Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

A friend just text me that he received his second covid shot today. I replied, "Congrats. You'll be able to eat bat soup again".

He had no idea what I was talking about.
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
      Maybe he had it earlier in the year and this was a false positive?
      No very unlikely, he had a rapid test come back positive and he got the PCR test and that also came back positive. Also, I thought about the possibility that some of us in the house had it earlier in the year but three of us had antibody tests and they all came back negative.

We have O+ blood though and studies show that could fight it off.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
        I haven't heard anything about widespread influenzas outbreaks this winter. Are social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing and other covid safety protocols keeping flu infection rates down this year?
        I think so. And I think there will be a spring/summer flu surge once things go back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
          A friend just text me that he received his second covid shot today. I replied, "Congrats. You'll be able to eat bat soup again".

He had no idea what I was talking about.
          :lol:

To be honest I breathed a slight sigh of relief when I got my first shot on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by CptCrunch View Post
            The New York State Dept of Health publishes weekly reports during flu season. They get emailed to me and I usually don't look at them, but last week I had the same thought you did. I was struck by one chart which shows weekly positive tests are WAY down compared to the previous 3 years.
            Good to see you here Andrew. I hope you’re doing well.
            Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

But they haven't closed malls or restaurants.
              Restaurants are supposed to be carry-out only (although my own little town is REALLY not enforcing it, which is frustrating). Outside dining isn't even allowed, but some restaurants are just leaving the tables outside, and after completely closing the check, saying "I can't control where people decide to sit and eat."

I agree that malls should totally be closed. They were originally closed, then opened back up, and never really closed again.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...eks-away%3Famp

This is huge for the many of us waiting. I think getting these two on the market will be the boost that transitions supply from rationed to widely available (not immediate, but once the supply chains of all four are going at full strength).

Comment

Originally posted by billyhoyle View Post

This is huge for the many of us waiting. I think getting these two on the market will be the boost that transitions supply from rationed to widely available (not immediate, but once the supply chains of all four are going at full strength).
                  God I hope so. Time is slipping away for 2021 to have any semblance of normalcy. They need to go from vaccinating 1M per week to 2M per day in the next month for there to be any chance of getting herd by Thanksgiving.

Comment

Astrazeneca and JJ are not using the mRNA approach in their shots but are the more traditional approach to vaccines, correct?
                    Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                      Astrazeneca and JJ are not using the mRNA approach in their shots but are the more traditional approach to vaccines, correct?
                      It’s not as novel a technology as mRNA, but I wouldn’t describe it as traditional. I don’t think many/if any vaccines on the market are adenovirus based.

Comment

I can't wait for the studies on kids to get done. I want my kids vaccinated. If they have trials near me, I'll enroll my kids. I will, of course, explain it to them and get their consent first. They're both smart enough to understand the importance.
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

ETA for me now is late February to early March

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                            ETA for me now is late February to early March
                            That's crazy to me.

Comment

I'm essential frontline with underlying condition. Live in NY work in CT. Can't schedule an appt in either state yet. We'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                                That's crazy to me.
                                RI is saying phase 1 will take "several months". Bye bye 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X