X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tock Ada Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

We stayed at the Bahia Principle Bavaro 5 years ago and it was very nice. Though it was a bit too big with having to take a shuttle just to get to the beach and some restaurants. On this trip we stayed at the Grand Palladium which is even bigger than the BP to the point that we got lost several times. Unlike resorts in Cancun or the Bahamas the resorts in Punta Cana purchased so much real estate that they can develop such huge sprawling areas. 15 years ago we stayed at the Riu Palace Macao and absolutely loved it. Would love to return when my daughter is over 18 as they do not allow children.

Is there an Hurricane season to avoid?
    To avoid the hurricane season, we stay away from Punta Cana all of September, all of October and in early November.
    Also, we stay away from Punta Cana from mid-May to the end of August due to the rainy season and the extreme heat during those times.
    I have to agree that Bahia Principle Bavaro is a bit big but we still like it. Actually, Dreams Palm Beach is my personal favorite but it occasionally increases their prices.

Leave a comment:

• Donnybaseball72
    replied
    Originally posted by Tock Ada Shot View Post

Thank you for that information.
    My wife and I used to travel to Punta Cana twice a year for about 25 years until the pandemic hit, (Late April and early November through Apple Vacations.).
    Our two favorite resorts are The
    Bahia Principe Grand Bavaro - All Inclusive and Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana All Inclusive. Really nice and always great prices.
    We also have always found mostly European and South American people at the resorts. They have always been exceptionally nice, friendly and polite.
    We currently plan on getting back into the twice-a-year thing this coming November unless another COVID Variant pops up.
    Thanks again for your post...really appreciative.
    We stayed at the Bahia Principle Bavaro 5 years ago and it was very nice. Though it was a bit too big with having to take a shuttle just to get to the beach and some restaurants. On this trip we stayed at the Grand Palladium which is even bigger than the BP to the point that we got lost several times. Unlike resorts in Cancun or the Bahamas the resorts in Punta Cana purchased so much real estate that they can develop such huge sprawling areas. 15 years ago we stayed at the Riu Palace Macao and absolutely loved it. Would love to return when my daughter is over 18 as they do not allow children.

Is there an Hurricane season to avoid?

Leave a comment:

• Tock Ada Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    We survived our trip to the DR and back. A quick antigen test a day before returning and everything was fine. People at our resort were mostly European or South American so they are likely vaccinated and used to mask restrictions. I felt more comfortable eating indoors than I would in Florida. Don't be so afraid to travel abroad. At some point we have got to return to normal and with cased coming down I am optimistic.
    Thank you for that information.
    My wife and I used to travel to Punta Cana twice a year for about 25 years until the pandemic hit, (Late April and early November through Apple Vacations.).
    Our two favorite resorts are The
    Bahia Principe Grand Bavaro - All Inclusive and Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana All Inclusive. Really nice and always great prices.
    We also have always found mostly European and South American people at the resorts. They have always been exceptionally nice, friendly and polite.
    We currently plan on getting back into the twice-a-year thing this coming November unless another COVID Variant pops up.
    Thanks again for your post...really appreciative.

Leave a comment:

• Donnybaseball72
    replied
    We survived our trip to the DR and back. A quick antigen test a day before returning and everything was fine. People at our resort were mostly European or South American so they are likely vaccinated and used to mask restrictions. I felt more comfortable eating indoors than I would in Florida. Don't be so afraid to travel abroad. At some point we have got to return to normal and with cases coming down I am optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

You mean every politician everywhere's playbook. Covid was politicized day one. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Dems trying to use it to their advantage is expected and necessary if they want to hold power. Bad Dem policy is still better than anything the GOP will run out.

I hate that this is true. What a crap show this country is.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    I'm not speaking for ClownPickle, but from my perspective, the NY Times is absolutely a source. It's a badly biased source, but if they choose to publish something as news (not opinion), odds are it's been properly vetted. My concern with the Times is the vast quantity of stories that get no mention (or are on page 47) if they don't fit the Times' bias.
    What bias do you imagine it to be? They’ve absolutely seemed right-leaning for over 20 years (championing the Iraq War).

Leave a comment:

• Tock Ada Shot
    replied
    Yes. Politicizing a public health crisis is bad. 🤷
    Absolutely..."Politicizing a public health crisis is bad."

Unfortunately..."Politicizing pandemics is not a new bad and negative issue which we as humans need to get rid of. History proved that pandemics were politicized and used for ideological and political interests. Dangerous diseases such as the 1918 H1N1 flu, AIDS, Ebola were politicized."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7332744/

Leave a comment:

• Texsahara
    replied
    Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    People in Washington politicize sunrise.

It would seem the Impact Research memo is right our of Rahm Emanuel's playbook. "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."
    You mean every politician everywhere's playbook. Covid was politicized day one. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Dems trying to use it to their advantage is expected and necessary if they want to hold power. Bad Dem policy is still better than anything the GOP will run out.

Leave a comment:

• fredgmuggs
    replied
    People in Washington? I think you should have just qualified it with "people".

Leave a comment:

• Maynerd
    replied
    People in Washington politicize sunrise.

It would seem the Impact Research memo is right our of Rahm Emanuel's playbook. "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

Leave a comment:

• Texsahara
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ClownPickle
    replied
    @hamill_law
    Here is the literal memo to the Dems from Biden's polling firm. Declare a win over Covid and move on. I suspect CDC will get the memo. Will
    @GavinNewsom and @lapublichealth? We shall see. SOTU is Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• False1
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

No. Pick a lane. Are they a source or no? You’ve previously said they aren’t.

And your links usually reflect the opposite of what you’re trying to claim, so spare humanity from whatever it is you’re trying to do.

Please no kumbaya, False1
    Not sure what prompted that remark? Because I have agreed with CP in the recent past? I didn't really have a dog in this hunt until you whistled, but since you rang... sorry to break it to you but this is another example of the pavlonian responses seen frequently in this thread. I think it's ironic that you're telling CP to pick a lane when quoting the Times. Do you think they're a good source, or nah? If the former, why aren't you staying in your own lane and supporting/challenging the article rather than attacking him? He posted a link, shared some content, didn't really provide any controversial analysis or anything... why not respond to the information in the link? You're doing the inverse of what you're accusing him of, except at least he posted information where you're just whiffing on a zinger.

Leave a comment:

• ClownPickle
    replied
    No. Pick a lane. Are they a source or no? You’ve previously said they aren’t.

And your links usually reflect the opposite of what you’re trying to claim, so spare humanity from whatever it is you’re trying to do.

Please no kumbaya, False1
    I know you enjoy posting stories about unvaccinated people dying, but you have to look at the substance more than the source.

Pick what lane? Do you deny what they are reporting? What don't you find factual?

Leave a comment:

• YankeePride1967
    replied
    On Thursdays, the New York Times ceases to be the dishonest media, have a well-known liberal bias or appear to be a dumpster fire. Tune in tomorrow for “which way does Clown Pickle want the wind to blow today?”.
    You know if they disagree it is left wing fake news media. If they agree the evidence is unarguable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X