Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_kdn8pdboibpqb2m6tv9q2btrh0pqckp0etruggjbvpr0bj8b, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /var/www/html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /var/www/html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Covid-19 - NYYFans.com Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Covid-19

    I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. I felt fine until right before I went to bed, and today I feel like I have a mild cold that you wouldn't even use a PTO day for.

    It astounds me that I've gotten both shots but other states are still on 65+ or even 75+. Could kill a whole lot of disabled and chronically ill people.

    Comment


      Re: Covid-19

      Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
      I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. I felt fine until right before I went to bed, and today I feel like I have a mild cold that you wouldn't even use a PTO day for.

      It astounds me that I've gotten both shots but other states are still on 65+ or even 75+. Could kill a whole lot of disabled and chronically ill people.
      In CT they just started 65-74. They said it will take at least a month. So for essential workers and folks like me with underlying conditions the current ETA is mid March. Not necessarily me but essential workers should have gone already.

      Comment


        Re: Covid-19

        Just scored an appt for my husband at the javits center this week. Woohoo!

        Comment


          Re: Covid-19

          Still at 75+ in MA. Only my mother-in-law has received the shot and both my Parents who traveled to Stamford from Long Island.
          http://vimel.ru/e6748

          Comment


            Re: Covid-19

            This is truly the dumbest system. Advantage to people that know how to score event tickets? Ridiculous.

            Comment


              Re: Covid-19

              Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
              This is truly the dumbest system. Advantage to people that know how to score event tickets? Ridiculous.
              It truly is.
              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

              Comment


                Re: Covid-19

                Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                This is truly the dumbest system. Advantage to people that know how to score event tickets? Ridiculous.
                I hadn't thought of it like that, but you're right.

                A good friend in Ohio had her boyfriend help her find spots for her parents. They both refreshed the search every hour overnight, setting alarms, then throughout the day the next day. Her mom has lupus, among multiple other chronic illnesses. Ironically they got one for her dad first, but couldn't give it to her mom. (He's a few years older but much healthier.) They'd lose it if they didn't take it for him. She found one for her mom in the evening on Friday, several hours after finding one for her dad. I think he's going today, and her mom has a Tuesday appointment. It shouldn't be this difficult. Not everyone can spend the time searching nonstop. Not everyone has the energy.

                It is complete BS.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                Comment


                  Re: Covid-19

                  Finally got an appointment for my 71 year old mother. We originally scored one a few days ago, but it was gone by the time my sister texted me back to give me missing info. My sisters and myself were supposed to keep trying every day, but I don't think they tried very hard. this morning, I was able to schedule one near her house (I live over two hours away) and called her to tell her. Whew, I am glad that is over. I wanted to schedule one for her significant other, since he lives in the same house, but he was a year or two too young. Hopefully my sisters (who live about 15 minutes from her) can make sure she actually goes to the appointment and doesn't forget.

                  Comment


                    Re: Covid-19

                    I have a friend who lives with his 87 year old dad. It's a chore to get him out of the house. He still hasn't had his first covid vaccine yet.
                    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

                    Comment


                      Re: Covid-19

                      Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                      It astounds me that I've gotten both shots but other states are still on 65+ or even 75+. Could kill a whole lot of disabled and chronically ill people.
                      Colorado has defined six phases for the vaccine rollout. But, nobody wants to be in Phase Five or Six, so they're numbered (really):
                      Phase 1A
                      Phase 1B1
                      Phase 1B2
                      Phase 1B3
                      Phase 2
                      Phase 3

                      "Don't worry, Sparky, you're in Phase 1; they'll get to you any day now, but after the other three sub-groups of Phase 1. But, rest assured, you're not in the 4th category."

                      We're currently in Phase 1B2, which is people over 65, and essential workers from certain hand-picked industries. Mrs Maynerd qualifies based on age, and got her first shot last week. I'm an essential worker, but I'm not in a politically-favorable industry, so I don't qualify. And I'm five months too young to qualify based on my age. Arbitrary lines, FTW.

                      It appears that I'll fall into Phase 1B3, unless they further discriminate between how 'essential' various jobs are. I'll certainly fall into Phase 2, for age purposes.

                      "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                      - President Barack Obama

                      Comment


                        Re: Covid-19

                        Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                        Colorado has defined six phases for the vaccine rollout. But, nobody wants to be in Phase Five or Six, so they're numbered (really):
                        Phase 1A
                        Phase 1B1
                        Phase 1B2
                        Phase 1B3
                        Phase 2
                        Phase 3

                        "Don't worry, Sparky, you're in Phase 1; they'll get to you any day now, but after the other three sub-groups of Phase 1. But, rest assured, you're not in the 4th category."

                        We're currently in Phase 1B2, which is people over 65, and essential workers from certain hand-picked industries. Mrs Maynerd qualifies based on age, and got her first shot last week. I'm an essential worker, but I'm not in a politically-favorable industry, so I don't qualify. And I'm five months too young to qualify based on my age. Arbitrary lines, FTW.

                        It appears that I'll fall into Phase 1B3, unless they further discriminate between how 'essential' various jobs are. I'll certainly fall into Phase 2, for age purposes.
                        They really should have just kept rolling out vaccination by age down to ~50. Don't see why they arbitrarily stopped at 65. There's no reason for a 30 year old teacher or grocery worker to be vaccinated before a 64 year old person. Even vaccinating every healthcare worker in the country before the elderly didn't make sense. Co-morbidities are also a minimal risk factor compared to age.

                        The worst rollout in the country was probably NJ, which opened up vaccination to half the state's population immediately and made it almost impossible for a senior without computer skills to get a vaccine.

                        In about a month though, the whole debate will be moot and the focus will become more about convincing people to take the vaccine.

                        Comment


                          Re: Covid-19

                          Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

                          It astounds me that I've gotten both shots but other states are still on 65+ or even 75+. Could kill a whole lot of disabled and chronically ill people.
                          CDC ranked RI in last place for vaccine distribution so far. It's been 2 months and it's still not open to people under 75. It doesn't help that RI has a large elderly population and the hospital groups are the state's largest employers, but still. It shouldn't be this hard to set up a state-wide program in a state that's only 30 miles wide. Also, our governor has checked out and is spending her time looking for places to live in DC since she's failed up again.

                          https://www.wpri.com/news/politics-g...ccine-rollout/

                          At last check Rhode Island ranked last in the nation among all 50 states for the share of the population that had been vaccinated. Roughly 80,000 doses sent to the state by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had not been administered as of Monday morning.

                          Comment


                            Re: Covid-19

                            Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                            This is truly the dumbest system. Advantage to people that know how to score event tickets? Ridiculous.
                            Yesterday I randomly fell into that “score event tickets” bucket when my sister ran out people to call on her waitlist. Seems more like a failure of the waitlist but better my arm than wasted.
                            Baseball is life;
                            the rest is just details.

                            Comment


                              Re: Covid-19

                              Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                              CDC ranked RI in last place for vaccine distribution so far. It's been 2 months and it's still not open to people under 75. It doesn't help that RI has a large elderly population and the hospital groups are the state's largest employers, but still. It shouldn't be this hard to set up a state-wide program in a state that's only 30 miles wide. Also, our governor has checked out and is spending her time looking for places to live in DC since she's failed up again.

                              https://www.wpri.com/news/politics-g...ccine-rollout/
                              I believe my state (CT) is ranked 4th best for vaccine roll-out and if my experience with friends and family is any indication it doesn't say very much for the states ranked below CT.
                              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

                              Comment


                                Re: Covid-19

                                Is it true that NJ is allowing younger cigeratte smokers to cut the line?
                                http://vimel.ru/e6748

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X