Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fitness should be more of a focus:

    @foundmyfitness
    -
    6m
    Two new studies suggest possible mechanisms why obesity increases severe COVID-19 risk. First, the majority of antibodies found in obese people infected with SARS-CoV2 were non-neutralizing autoimmune antibodies which could cause severe tissue damage.
    https://twitter.com/foundmyfitness/s...458293248?s=20

    @foundmyfitness
    ยท
    6m
    Second, the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects adipose tissue, increasing inflammation during COVID-19. Immune cells called macrophages in fat cells were infected with virus leading to immune hyperreactivity and excessive production of pro-inflammatory proteins.
    https://twitter.com/foundmyfitness/s...691475968?s=20
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

    Comment


      Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

      Or, and hear me out, maybe, just maybe, we care about the common good and realize the more hosts this virus finds, the more variants will come around with one eventually being deadlier or more dangerous for kids or who knows what.

      Believe me, if the only risk left was unvaxxed people got sick and died I wouldn't care at all.
      Indeed. Not exactly rocket science.
      Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
      who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
      'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

      Comment


        Undeniable

        https://twitter.com/politicoryan/sta...213346829?s=21

        Guess I missed my chance to point out that Ireland is insanely good at this, despite weak links from before.

        Comment


          Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
          That graph is powerful.


          "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
          - President Barack Obama

          Comment


            It’s almost like the higher percentage of people who are vaccinated, the lower the percentage of people who die from COVID. Who could possibly have predicted that?
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
              It’s almost like the higher percentage of people who are vaccinated, the lower the percentage of people who die from COVID. Who could possibly have predicted that?
              As if there's some sort of inverse correlation between the data sets? Unpossible.

              "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
              - President Barack Obama

              Comment


                The graph is powerful and also depressing. So many needless deaths, so much needless suffering.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                Comment


                  Well as predicted, a new variant is raging in South Africa that appears to be more resistant to the proteins in the vaccine. Dow dropped 800 points at opening and 8 countries have already blocked flights from Africa. Thanks to Fox News and anti-vaxxers enough people were susceptible to the spread giving the virus time to mutate again.

                  https://www.reuters.com/world/africa...source=twitter

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                    Well as predicted, a new variant is raging in South Africa that appears to be more resistant to the proteins in the vaccine. Dow dropped 800 points at opening and 8 countries have already blocked flights from Africa. Thanks to Fox News and anti-vaxxers enough people were susceptible to the spread giving the virus time to mutate again.

                    https://www.reuters.com/world/africa...source=twitter
                    The new variant originated in South Africa, where only 24% of the population is vaccinated. Sure, that's on Fox News all the way.
                    Polite Red Sox fan

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

                      The new variant originated in South Africa, where only 24% of the population is vaccinated. Sure, that's on Fox News all the way.
                      Also, the WHO might argue otherwise in terms of where to lay the blame.

                      https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/12/afric...ntl/index.html

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                        Well as predicted, a new variant is raging in South Africa that appears to be more resistant to the proteins in the vaccine. Dow dropped 800 points at opening and 8 countries have already blocked flights from Africa. Thanks to Fox News and anti-vaxxers enough people were susceptible to the spread giving the virus time to mutate again.

                        https://www.reuters.com/world/africa...source=twitter
                        They have blood on their hands and we (the richer countries) need to be getting more vaccines to the poorer countries. Fox News is to blame here largely but another problem is big pharma refusing to let their vaccine be produced overseas to get the world vaccinated. I read vaccines will be worthless soon anyway as the virus is allowed to mutate further

                        Comment


                          The new variant is in Israel as well as other countries other than South Africa, so you can bet that it’s here as well. Just a matter of time before it shows up in testing.
                          Let the kids play.

                          Comment


                            President imposes travel ban.

                            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ant/ar-AARb1Wn

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Bub View Post
                              The new variant is in Israel as well as other countries other than South Africa, so you can bet that it’s here as well. Just a matter of time before it shows up in testing.
                              https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...spike/3421297/

                              Comment


                                Last 7 days:

                                Highest rate of daily cases Michigan 85 per 100K
                                Lowest rate of daily cases Florida 6 per 100K

                                https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
                                Polite Red Sox fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X