Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm almost ready to admit we as a country deserve all this because a minority of people elected a majority of people like this.
    You disagree that China should be held accountable?

Comment

I'm almost ready to admit we as a country deserve all this because a minority of people elected a majority of people like this.

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
      You disagree that China should be held accountable?
      Yeah I'm with Gordon on this one. Even if the bill is purely symbolic there's a fair amount of evidence that China lied and/or was deceitful with the WHO early on about the severity of this.
      Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
        Yeah I'm with Gordon on this one. Even if the bill is purely symbolic there's a fair amount of evidence that China lied and/or was deceitful with the WHO early on about the severity of this.
        That may be true but doesn't have any bearing on the US having over a million cases. That falls solely on our "leadership". Our intelligence agencies knew in early January China was spouting BS, told the President and they did nothing about it. Who cares at this point what China knew and when they knew it and what they said?

Comment

That may be true but doesn't have any bearing on the US having over a million cases. That falls solely on our "leadership". Our intelligence agencies knew in early January China was spouting BS, told the President and they did nothing about it. Who cares at this point what China knew and when they knew it and what they said?
          If the President owns it, so does China. No reason both shouldn't be held accountable IMO.
          Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Are we the only country with people protesting the stay-at-home orders? Are we the only country that has to deal with elected officials like this guy?

GOP State Rep. Nino Vitale on why he won’t wear a face mask: “This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face.”
            Serious kudos to this guy. He has now won my award for stupidest reason not to wear a face mask ever.
            2020 - We have baseball! For now.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Comment

If the President owns it, so does China. No reason both shouldn't be held accountable IMO.
              We as a nation can hold them accountable through sanctions. Joe Bob from Pigeon Hole, TN finding their version of Saul Goodman to "sue China" is just stupid.

Comment

Totally agree. China bears responsibility for withholding information that could have saved lives. This does not, in any way, absolve our leaders for their failure to respond appropriately.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Comment

What a bonkers story this is showing just how Trumps' American perfect storm of rampant capitalism and unprecedented incompetence has made this pandemic worse than it had any business being.

https://www.propublica.org/article/h...died-at-the-va

How Profit and Incompetence Delayed N95 Masks While People Died at the VA
                  Federal agencies have hired contractors with no experience to find respirators and masks, fueling a black market filled with price gouging and multiple layers of profiteering brokers. One contractor called them “buccaneers and pirates.”

Before embarking on a 36-hour tour through an underground of contractors and middlemen trying to make a buck on the nation’s desperate need for masks, entrepreneur Robert Stewart Jr. offered an unusual caveat.

“I’m talking with you against the advice of my attorney,” the man in the shiny gray suit, an American Flag button with the word “VETERAN” pinned to his blazer, said as we boarded a private jet Saturday from the executive wing at Dulles International Airport.

It remains a mystery why the CEO of Federal Government Experts LLC let me observe his frantic effort to find 6 million N95 respirators and the ultimate unraveling of his $34.5 million deal to supply them to the Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals, where 20 VA staff have died of COVID-19 while the agency waits for masks.

Comment

We as a nation can hold them accountable through sanctions. Joe Bob from Pigeon Hole, TN finding their version of Saul Goodman to "sue China" is just stupid.
                    I don't particularly care how we hold them accountable, but I want to see something.

Nobody in power has been accountable for much these past 12 years and I'm getting really tired of it. The American people deserves some scalps on a platter after all the crap we've endured lately.

And c'mon man, you're smart enough to know any lawsuit would look more like the 9/11 victims who sued Saudi Arabia than anything resembling ambulance chasing personal injury cases.
                    Stay "We" my friends

Comment

China lied. We had intelligence from the beginning that China lied. The administration chose to ignore the intelligence and develop policy as if it didn’t exist. That’s on us.

The idea that anyone can prove individual damages stemming directly from Chinese actions seems legally ludicrous to me.
                      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

We can’t sue our President for his failures, why should we be allowed to sue someone else’s President/country?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
                          We can’t sue our President for his failures, why should we be allowed to sue someone else’s President/country?
                          On the other hand, it's a great idea to tie up the courts with a bunch of frivolous lawsuits that will never pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
                            On the other hand, it's a great idea to tie up the courts with a bunch of frivolous lawsuits that will never pay out.
                            If you think about it, that is the most "American" response we could have.
                            Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
                              Totally agree. China bears responsibility for withholding information that could have saved lives. This does not, in any way, absolve our leaders for their failure to respond appropriately.
                              IMO Trump is going to get killed in the November election, Senate might even go. I've thought for a long time that he would get 4 more years but I think he's pulled the last straw for a lot of people. It's going to get really bad in other states that refuse to comply with common sense protections. This is the BEGINNING of their problems, unlike NYC where we've knocked it down (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                                IMO Trump is going to get killed in the November election, Senate might even go. I've thought for a long time that he would get 4 more years but I think he's pulled the last straw for a lot of people. It's going to get really bad in other states that refuse to comply with common sense protections. This is the BEGINNING of their problems, unlike NYC where we've knocked it down (for now)
                                I hope you are right (about Trump losing the election and the Senate turning, not about people getting sick) but I fear you are not. I have huge doubts about Biden beating Trump. And if the enthusiasm to vote for Biden isn't there, Dems can forget about the Senate.

Comment

Working...
                                X