The DFA Albert Abreu thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DFA Albert Abreu thread

So glad Ron Marinaccio languishes in Triple A so this bag of hot garbage can come in and blow up games. Cashman outsmarts the world again! Wile E. Cashman, baseball geeeeeenius!
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

I thought teams do housecleaning too, at trade deadline.
    Please. DFA this guy. I'll contribute to a fund, if that is what it will take to DFA him.

Comment

It is so absurd watching Abreu blow up the game just because he has option when there are better choices at Scranton.
      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Ya see, Cashman loved Abreu. It killed him that he traded for his first string catcher that pretty much will not play this year to be his catcher this year and had to scramble to get a catcher 15 minutes before the season started. He had to give away his prize RP possession to make that happen. I'm sure Brian was distraught.

Then when two terrible teams had no use for Abreu, our Cashman pounced and brought him back into the fold. You see Abreu has that "something" that Brian Cashman is the only one who sees. So here Abreu is and Boone's job is to go out in front of the microphones and make something up to spin Abreu's most recent failure into a positive.

A lot of you don't really "get" just how much smarter than everyone else Cashman is.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
          It is so absurd watching Abreu blow up the game just because he has option when there are better choices at Scranton.
          But what if they dumped Abreu and he was picked up by another team that fixed him. That would make Cashman look bad. We can't have that happen. Cashman looking good is much more important than winning games.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
            Ya see, Cashman loved Abreu. It killed him that he traded for his first string catcher that pretty much will not play this year to be his catcher this year and had to scramble to get a catcher 15 minutes before the season started. He had to give away his prize RP possession to make that happen. I'm sure Brian was distraught.

Then when two terrible teams had no use for Abreu, our Cashman pounced and brought him back into the fold. You see Abreu has that "something" that Brian Cashman is the only one who sees. So here Abreu is and Boone's job is to go out in front of the microphones and make something up to spin Abreu's most recent failure into a positive.

A lot of you don't really "get" just how much smarter than everyone else Cashman is.
            😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

But what if they dumped Abreu and he was picked up by another team that fixed him. That would make Cashman look bad. We can't have that happen. Cashman looking good is much more important than winning games.
              Abreu has an easy motion and consistently hits upper 90s or 100 on his fastball. I’m all for retaining him and trying to fix his location and other pitches, just don’t do it in a close or meaningful game. There are plenty of those where he can experiment in since he can’t be sent to the minors.
              Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post

Abreu has an easy motion and consistently hits upper 90s or 100 on his fastball. I’m all for retaining him and trying to fix his location and other pitches, just don’t do it in a close or meaningful game. There are plenty of those where he can experiment in since he can’t be sent to the minors.
                One wonders how many other teams would have sent Marinaccio down to keep Abreu.

Comment

We know one that would and two that wouldn't.

Comment

Maybe none, but that aside Boone had better options than Abreu in that situation.
                    Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post

Maybe none, but that aside Boone had better options than Abreu in that situation.
                      Well our "puppet" manager has never shown any real feel for the game. If he did he would have known 100% that Abreu was the worst guy to use in that situation.

Comment

😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆
                        How do you get to use Emoji's ?

More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

How do you get to use Emoji's ?
                          For some reason when I type in "haha" sometimes an Enoji comes up on my phone.

Comment

On the bright side, Albert didn't blow last night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                              On the bright side, Albert didn't blow last night's game.
                              Maybe I should have started a DFA Clay Holmes thread.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Working...
                              X