No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still haven't had COVID (that I know of), but I just got a cold and the flu back to back in a 2 week period. Sucks...

Comment

I'm positively SHOCKED!

Between March 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic began, and December 2021, researchers said average excess death rates were 76% higher among Republicans than Democrats in the two states studied. But that gap increased to a 153% difference after April 2021, when all adults were eligible for COVID-19 vaccines in Florida and Ohio.
      A new study shows Republicans dying at a higher rate than Democrats from COVID-19 in Ohio and Florida. Researchers differ on whether vaccine hesitancy is largely responsible. A BYU professor says partisan differences over COVID-19 can have ‘life and death consequences.’
      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Marjorie Taylor Greene. @mtgreenee

So many people still wearing masks.

I just want to ask you.

If a pair of underwear, really thick ones, high quality cotton, can’t protect you from a fart, then how will a mask protect you from covid??
        Oy.
        Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

Oy.
          😂😭🤯☠
          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

Oy.
            A national embarrassment. My mask wearing days are hopefully over for now except in limited circumstances, but for the life of me I can't understand the compulsion to deride people who opt to wear them in a world where it is almost fully voluntary. I happen to think mask efficacy was strategically and alternatively at times undersold and oversold in terms of degree of protection, but regardless the insinuation of the analogy here would be disqualifying just in terms of the lack of brain cells required to produce it if she had any qualifications to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
              A national embarrassment. My mask wearing days are hopefully over for now except in limited circumstances, but for the life of me I can't understand the compulsion to deride people who opt to wear them in a world where it is almost fully voluntary. I happen to think mask efficacy was strategically and alternatively at times undersold and oversold in terms of degree of protection, but regardless the insinuation of the analogy here would be disqualifying just in terms of the lack of brain cells required to produce it if she had any qualifications to begin with.
              I'm pretty sure studies showed that proper usage of N95 or better masks significantly reduced transmission. The biggest problem was getting buy in on wearing masks and properly.

I'm largely down to not wearing them at all except when I go to a Dr. Appointment where it is still required but I do try to keep some spare masks in the car just in case.

My wife wears them on public transit and doesn't think she'll ever stop that at this point.

Agree with you on the intelligence or lack there of on MTG. Unfortunate she pulled out her reelection by a few votes.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I'm pretty sure studies showed that proper usage of N95 or better masks significantly reduced transmission. The biggest problem was getting buy in on wearing masks and properly.

I'm largely down to not wearing them at all except when I go to a Dr. Appointment where it is still required but I do try to keep some spare masks in the car just in case.

My wife wears them on public transit and doesn't think she'll ever stop that at this point.

Agree with you on the intelligence or lack there of on MTG. Unfortunate she pulled out her reelection by a few votes.
                If masks don’t reduce the odds of passing illness I would ask why do doctors/surgeons wear them? I don’t think that is the issue as much as personal choice. I choose to as even beyond covid I would rather not be sick

Comment

My wife has MS and she wears a mask in public situations and will likely always do so . And that's not just limited to covid.

​​Yeah, some people give her crossed eye looks when they see her wearing it but whatever. That's more telling about them
                  You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                    My wife has MS and she wears a mask in public situations and will likely always do so . And that's not just limited to covid.

​​Yeah, some people give her crossed eye looks when they see her wearing it but whatever. That's more telling about them
                    She's smart. Flu and RSV are running rampant, too.

It's all bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

Agreed. It is more telling about them. I don't understand why someone else wearing a mask - even if you choose not to, or even if you think it's completely useless at this stage - would trigger any sort of negative reaction. I hope your wife stays well throughout what appears to be brewing as an active flu season.

Comment

COVID has finally gotten the best of me. I've gone so long dodging it to this point. All in all, I'm actually feeling pretty good. Just some congestion for the most part. Very, very mild sore throat.

Comment

Working...
                        X