Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Actually based on my experience your arm won’t feel better five hours after the shot.

Painless shot, pretty decent arm pin after both shots.
    Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    :thatsodd: <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post
      Actually based on my experience your arm won’t feel better five hours after the shot.

I'll enjoy every second.
      "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
        Bingo!

I've been checking seven websites over a 30-mile radius three times a day since Tuesday night with zero appointments available.

Just booked a Rite-Aid 20 miles away for Jan 27.

What a relief! I'll feel even better when it's in my arm.
        Congrats! You are fortunate to be internet savvy enough to do this. We need to get all seniors the durk treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
          Congrats! You are fortunate to be internet savvy enough to do this. We need to get all seniors the durk treatment.
          True that. In PA, it's a non-trivial exercise. The state publishes a map, updated three times a week, showing where the vaccines are, but not where the available appointments are. So you have to click on all the nearby little green dots one-by-one and get the links to the providers, and then the procedure is different for each one. Eventually you end up with a checklist of links you can check a few times a day to see when new availabilities go up. The average senior doesn't stand a chance without help.

It's no surprise to me that PA is lagging almost all states in delivering vaccines to black and Latinx communities who are known to have limited internet resources.
          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post

My arm barely hurt at all either time. I had mild muscle pain for about a day. Nothing to write home about. :dunno:
            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/u...ronavirus.html

Surge of Student Suicides Pushes Las Vegas Schools to Reopen

The reminders of pandemic-driven suffering among students in Clark County, Nev., have come in droves.

Since schools shut their doors in March, an early-warning system that monitors students’ mental health episodes has sent more than 3,100 alerts to district officials, raising alarms about suicidal thoughts, possible self-harm or cries for care. By December, 18 students had taken their own lives.

The spate of student suicides in and around Las Vegas has pushed the Clark County district, the nation’s fifth largest, toward bringing students back as quickly as possible. This month, the school board gave the green light to phase in the return of some elementary school grades and groups of struggling students even as greater Las Vegas continues to post huge numbers of coronavirus cases and deaths.
              There just are no good answers. Because Drumpf didn't give a rat's ass.
              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...tm_term=Gordie

Merck is shutting down its covid vaccine development after disappointing trial results. That's a bummer. The more vaccines, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                  The more vaccines, the better.
                  The more safe and effective vaccines, the better. It sounds like Merck's attempt wasn't particularly effective. They're putting their research dollars toward treatments for those who have the disease, as more-or-less starting over on vaccine research is too little, too late. That's not necessarily a bad shifting of gears.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                  - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                    The more safe and effective vaccines, the better. It sounds like Merck's attempt wasn't particularly effective. They're putting their research dollars toward treatments for those who have the disease, as more-or-less starting over on vaccine research is too little, too late. That's not necessarily a bad shifting of gears.
                    I literally said that in the post. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                      I literally said that in the post. :lol:
                      I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just tying to emphasize that ineffectiveness as a discussion point for "the more, the better."

It'd be nice if one of the companies with an approved vaccine could/would contract with other pharmaceutical companies to expand the production capabilities.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                      - President Barack Obama

Comment

I think the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be a game changer. One is obvious, more vaccines available. Second is one shot vs two. We all know the issues with the shortage of vaccines but we also have a shortage of qualified people to administer them. Having to do one vs two is a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                          I think the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be a game changer. One is obvious, more vaccines available. Second is one shot vs two. We all know the issues with the shortage of vaccines but we also have a shortage of qualified people to administer them. Having to do one vs two is a huge deal.
                          I’ve spent the last few months trying to get on board to
                          Help administer vaccines in AZ and have not had success yet.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
                            Sounds like the entire process needs to be looked at.

Comment

Sounds like the entire process needs to be looked at.
                              Oh it most definitely does.

Comment

I didn't realize it was only one dose. That is a good thing. I saw a graphic today that said over 19M+ Americans had gotten one dose, but only 3+ million had gotten the second one. I'm hoping that's just because most first doses were administered in the last 3 weeks, but I fear some will just not go for the second dose. I feel so fortunate that I've already had both shots (Pfizer).

Originally posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
                                This state is full of idiots. (I'm not one of them, John.) I hope you can get registered to help soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X