• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun with John and Suzyn 2020 edition

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
    She tried it at the beginning. It was painful...."LINE SHAWWWT!"

It would probably be worse now...
    I don’t recall ever hearing her do play by play. I guess her voice doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. To be honest I like listening to her more than John when I listen to games on the radio. Her stories are far more interesting. As crazy as that sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman23 View Post
      I donít recall ever hearing her do play by play. I guess her voice doesnít bother me as much as it does others. To be honest I like listening to her more than John when I listen to games on the radio. Her stories are far more interesting. As crazy as that sounds.
      If you had, you would not forget it.
      "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman23 View Post
        I mean why doesn't Suzyn do the play by play? Hasn't she earned the opportunity?
        Oh. You mean like now? I thought you meant when Sterling is there.

Comment

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/john-sterling-rescue-flood-waters-1.50350917

John Sterling was able to joke about the experience less than 24 hours later, but at the time late Wednesday night there was nothing funny about an ordeal amid the remnants of Hurricane Ida that he called "harrowing."

It included a stalled car on a flooded road in New Jersey, and a rescue orchestrated by two of his Yankees radio colleagues — Suzyn Waldman and Rickie Ricardo.

Sterling told Newsday on Thursday that as he drove home to Edgewater, N.J., from Yankee Stadium after calling the Yankees’ 4-1 victory over the Angels in Anaheim off a monitor, he "saw a lot of stranded cars, and I really got scared and thought, ‘Whoa, what if that happens to me?’"

When he got within a half-mile of his home, his car shorted out in the rising waters and he could not restart it.

[more...]
          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Anybody have a link to Sterling's call of Stanton's slam?
            Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
              Anybody have a link to Sterling's call of Stanton's slam?
              https://twitter.com/JSterlingCalls/s...06470073745411

Comment

Thanks, False. Loads of fun watching and listening to that.
                Let the kids play.

Comment

Working...
                X