No announcement yet.

TV and Radio Coverage 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Javier Bardem is filling in for Sterling.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
      Did anyone listen to Ricky Ricardo do the game on radio last night? I'd love to read your review.
      I listened to him for nearly 90 minutes this evening.

Eh.
      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
        Did anyone listen to Ricky Ricardo do the game on radio last night? I'd love to read your review.
        Small sample size and all. Listened to a few innings of Ricardo and Justin Shackil the last couple of games.

My take: Ricky is good, but he entertains Suzyn too much and is strictly play by play. In what I listened too, Suzyn was still talking about what kind of pitch was thrown, and that would lead to her doing the Suzyn ramble. Ricky and Suzyn were also more likely to talk about things other than the game. Could be because they know eachother better than Justin and Suzyn do….

Justin could carry the game by himself, doing somemof the analyst side and play by play. He didn’t really leave much for Suzyn. I commented in another thread that he barely acknowledged her at times. Honestly, it was a much more enjoyable broadcast.

Again, thats just what I heard which wasn’t really too much…definitely prefer Justin over Ricky but both are better than Sterling.
        Last edited by CalYankeeFan; 06-22-22, 11:36 PM.
        If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

His wife Lucy tried to sneak into the broadcast booth to go on the air but mean ol' Ricky crushed her dreams of being a sports broadcaster.
          Word is she dressed up like Suzyn Waldman, but gave herself away when she used Vitameatavegamin as the lead-in to the injury report.
          If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

I tried on Monday but the radio audio is about 10 seconds ahead of the Yes broadcast.
            In the past I've been able to get them to synch up by pausing the audio for those 10 seconds. It works!
            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

Small sample size and all. Listened to a few innings of Ricardo and Justin Shackil the last couple of games.

My take: Ricky is good, but he entertains Suzyn too much and is strictly play by play. In what I listened too, Suzyn was still talking about what kind of pitch was thrown, and that would lead to her doing the Suzyn ramble. Ricky and Suzyn were also more likely to talk about things other than the game. Could be because they know eachother better than Justin and Suzyn do….

Justin could carry the game by himself, doing somemof the analyst side and play by play. He didn’t really leave much for Suzyn. I commented in another thread that he barely acknowledged her at times. Honestly, it was a much more enjoyable broadcast.

Again, thats just what I heard which wasn’t really too much…definitely prefer Justin over Ricky but both are better than Sterling.
              Good take on Ricky. He tries to be similar to Sterling, same kind of inflections, a bit of the same shtick on big plays. He's not terrible. The issues is Suzyn. She just goes on and on saying the same thing and she gets in the way of the play by play for no reason. She tries to explain the play and just can't. Ricky gets caught up in her and ends up stepping on her (because he needs to). Sterling seems to be so used to her that he just saves the play by play for after the fact when she winds down.

I think it's great that Justin just did his own thing. I wish I heard a bit of him. Of course, he probably knocked himself out of the running for any long term gig since the idiots in charge of Yankee broadcasting go for, well, the wrong type of broadcast.
              Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Working...
              X