Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I read that sales of swimming pool installations are way up.
    Interesting. Up post-mitigation, or up versus pre-COVID19? If the latter, that's surprising given that a pool build usually involves a lot of face-to-face interacting in terms of design creation/changes and negotiation.

I guess one plausible explanation would be people need more ways to entertain themselves at home?

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
      Interesting. Up post-mitigation, or up versus pre-COVID19? If the latter, that's surprising given that a pool build usually involves a lot of face-to-face interacting in terms of design creation/changes and negotiation.

I guess one plausible explanation would be people need more ways to entertain themselves at home?

I'm sure that's the thinking. A lot of community pools are not opening this year and even if they are, many will stay away. With the internet, I don't think you need the face-to-face interaction the way you used to. My husband is a cabinet maker. He will sometimes do a complete build without ever meeting the client in person.

Comment

People spending vacation and commuting budgets on a pool.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I guess if you decided to postpone that trip to Italy this summer and also want to give your kids something to do at home it makes sense to re-allocate the trip money to installing a pool.
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
            I guess if you decided to postpone that trip to Italy this summer and also want to give your kids something to do at home it makes sense to re-allocate the trip money to installing a pool.
            I'm thinking this might be the year I pull the trigger on this mini RV trailer I've been wanting for about a decade. The eastern Europe vacay I had in mind for fall ain't happening so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
              I'm sure that's the thinking. A lot of community pools are not opening this year and even if they are, many will stay away. With the internet, I don't think you need the face-to-face interaction the way you used to. My husband is a cabinet maker. He will sometimes do a complete build without ever meeting the client in person.
              Makes sense, as do all the additional posts. I doubt I'd make that large of an investment without meeting someone face to face, but maybe I'm starting to get old fashioned :lol:

I need new cabinets!!! Do you offer a NYYF discount?

Comment

People are fine with going to community pools to swim in other people's pee, but all of a sudden they’re phobic?
                Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                  People are fine with going to community pools to swim in other people's pee, but all of a sudden they’re phobic?
                  I'm surprised Trump hasn't suggested peeing on each other to kill the virus.
                  Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                    is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside?

Comment

is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside?
                      "Suppose that we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its standing or sitting or just very powerful pee."

Comment

It’s a disease that attacks health.
                        Baseball is life;
                        the rest is just details.

Comment

For years, Trump has been pissing on American legs and telling them it's raining.
                          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

It only works in a Moscow hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                              For years, Trump has been pissing on American legs and telling them it's raining.
                              Trump Gold!
                              Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
                              who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
                              'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Latest installment in Durk's COVID-19 Brazil Watch:

-Brazil has shot up in the rankings in total cases from out of the top ten to #4, just behind Boris' UK, and second in daily deaths, just behind the USA. Note the leaders in the top four in total cases: Trump, Putin, Boris, and Bolsonaro. It's a narcissist poker party.

- Bolsonaro has just lost his second Health Minister in a little over a month:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/w...bolsonaro.html

RIO DE JANEIRO — The Brazilian government’s chaotic response to the coronavirus pandemic worsened Friday as its latest health minister quit barely a month into the job, with daily deaths from infection climbing and a defiant president exhorting people to get back to work.

The departure of the health minister, Nelson Teich, who took over just four weeks ago after the termination of his predecessor, threatened to compound the political upheaval that has called into question the ability of the president, Jair Bolsonaro, to govern Latin America’s largest country.

With upward of 800 people dying each day from Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, Brazil’s death rate is now second only to that of the United States. Lax quarantine measures are leading to rising contagion as Mr. Bolsonaro urges Brazilian workers to effectively defy local lockdown orders from states and municipalities.
                                My ex-'s 92-year old aunt is in a nursing home which is responsible for 8 of the 45 deaths in her small city. They were refusing to give her any information other than to say everything is fine, even though Daniela pays the bill, and holds both health proxy and POA (Tia Hilda is well down the Alzheimer slide). Saturday she was across the street from the home and saw a TV-crew trying to talk to somebody and being met with locked doors. Of course they interviewed her and she raised the kind of bloody scandal at which she is so adept. That afternoon she got a full report along with a video, a chance to tallk on the phone, and the news that Tia H tested positive on May 5th, but still has not shown symptoms.

EDIT: Overnight Brazil has passed those loser Brits and taken third place in the COVID-19 derby. I would not be shocked if they end up on top of the final rankings.
                                Last edited by theDurk; 05-19-20, 06:16 AM.
                                "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Working...
                                X