Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    Not trying to be one of those toldyaso or anything, but out of curiosity was the family who organised that event also the type to not take the virus seriously as well? Having an event of over 30 people sounds like a bad idea in general, but especially now that it was determined there was a carrier hopefully every participant got tested regardless of symptoms.

PS, you seem like the type that is well prevented, but if you don't already, having a bottle of hand sanitizer at the doorway helps too. In Japan practically every store has a bottle at the entrance available to customers when they enter.
    Trust me, you’re not being a “told-you-so,” well, at least not the only one. We ALL had been telling them, and even banned them from visiting us or our families (including my cousin’s own mom), because they were not taking it serious. I have sanitizer everywhere in my house, and a bottle in each car. And a small one I keep in my pocket, in case I accidentally touch something I really shouldn’t have. Stores here also have sanitizer at entrances, and usually a few other places around the store. I live alone and don’t have many visitors at my house... maybe 4 people since march, not counting delivery drivers.

Comment

Does anyone know of anywhere in upstate NY that does saliva testing? I have a cough and sore throat (doubt I have it) and need to get tested for work.

The issue is I cannot get the nasal swab test due to a medical condition. So does anyone know anywhere that does it?

Both the Monroe County Health Department and the State Hotline were useless.
      Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
      Well....I am a total bacon whore...
      :thatsodd: <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post
        Does anyone know of anywhere in upstate NY that does saliva testing? I have a cough and sore throat (doubt I have it) and need to get tested for work.

The issue is I cannot get the nasal swab test due to a medical condition. So does anyone know anywhere that does it?

You can find a private lab to do it, but it will cost you. Probably between $150-$300 although some may offer it for free

Just call LabCorp, Qwest DIagnostics, etc.. and they will tell you what tests they can offer you and the location of the nearest intake facility

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post

Have you checked urgent cares nearby? I know in Phoenix some of them are doing saliva testing.

Comment

The update is it’s now 12 infected, including the mother-to-be.
            Stay home.
            Wear a mask if you can’t stay home.

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
            So my cousin’s family went to a baby shower of 30 people. At least five people came out with COVID, including my cousin, her adult daughter, her cousin (not related to me), and her cousin's adult son. They suspect my cousin’s daughter was the original carrier. My cousin and her daughter were just not taking it seriously, partying at bars, going out, etc. They said we were just paranoid and alarmists when we wouldn’t go with them. My cousin is obese, diabetic, and probably has high BP as well, and is in her mid-50s. She’s been sick for over a week, with no improvement (but not worse either). We’ll see how this all plays out. Her cousin’s adult daughter was just at my house a few weeks ago, but apparently it was before that spreader-event. Maybe their family will take it more seriously now. And maybe I need to be a little more careful myself from now on. I've gotten a little complacent (Although I wear a mask every time I leave the house, and take my temp every time I leave the house). Crazy.

Comment

Supposedly an urgent care around here does offer the saliva test. Just emailed my doctor to see if he can order it.
              Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
              Well....I am a total bacon whore...
              :thatsodd: <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Stay home.
                I'm so sorry your family is dealing with this.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

AZ has surpassed 100k cases.

I hate this state.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Stay home.
                    I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully that number doesn't climb much higher and the 12 currently infected have a speedy recovery.

But I'm reminded of the old Mythbusters episode on transmitting germs at a dinner party. 5 Minutes long but worth a watch in these times if you haven't seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wPKBpk7wUY
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Just had my nasal swab done after a week vacation in NC w/ in-laws (who were all tested beforehand and were negative) - Was very cautious along the way but have felt under the weather last few days (sore throat, very fatigued, GI issues) - Hoping it's just "vacation hangover". Either way, that nasal swab is not fun, felt like they touched the back of my eyeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
                        Just had my nasal swab done after a week vacation in NC w/ in-laws (who were all tested beforehand and were negative) - Was very cautious along the way but have felt under the weather last few days (sore throat, very fatigued, GI issues) - Hoping it's just "vacation hangover". Either way, that nasal swab is not fun, felt like they touched the back of my eyeballs.
                        I've had it done twice. Not fun
                        Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
                        2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

Comment

Well, the dark bright spot is that New Jersey has been firmly booted out of the #2 rank for total cases by California, Texas and Florida. All the way down to #5. New York still has a solid lead, but it may not last at the rate things are going in some of these southern/western states.

Arizona may knock NJ out of the top five in about three weeks at current rates.
                          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

So thankful to live in a blue state (Connecticut). Despite the fact we are one of only two states with decreasing cases (as of today we have just 69 in the hospital), our governor decided to hold off phase three which was next week. He said he was doing so out of caution because of the other states going up.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                              So thankful to live in a blue state (Connecticut). Despite the fact we are one of only two states with decreasing cases (as of today we have just 69 in the hospital), our governor decided to hold off phase three which was next week. He said he was doing so out of caution because of the other states going up.
                              You mean he learned through the failure of others. What a novel concept.
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                                You mean he learned through the failure of others. What a novel concept.
                                Imagine if we had a strong national effort from the start!

Comment

Working...
                                X