Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by False1 View Post
    I have a cousin from Manhattan (son of my uncle who died a few weeks ago from CV) that temporarily located to a friend's beach house with his wife, toddler and new infant child. I don't get the Gov's direction. If I could be in an apartment in a very densely populated area, or in a private house in a much less densely populated area, how would the latter be inadvisable for me OR the people that share my area? That's four less potential germ spreaders going up and down an elevator each day, sharing the same space.
    Yeah I agree with you on that. I get the Gov not wanting to bring in a bunch of disease vectors from the city but a 2 week quarantine would theoretically solve that when folks arrive from out of area. The trick is getting the newcomers to respect the self quarantine
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
      Yeah I agree with you on that. I get the Gov not wanting to bring in a bunch of disease vectors from the city but a 2 week quarantine would theoretically solve that when folks arrive from out of area. The trick is getting the newcomers to respect the self quarantine
      Yeah, they're not.
      Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
        I got mine yesterday and am putting it toward medical debt that I owe because this garbage country doesn't have single-payer healthcare, and allows people to go bankrupt for being ill and/or disabled. I don't get to buy anything fun or save it.
        why wouldn't you be able to declare bankruptcy? I thought only student loans and IRS debt followed you to the grave? (and actually recently people have been getting out of student loans)

Comment

One of my plant operators just got sent by his doctor to get tested for Coronavirus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is negative and that my workforce doesn't start going down around here. They have been doing a really good job of distancing themselves from each other and disinfecting their control rooms when every shift but there is still lots of shared equipment. I'm scared multiple operators are going to get quarantined and things are going to get difficult.
          2020 - We have baseball! For now.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
            why wouldn't you be able to declare bankruptcy? I thought only student loans and IRS debt followed you to the grave? (and actually recently people have been getting out of student loans)
            Bankruptcy is kind of the sledge hammer option and comes with other ramifictions.
            Also from following Jen's posts it seems like she will have ongoing future medical liabilities that a bankruptcy now would do nothing for those future liabilities.

Also we shouldn't have a country where medical problems lead directly to financial ruin.
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

Agreed. I think it's asinine and selfish frankly to indicate that people shouldn't be able to hole up in a residence they own, especially if those circumstances make it less likely that those homeowners catch or distribute the virus than if they were to not hunker down in NJ.

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
              Yeah, they're not.
              Then those specific folks are jerks. Although I'd imagine most are; doesn't make sense to escape to a more sparsely populated area to just throw yourself in front of every person you can.

I don't think the right answer is to banish them, but perhaps they should have self-quarantine requirements as a deterrent and anyone proven to violate them pays a heavy penalty.

Comment

Bankruptcy is kind of the sledge hammer option and comes with other ramifictions.
                Also from following Jen's posts it seems like she will have ongoing future medical liabilities that a bankruptcy now would do nothing for those future liabilities.

Also we shouldn't have a country where medical problems lead directly to financial ruin.
                All of this, thank you.

I'm not at the point of needing to file bankruptcy, thankfully. I know many people who are, and some who have done so, due to extreme medical debt. It's morally indefensible.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                  All of this, thank you.

I'm not at the point of needing to file bankruptcy, thankfully. I know many people who are, and some who have done so, due to extreme medical debt. It's morally indefensible.
                  Definitely a terrible situation, health care is way too expensive in the US. All anyone ever talks about is how to pay the ransom instead of talking about the hostage taker.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
                    Yikes!
                    Yeah I spent most of last night thinking I had a death sentece passed on me.

This morning I took some time to meditate and am thinknig much more rationally. I was wearing a mask, had zero direct contact with the patient, was more than six feet away most of the time, and the patient was asymptomatic.

Still its going to be a tough mental two weeks of thinking every signle cough is the beginning of the infection.
                    Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
                    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
                    :thatsodd: <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post

This morning I took some time to meditate and am thinknig much more rationally. I was wearing a mask, had zero direct contact with the patient, was more than six feet away most of the time, and the patient was asymptomatic.

Still its going to be a tough mental two weeks of thinking every signle cough is the beginning of the infection.
                      That’s just crazy that people have to endure that, but I don’t know what would work better. I feel for all of you that still have to show up to work in person every day. Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                        I live at the Jersey Shore. I'm one town west of the ocean towns. The NJ Governor told people to not come to their summer homes at the shore during this lock down period.

I don't think any of them listened. The town directly to the east of me (where I grew up) is very quiet in the winter. I'd guess at least a third of the homes are second residences for the summer. The Town seems 100% occupied at this time. Lot's of cars with NY plates.

Rich people. Pffft.
                        Then when they get sick they'll overcrowd the one good hospital in the area.

Comment

Bolsonero Watch: He fires the science and facts Health Minister with 76% approval.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...avirus-distanc

Mandetta, a charismatic doctor and politician, won widespread public support by advocating broad-based social isolation in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization and many other medical and scientific experts.

Bolsonaro has opposed across-the-board isolation measures imposed by Brazil's state governors, arguing that they devastate the economy and endanger public health by destroying millions of jobs and businesses.

"Life is priceless, but the economy and employment need to return to normality," said Bolsonaro, at a press conference on Thursday, after Mandetta announced his dismissal on Twitter. However, that does not mean acting too hastily, the president said.

According to the Brazilian media, Bolsonaro — a far right populist and avid admirer of Donald Trump – was increasingly irked by Mandetta's popularity, which appears to have been reinforced by the minister's performances at the many televised press conferences he has held in recent weeks.

A recent Datafolha poll gave Mandetta an approval rating of 76% — well above the president's 33%.
                          Sound familiar?
                          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post

Same same same. Had an exposure to suspected + case two weeks ago and finally not having to temp check everyday. Only had a flimsy surgical mask on and was very close to the patient. Now I (along with everyone else) just get temp checks when I work.
                            That was a very nerve wracking two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                              Bolsonero Watch: He fires the science and facts Health Minister with 76% approval.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...avirus-distanc

Sound familiar?
                              When's the next election?
                              Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                                Then when they get sick they'll overcrowd the one good hospital in the area.
                                Yes, that's the reason.
                                Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

Comment

Working...
                                X