Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season Ticket Holders - will you be renewing for 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Ticket Holders - will you be renewing for 2022?

I am a full season ticket holder now and thinking of reducing to the 9 game value plan for 2022. Who has done this in past years? What are the positives and negatives?

I have a Sunday Plan with the Yankees and a Saturday Plan with the Mets. {I am a Yankee Fan}. The mets treats their Season ticket fans 10 times better than the Yankees treat their Fans. Having a ticket Plan with the Mets is Great. Lots of Perks and I do save Money.. The Mets gives unlimited exchanges in price ranges and I can combine games to take more friends to games. In 2022, I will keep my Met Plan and give up my Yankees Plan. I will buy Yankees tickets in 2022 for half price on Stub Hub.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeSTH View Post
      I am a full season ticket holder now and thinking of reducing to the 9 game value plan for 2022. Who has done this in past years? What are the positives and negatives?
      I probably will. 16-game Friday plan here.

IIRC, the 9-game value plan removes you from certain "benefits" of being a partial plan holder. I believe you lose access to the regular and post-season pre-sales, to start.

But given that the pre-sales (unless you win the pre-pre sale lottery), are now worthless, I can't put a value on what the loss of that benefit really is... since it's no longer a benefit.

If it's worth anything, I did share my frustration with the dynamic pricing on the post-season tickets during the pre-sale with my rep during a phone call earlier this season. Of course, he doesn't set policy, but said they're always looking for ways to improve things... I just laughed to myself. I told him I don't see value in buying post-season tickets at those prices, and won't in the future...

Comment

In the past full season holders got extra perks like coupons for seat upgrades and free yearbooks. Apparently according to the rep I spoke to at the legacy office they can't be bothered to offer those perks to us for this season. The customer service by this team just gets worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
          In the past full season holders got extra perks like coupons for seat upgrades and free yearbooks. Apparently according to the rep I spoke to at the legacy office they can't be bothered to offer those perks to us for this season. The customer service by this team just gets worse and worse.
          So do you think that the Yankees are like the Big-Three US Auto-makers circa 1973? They are in a malaise period?

As someone else posted, the Mets are lightyears ahead of the Yankees in treatment of their fulls / partials. I only have a 20-game plan with the Mets, but I do get:
          1. Invoiced for (at-least) a half-post-season strip. (I've gotten fulls in the past, with even the option to buy more... but not guaranteed...)
          2. Early entry lines on weekends
          3. Unused ticket exchanges (good for mid-week games through the end of August... can't use them in September, but I understand why that's an issue)
          4. Credit towards a suite, should I want one for a game.
          5. Free MLB.tv
          6. Pre-sale codes for non-baseball events (Dean & Company, for example)
          7. Team store discount
          8. Team store voucher
          9. Opening Day is included, not an add-on..

They make it very easy for me to renew. The Yankees?? Not so much..
          One of the reasons for having partials / fulls is the post season, and the whole dynamic pricing of post-season tickets just stinks of a money grab..

I did tell my rep I have no intention of paying for more tickets that I cannot use just so I can get invoiced playoff tickets...

Comment

The Mets treats their Season Ticket holders like Gold. The best part of the 20 Game plan is the almost unlimited Ticket Exchanges. I have two seats, I combine some games to 4 seats when needed or I easily can switch the game date. You can buy extra tickets at the season ticket price with No fees in my Mets account. Back in December the Mets giving away the 2020 bobble heads to season ticket holders at a drive though at Citifield. The owner of the Mets greeted me at and thank me for being a Met Fan. (I am a Yankees Fan). The Mets are very good to their Fans. Two weeks ago before the Phillies game the Mets invited Season ticket holders for a get together in a Suite with food. My Rep gave me Two Gold Bobbleheads ( DeGrom and Alonso}.
            CitiField.
            $ 25 to Park
            Fast lines to get into the Stadium.
            More food Choices, shorter lines.

2022, I will only buy Yankees tickets on StubHub. { Goodbye Sunday Plan }
            I will renew my Mets Tickets

Comment

I believe the Yankees 9 game plan will continue my seniority as a season ticket holder and IIRC fans posted in the past that they bought 1 seat in the 9 game plan for $90 and then were able to exchange them into a fewer games and get 2, 3 or 4 tickets to games they want to attend. I didn't think the 16 game plan gives you playoff pre-sales, if it does I might consider a Saturday 16 game plan but the playoff dynamic pricing may be worse than StubHub prices for early playoff rounds.

I have a 4 excellent seats in the grandstand I will be giving up so a bit sad about giving that up and will have to pay StubHub prices to go to the World Series whenever they next get there.

Comment

I have full season in the bleachers. The location is the ONLY reason I will consider keeping my seats. Even with that said, I will probably look for partner(s) to split them up. It’s hard to get back any money on stubhub and the people I usually sold tickets to for face value just aren’t interested in watching this team anymore.

Comment

As a 20 gamer I've gotten option for full PS strips at my price each year. This generally results in me going to a few PS games for free (since I can't make every game and have to sell some). That's the perk, a big one, but really the only one. Though if they continue the online ticket exchange portal I will be a very happy STH. Standing at the ticket window while the game I paid to go to is happening was never a good system.

My decision will be heavily tied to trades that are made in the coming weeks. If my perk is postseason pricing, I need to know how committed they are. Is the luxury tax going to stand in the way? Or will they improve the team for a potential run? Then again, if they avoid the luxury tax this year, don't they load up next year when the penalties are low? Idk, that's what the Dodgers did. Sounds like I'm talking myself into a yes.

For those who are willing to do the work - I have a 2 ticket plan, with that I have the opportunity to purchase 4 tickets to every premium game (except OD) at my price. In years past I've used that as a way to net against my cost, buying all Mets tickets and any Red Sox Friday/Saturday ones to sell. It's not a huge markup, but I've cut my cost substantially in the past with this method. This odd 2021 season I obviously haven't tried this, would have been throwing money away.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                    My rep told me these extra perks were removed since they came with the delivery of the printed ticket book and that was eliminated this season and probably forever. As a comparison, American Express platinum card benefits were heavily travel related and became worth less due to the pandemic so they added many other benefits to maintain the value of keeping the card, paying the annual fee, and to keep their customers whole and loyal. I understand the Yankees could not give us coupons for premium seat upgrades when they were at 10% limited capacity but they gave us nothing to make up for the multiple lost perks. There are only 2 months remaining for them to provide extra perks to season ticket holders before renewals will be due, will the Yankees do something now to show STHs their appreciation?

Comment

This is my first season being a full season ticketholder. I’m going to do a lot of thinking before deciding to renew. I despise this whole mobile ticketing thing.

I’m going to demand my rep put me into a lower row in the grandstand. I understand it’s hard to give the perks this year but they better give some steep discounts for next season.

Comment

I believe the Yankees 9 game plan will continue my seniority as a season ticket holder and IIRC fans posted in the past that they bought 1 seat in the 9 game plan for $90 and then were able to exchange them into a fewer games and get 2, 3 or 4 tickets to games they want to attend. I didn't think the 16 game plan gives you playoff pre-sales, if it does I might consider a Saturday 16 game plan but the playoff dynamic pricing may be worse than StubHub prices for early playoff rounds.

I have a 4 excellent seats in the grandstand I will be giving up so a bit sad about giving that up and will have to pay StubHub prices to go to the World Series whenever they next get there.
                        I was able to keep my seniority with the 9 game plan for a couple seasons. After the first year or two I had no perks though as far as postseason goes other than the presale where they jacked up the prices. The games were also weekday afternoons too.

Comment

My rep told me these extra perks were removed since they came with the delivery of the printed ticket book and that was eliminated this season and probably forever. As a comparison, American Express platinum card benefits were heavily travel related and became worth less due to the pandemic so they added many other benefits to maintain the value of keeping the card, paying the annual fee, and to keep their customers whole and loyal. I understand the Yankees could not give us coupons for premium seat upgrades when they were at 10% limited capacity but they gave us nothing to make up for the multiple lost perks. There are only 2 months remaining for them to provide extra perks to season ticket holders before renewals will be due, will the Yankees do something now to show STHs their appreciation?
                          They could have just put those coupons in an envelope and mailed them out.

Comment

I cry bulls---.

The Mets load up your ballpark app with the coupons, or make vouchers available in your on-line ticket-management account. There are probably other ways, too. They are refusing to do so, using technology as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees51 View Post
                              This is my first season being a full season ticketholder. I’m going to do a lot of thinking before deciding to renew. I despise this whole mobile ticketing thing.

I’m going to demand my rep put me into a lower row in the grandstand. I understand it’s hard to give the perks this year but they better give some steep discounts for next season.
                              I am not a fan of the mobile ticket. I like hard ticket stock. The cell phone has become the tool of the devil (like the metric system), and this is one more way for your life habits to be tracked..

Aside from the tracking thing, hard tickets make for awesome keepsakes... Been at a special game? In the past, you had your stub. Now what do you have? Maybe a screenshot? It's just not the same. I may be in the minority, but I am sure I am not alone...

Comment

Working...
                              X