Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Some people have shown extraordinary creativity when it comes to the design and fabrication of masks and are to be applauded.

"Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

holy cow
      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
        Some people have shown extraordinary creativity when it comes to the design and fabrication of masks and are to be applauded.

I hope that wasn't a used pair, both for his sake and for everyone in public that has to look at him.
        Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
          I'm constantly in a state of despair about the scale of this national tragedy. It never, ever had to be this bad. We shouldn't have lost over 200,000 lives. It torments me.
          Yeah, but as he said last night, Trump brought back football so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
            Yeah, but as he said last night, Trump brought back football so it's all good.
            Football sucks, though. That's another point against him. :lol:
            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

I don't post in these threads, but this is baseball related. The celebration outside the stadium in Atlanta was just absurd. Not a mask in sight.

Comment

My hometown, and the town my mom still works in, has had the test positivity rate shoot up to 27%. That's almost impressive in its own way.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                  My hometown, and the town my mom still works in, has had the test positivity rate shoot up to 27%. That's almost impressive in its own way.
                  That may have to do with this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndemic/616548/

But there is a potential, overlooked way of understanding this pandemic that would help answer these questions, reshuffle many of the current heated arguments, and, crucially, help us get the spread of COVID-19 under control.

By now many people have heard about R0—the basic reproductive number of a pathogen, a measure of its contagiousness on average. But unless you’ve been reading scientific journals, you’re less likely to have encountered k, the measure of its dispersion. The definition of k is a mouthful, but it’s simply a way of asking whether a virus spreads in a steady manner or in big bursts, whereby one person infects many, all at once. After nine months of collecting epidemiological data, we know that this is an overdispersed pathogen, meaning that it tends to spread in clusters, but this knowledge has not yet fully entered our way of thinking about the pandemic—or our preventive practices.

There are COVID-19 incidents in which a single person likely infected 80 percent or more of the people in the room in just a few hours. But, at other times, COVID-19 can be surprisingly much less contagious. Overdispersion and super-spreading of this virus are found in research across the globe. A growing number of studies estimate that a majority of infected people may not infect a single other person. A recent paper found that in Hong Kong, which had extensive testing and contact tracing, about 19 percent of cases were responsible for 80 percent of transmission, while 69 percent of cases did not infect another person. This finding is not rare: Multiple studies from the beginning have suggested that as few as 10 to 20 percent of infected people may be responsible for as much as 80 to 90 percent of transmission, and that many people barely transmit it.

Comment

Comment

Need another test, but good news...

Joe Biden
                      25m ·
                      X
                      I’m happy to report that Jill and I have tested negative for COVID. Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern. I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.
                      "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

President John Jenkins of Notre Dame just tested positive for COVID-19. Here he is at the ACB Rose Garden announcement last Saturday. Is this the Trump virus spreader nexus that will decimate the GOP?

Comment

Oh good, Barr was there.

Do your thing, Covie.

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                            Oh good, Barr was there.

Do your thing, Covie.
                            Already tested negative (for now)

Comment

I just saw a meme with a hugely enlarged photo of SARS-CoV-2 superimposed with the words "Here I Am. Rock You Like A Herman Cain."

I'm... deceased. But not from COVID.
                              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                                Oh good, Barr was there.

Do your thing, Covie.
                                Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                                I just saw a meme with a hugely enlarged photo of SARS-CoV-2 superimposed with the words "Here I Am. Rock You Like A Herman Cain."

I'm... deceased. But not from COVID.
                                Stay classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X