 300m, then Hal and Cashman need to accept the reality of the cost of keeping the top tier player.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by kan_t View Post

                  Let him go around and see how many team would offer that to him first. He would be silly not to give the Yankees a chance to top the highest offer he could get outside.
                  That's some scary business though, what if he gets some ridiculous offer from the Mets? I don't want to lose him him because the chances of them replacing him with someone as good or better is slim to none.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeter98 View Post

                    That's some scary business though, what if he gets some ridiculous offer from the Mets? I don't want to lose him him because the chances of them replacing him with someone as good or better is slim to none.
                    Steve Cohen has already said he won’t do that. His offers would come from either LA team or a surprise team like the Correa contract.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by kan_t View Post

                      Let him go around and see how many team would offer that to him first. He would be silly not to give the Yankees a chance to top the highest offer he could get outside.
                      IMO it would be even sillier to let Aaron hit the open market, given his importance to the organization. It's not about possibly losing him. To me it just sends the wrong message: "Yeah see what you can get in the market and (maybe) we'll match it."

                      Does this sound like "We want to keep Aaron in pinstripes for life"?

                      They won't say "definitely" - they'll say "maybe"

                      I think both sides need to put kid gloves on in order for this to work out with everyone smiling.

                      In the meantime, I think Aaron is projected to hit over 50 HRs. He's also increasing his value by playing an avg-to-above avg CFer as well as an extraordinary RFer.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

                        IMO it would be even sillier to let Aaron hit the open market, given his importance to the organization. It's not about possibly losing him. To me it just sends the wrong message: "Yeah see what you can get in the market and (maybe) we'll match it."

                        Does this sound like "We want to keep Aaron in pinstripes for life"?

                        They won't say "definitely" - they'll say "maybe"

                        I think both sides need to put kid gloves on in order for this to work out with everyone smiling.

                        In the meantime, I think Aaron is projected to hit over 50 HRs. He's also increasing his value by playing an avg-to-above avg CFer as well as an extraordinary RFer.
                        You missed the first part which they offered him 213m for 7 years extension. Judge wanted 9 years extension with AAV over 30.5m. It's not like the Yankees didn't try. And after Judge turned it down what the Yankees could do? You want them to bid against themselves in the coming off-season?

                        Sure it's a 'maybe'. It's business. If someone offers him 10 years 400m would you want the Yankees to top that?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jeter98 View Post

                          That's some scary business though, what if he gets some ridiculous offer from the Mets? I don't want to lose him him because the chances of them replacing him with someone as good or better is slim to none.
                          Jon Heyman has reported that Cohen wouldn't go after Judge as Cohen was telling folks that the Yankees offer was fair. Also Hal was Cohen's early consistent supporter in Cohen's bid on buying the Mets. So the belief is that Cohen wouldn't do that to Hal.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kan_t View Post

                            You missed the first part which they offered him 213m for 7 years extension. Judge wanted 9 years extension with AAV over 30.5m. It's not like the Yankees didn't try. And after Judge turned it down what the Yankees could do? You want them to bid against themselves in the coming off-season?

                            Sure it's a 'maybe'. It's business. If someone offers him 10 years 400m would you want the Yankees to top that?
                            I didnt miss any of the negotiations, and I agree totally that the Yanks made a strong and reasonable offer. In fact my first reaction was that Judge making the wrong decision, turning it down. And he still might be. I guess I'm just commenting on him doing a good job of increasing his own value to the Yankees.

                            In the end I just hope the bottom line is no longer than 8 years (1 more than I wanted to give him) and I guess somewhere around $250K-$275K?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I wonder if both sides would agree to 7/280? I think Aaron would take that. Probably the only way to keep the years at 7 and have him resign.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X