Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

So crazy story. My brother came over for Christmas Eve and Christmas and he was a little sick, he said it was just a cold. We found out later it was Covid. We have a large family, so there were 8 of us in total. We all got tested twice over 2 weeks, and somehow none of us caught it. What makes it crazy is my dad gave him a ride to and from NYC without a mask, and he came back negative.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyankou View Post
      So crazy story. My brother came over for Christmas Eve and Christmas and he was a little sick, he said it was just a cold. We found out later it was Covid. We have a large family, so there were 8 of us in total. We all got tested twice over 2 weeks, and somehow none of us caught it. What makes it crazy is my dad gave him a ride to and from NYC without a mask, and he came back negative.
      Maybe he had it earlier in the year and this was a false positive?

Comment

Well this depressed me.

https://www.vox.com/22220301/covid-s...ign=vox.social

Still going to the grocery store? With new virus variants spreading, it’s probably time to stop.
        Health experts say you should avoid optional trips whenever you can. You probably need a better mask, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
          Why I have done curbside

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
            Why I have done curbside
            I try and go first thing in the morning hopefully after they've cleaned overnight and not had hundreds of people in and out all day.

Comment

Why I have done curbside

I love curbside and want to do it forever. Although I would like to be able to run in and pick up the random item without fearing for my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                I love curbside and want to do it forever. Although I would like to be able to run in and pick up the random item without fearing for my life.
                Agreed. I just can’t take the chance. One issue with curbside also has a they don’t offer every product. But I do almost eliminate the Covid risk

Comment

I haven't heard anything about widespread influenzas outbreaks this winter. Are social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing and other covid safety protocols keeping flu infection rates down this year?
                  You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                    I haven't heard anything about widespread influenzas outbreaks this winter. Are social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing and other covid safety protocols keeping flu infection rates down this year?
                    That is the theory. Too bad we won't learn anything from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                      That is the theory. Too bad we won't learn anything from it.
                      My wife is a hair stylist, and, well, she deals with people a foot away from her on a daily basis. But fortunately with the safety protocols she has remained healthy. Also this is anecdotal, she has commented how she hasn't had so much as a sniffle this year.
                      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Why I have done curbside
                        Curbside is my favorite. Idk if I’ll ever go back to normal grocery shopping again.

Comment

I go to a local farmers market, and I get weekly deliveries from Blue Apron. But when I need to go to the supermarket, I go to the supermarket.
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Ditto. I just checked the health dept website and we’ve only had 692 confirmed cases in AZ this flu season so far.

I will say I did take care of a patient that tested positive for both covid and influenza A. That was....not a good shift.

Comment

The New York State Dept of Health publishes weekly reports during flu season. They get emailed to me and I usually don't look at them, but last week I had the same thought you did. I was struck by one chart which shows weekly positive tests are WAY down compared to the previous 3 years.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
                                Curbside is my favorite. Idk if I’ll ever go back to normal grocery shopping again.
                                Same.

Comment

Working...
                                X