X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maynerd
    replied
    Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

I’m pretty sure there has never been a Nobel Prize winner named Jumbo.
    Clearly, the Nobel Committee has an anti-Jumbo discriminatory bias. We should render the award to meaninglessness.

Leave a comment:

• trapper700
    replied
    Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'm curious what you think about the article I posted just above your (this) comment.
    I actually don't mind paying people to get vaccinated. Any additional vaccinations would help because it would mean less unvaccinated people taking up resources in the hospitals. I think it should have been done federally at the beginning of the pandemic and the amount paid could have decreased the longer someone waits past their eligibility date. Unfortunately, there's too much misinformation out there and people are either extremely selfish, extremely ignorant, or likely both. I agree that it is a moral and civic obligation to get vaccinated.

That said, vaccination as a lone strategy was never going to be enough and it makes me sad that everything we see today in the media and said by the government are just rationalizations and excuses to not do anything.
    • It can't happen here in the USA, it's gonna stay in China
    • It's just the flu, bro
    • We're already near/at herd immunity
    • It's endemic
    • We just have to learn to live with it
    • It's mild (another way to say it's just the flu)
    These all mean the same thing: Let's all get back to the same lifestyle we had in 2019 and ignore the pandemic without needing to do anything else

Leave a comment:

• JL25and3
    replied
    Originally posted by Soriambi View Post

To be clear I don't really recall anything about Jumbo Elliott's mental aptitude but I make many unfair assumptions about an offensive tackle named Jumbo.
    I’m pretty sure there has never been a Nobel Prize winner named Jumbo.

Leave a comment:

• ojo
    replied
    Originally posted by False1 View Post

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• False1
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://cbs12.com/amp/news/local/new...rent-countries new variant of covid discovered in 40 countries.
    Code:

Leave a comment:

• ojo
    replied
    The fact people either working at or affiliated with the CDC went on their own personal tirades in the media after having their opinions rebuffed on say, boosters smacks of a major violation in the chain of command.

I read the article you linked to at the bottom of the previous page, but I sort of resented the conscientious objector comparison because the vast majority of anti-vaxxers' fervor is not based on their conscience. They're caught in a filter bubble that causes intellectual isolation, period. Maybe conscientious objectors to Vietnam were also caught in a filter bubble. There's likely some truth to that.

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Originally posted by trapper700 View Post
    My hospital system is incredibly overwhelmed right now from COVID cases. More than half of hospitalizations and deaths are among fully vaccinated (probably about 55-60%), which is probably due to the fact that the county is like 87% fully vaccinated.

The problem is that because the CDC doesn't want to update the definition of "fully vaccinated" to include a booster shot, a lot of the people who are getting sick enough to be hospitalized and/or die are elderly who haven't had any boosters since their second dose a year ago. They probably don't want to update the definition because if they change it, it makes the US seem even more sad than it already is - making the "fully vaccinated" population only about 37% nationwide.
    That sucks, trapper. It's all such crap.

I'm curious what you think about the article I posted just above your (this) comment.

Leave a comment:

• YankeePride1967
    replied
    https://cbs12.com/amp/news/local/new...rent-countries

new variant of covid discovered in 40 countries.

Leave a comment:

• trapper700
    replied
    My hospital system is incredibly overwhelmed right now from COVID cases. More than half of hospitalizations and deaths are among fully vaccinated (probably about 55-60%), which is probably due to the fact that the county is like 87% fully vaccinated.

The problem is that because the CDC doesn't want to update the definition of "fully vaccinated" to include a booster shot, a lot of the people who are getting sick enough to be hospitalized and/or die are elderly who haven't had any boosters since their second dose a year ago. They probably don't want to update the definition because if they change it, it makes the US seem even more sad than it already is - making the "fully vaccinated" population only about 37% nationwide.

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES. Read this. It's a short article, but a really good one. I couldn't agree more.

The unvaccinated should, in the interests of fairness, take on a financial burden as a moral equivalent to vaccination; an “alternative service” option much like those who have in our nation’s history sought exemptions to military service through conscientious objection.

Leave a comment:

• Soriambi
    replied
    Originally posted by Soriambi View Post

Wait, JUMBO ELLIOTT is on the correct side of this issue? Would not have predicted that.
    To be clear I don't really recall anything about Jumbo Elliott's mental aptitude but I make many unfair assumptions about an offensive tackle named Jumbo.

Leave a comment:

• Soriambi
    replied
    Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

As Jumbo Elliott said on Twitter. Great QB. Also an idiot
    Wait, JUMBO ELLIOTT is on the correct side of this issue? Would not have predicted that.

Leave a comment:

• fredgmuggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I’m kind of the same. But I just couldn’t root for Rodgers and was glad to see him come up small. He’s a fantastic QB and deserving 1st ballot hall of fame inductee, but he also not a big game QB and a first class D-bag as a human being.

as for not big game that was at least the 4th time he’s lost as a home favorite in the playoff that I can recall off the top of my head. Giants, 49ers twice, Bucs.
    As Jumbo Elliott said on Twitter. Great QB. Also an idiot

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by False1 View Post
    I can't stand the Niners, and I actually have some rooting interest in the Packers via extended family plus they're just generally a more exciting team to watch... but Twitter was gold after that game.
    I’m kind of the same. But I just couldn’t root for Rodgers and was glad to see him come up small. He’s a fantastic QB and deserving 1st ballot hall of fame inductee, but he also not a big game QB and a first class D-bag as a human being.

as for not big game that was at least the 4th time he’s lost as a home favorite in the playoff that I can recall off the top of my head. Giants, 49ers twice, Bucs.

Leave a comment:

• ojo
    replied
    Yep. Aaron Shrugged.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X