Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Covid-19

    Seems kind of dumb for Trump to encourage his supporters to needlessly risk their lives considering that there is an election coming up.

    Comment


      Re: Covid-19

      Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
      Seems kind of dumb for Trump to encourage his supporters to needlessly risk their lives considering that there is an election coming up.
      Well, he is dumb.
      Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

      Comment


        Re: Covid-19

        Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
        Well, he is dumb.
        He needs a Peter Venkman moment... "Donny... if you keep the shelter in place going, you will have saved the lives of millions of... registered voters."

        Comment


          Re: Covid-19

          Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
          He needs a Peter Venkman moment... "Donny... if you keep the shelter in place going, you will have saved the lives of millions of... registered voters."
          He is in quite a pickle.
          Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

          Comment


            Re: Covid-19

            https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/h...e=articleShare

            For weeks, U.S. government officials and hospital executives have warned of a looming shortage of ventilators as the coronavirus pandemic descended.

            But now, doctors are sounding an alarm about an unexpected and perhaps overlooked crisis: a surge in Covid-19 patients with kidney failure that is leading to shortages of machines, supplies and staff required for emergency dialysis.

            In recent weeks, doctors on the front lines in intensive care units in New York and other hard-hit cities have learned that the coronavirus isn’t only a respiratory disease that has led to a crushing demand for ventilators.

            The disease is also shutting down some patients’ kidneys, posing yet another series of life-and-death calculations for doctors who must ferry a limited supply of specialized dialysis machines from one patient in kidney failure to the next. All the while fearing they may not be able to hook up everyone in time to save them.

            It is not yet known whether the kidneys are a major target of the virus, or whether they’re just one more organ falling victim as a patient’s ravaged body surrenders.

            Comment


              Re: Covid-19

              It's always something. It doesn't matter how much I do for them, they're always complaining. First it was ventilators, oh, we need ventilators. So I got them ventilators, which are very complicated, very difficult to make, I got them beautiful ventilators. Then it's testing, testing, oooh, we need testing! Never mind that we have incredible tests, beautiful tests, we've made more tests than anyone, and that's after I inherited garbage from a previous administration, we've made millions of beautiful tests, but they say oooh, we need testing. Now it's dialysis. It's just never enough for them.
              Russian warship, go **** yourself

              Comment


                Re: Covid-19

                At least after laying in bed angrily from 8-9 this morning I did eventaully fall back asleep until 1130. Oh well, five hours is greater than three.

                Good that NYC appears to be slowing down. Monroe County still looks like its peaking or still yet to peak.

                https://mappingmonroe.maps.arcgis.co...896b3e8950e03b

                I realize those numbers aren't mind blowing but you are also talking about a metro area of 1 million people vs 20 million.
                Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
                Well....I am a total bacon whore...
                :thatsodd: <--- The Ryan emoticon.

                Comment


                  Re: Covid-19

                  This seemed to be the case with both my uncle and aunt that passed from coronavirus. The ventilator sustained them for a while, but eventually their organs just started shutting down.

                  Comment


                    Re: Covid-19

                    Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                    It's always something. It doesn't matter how much I do for them, they're always complaining. First it was ventilators, oh, we need ventilators. So I got them ventilators, which are very complicated, very difficult to make, I got them beautiful ventilators. Then it's testing, testing, oooh, we need testing! Never mind that we have incredible tests, beautiful tests, we've made more tests than anyone, and that's after I inherited garbage from a previous administration, we've made millions of beautiful tests, but they say oooh, we need testing. Now it's dialysis. It's just never enough for them.
                    You sure you don't ghost write for him? This is spot on.

                    Comment


                      Re: Covid-19

                      Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                      It's always something. It doesn't matter how much I do for them, they're always complaining. First it was ventilators, oh, we need ventilators. So I got them ventilators, which are very complicated, very difficult to make, I got them beautiful ventilators. Then it's testing, testing, oooh, we need testing! Never mind that we have incredible tests, beautiful tests, we've made more tests than anyone, and that's after I inherited garbage from a previous administration, we've made millions of beautiful tests, but they say oooh, we need testing. Now it's dialysis. It's just never enough for them.
                      I’m not even sure if this is your work or a direct quote...my guess is that it’s you but just as The Onion has been rendered obsolete, it’s hard to even see this as satire...

                      What’s sad is that I am more convinced then ever that this sorry excuse for a leader will be re-elected. His handling of this situation (among others) is a complete disgrace but the Republican voters and party remain, with a few exceptions, steadfast in their support.

                      Comment


                        Re: Covid-19

                        Really informative -- and sobering -- article from Science magazine:

                        How does coronavirus kill? Clinicians trace a ferocious rampage through the body, from brain to toes
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by False1 View Post
                          You sure you don't ghost write for him? This is spot on.
                          I had listened to some of his stand-up routine from the night before, so it was practically quoted. It’s so deeply scary...
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

                          Comment


                            Re: Covid-19

                            Originally posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
                            I’m not even sure if this is your work or a direct quote...my guess is that it’s you but just as The Onion has been rendered obsolete, it’s hard to even see this as satire...

                            What’s sad is that I am more convinced then ever that this sorry excuse for a leader will be re-elected. His handling of this situation (among others) is a complete disgrace but the Republican voters and party remain, with a few exceptions, steadfast in their support.
                            That's not enough to get him reelected. The question will be how those few who are still in the middle will vote - which is hard to guess at this point in time.

                            The next 7 months are going to be hard to take, with him trying to blame everything on governors, China, Democrats and whatever other scapegoat he can think of for his incompetence.

                            Comment


                              Re: Covid-19

                              Originally posted by YFIB View Post
                              That's not enough to get him reelected. The question will be how those few who are still in the middle will vote - which is hard to guess at this point in time.

                              The next 7 months are going to be hard to take, with him trying to blame everything on governors, China, Democrats and whatever other scapegoat he can think of for his incompetence.
                              It's amazing how he can proclaim total authority over everything that happens while taking no responsibility and blaming governors. And 40% buy in. It's really incredible.

                              I'm old enough to remember when George HW Bush (a very underrated President, imho), may have lost the election by glancing at his watch during a debate...the media howled that he was disinterested in the debate. (Which he probably was...wasn't much of a retail politician....). Trump is routinely and demonstrably disinterested in serious and urgent issues.

                              I remember when Vice President Dan Quayle's political career was put in deep jeopardy by misspelling 'potato' while visiting a school. Trump routinely misspells things in official presidential statements (which tweets are) and it's as if his base loves him FOR it not despite of it.

                              I remember when Gary Hart, a very promising moderate candidate, needed to immediately drop out of the race when a picture surfaced of him with girlfriend Donna Rice on his boat....Trump pays off adult actresses and brags about grabbing women without first determining consent.

                              Regardless of which side of the aisle, I actually DID think we held politicians to an unreasonable standard. Glancing at a watch, a silly misspelling and an extramarital affair are all human foibles. Granted, I understand the concern about the affair to a signficantly larger degree than the other two, but the point is all of this stuff is just child's play compared to what is going on now.

                              And this manifests away from just personal failures to widespread celebration within his base of proclamations such as "Liberate Michigan!" in the middle of a national emergency. it's just crazy and sad.

                              Comment


                                Re: Covid-19

                                Brad?
                                Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X