Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

    I'm preparing myself for Gio Urshela at short for next year
    If the Yankees were smart, Urshela wouldn't be on the roster for 2022.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

    Comment


      Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

      The fact that you like Simmons and your nickname here is "yank4life", I can only assume you are in fact Brian Cashman
      LOL...

      The scary part is that's what's most likely to happen...

      The three things in life. Cashman, Gardner and Chicken bucket sales...
      In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...…

      Comment


        Gio is a cheap, solid infielder. I’d be surprised if they dumped Gio unless Jamie Moyer becomes available.

        Comment


          Originally posted by False1 View Post
          Is this in regards to the Cole signing? I don't think either of those things apply. I think we all had access to the information. Everyone knew about it. Baseball had tacitly permitted it. Again, Bauer publicly defied baseball to do something about it, said if they didn't he'd start doing it, started doing it, got the richest AAV the sport has ever seen after doing it... and then in the middle of a season baseball decided that it was imperative to enforce suddenly.

          Cashman would have been rightly KILLED if he didn't exhaust all efforts to sign Cole.
          He’s get killed because he put himself in a position where the Yankees were starved for a TOR starter.
          Q: Who’s the guy on your roster that would have been overlooked if not for analytics? Cashman: Ronald Torreyes. He’s an analytical darling.

          Comment


            Bob Melvin leaves Oakland to manage the Padres.

            The A's teardown has officially started. Olson is literally there for the taking.

            Let's see how Cashman manages to screw this up...
            "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

            Comment


              Olson and Mannea would be ideal to get...It will hurt us propsect wise and hope they can hold on to Volpe in the deal.

              Sherman has an article in the NY Post behind a paywall as Yanks look to address 1B and he mentions Belt, Bellinger and Olson.

              Can anyone provide a summary of this article?

              Comment


                Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post
                Bob Melvin leaving Oakland to manage SD, are the A’s tearing it down?
                Just read it was a salary dump. Melvin one of the five highest paid Managers in MLB.
                And a cue that teams are starting to go away from hiring less experienced managers. SD was going to go with a name if at all possible. He’s now maybe in top 2 or 3 highest paid managers.

                Comment


                  Alright - what’s everyone’s package for Olsen or Olsen/Chapman or Olsen/Mannea

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
                    Bob Melvin leaves Oakland to manage the Padres.

                    The A's teardown has officially started. Olson is literally there for the taking.

                    Let's see how Cashman manages to screw this up...
                    He already started screwing it up last year by trading 10 chips for Heaney, Gallo, and Rizzo. Regardless of whether those guys pan out, those are 10 chips that cannot be used to acquire Olson.
                    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Portbb View Post

                      Just read it was a salary dump. Melvin one of the five highest paid Managers in MLB.
                      And a cue that teams are starting to go away from hiring less experienced managers. SD was going to go with a name if at all possible. He’s now maybe in top 2 or 3 highest paid managers.
                      I couldn't find the article it was a salary dump by OAK. I see this as SD wanting a solid EXPERIENCED manager. (Way back this was my issue with Boone) They fire Larry during the season and the manager after the season. They needed a manager and got a great one..... Both are great moves for SDP. It was an option year fo Melvin and good move for everybody. Reference?

                      I don't think this has anything to do with Olson.

                      I can't believe Voit in the doghouse with Brian because he spoke out but I don't want Rizzo or Freeman (will go back to Braves) I don't think 1B or SS is a major problem (SC is). As for Olson Beane will look for offers (this is what he does - why not) but think will sign/should Olson. Agree Olson like Seager will be upgrades but it will cost us in the long run. I don't think Billy will take Frazier and Andujar for Olson. This would be a great trade for everybody (I like all of them and like Melvin - great moves)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bucky View Post

                        I couldn't find the article it was a salary dump by OAK. I see this as SD wanting a solid EXPERIENCED manager. (Way back this was my issue with Boone) They fire Larry during the season and the manager after the season. They needed a manager and got a great one..... Both are great moves for SDP. It was an option year fo Melvin and good move for everybody. Reference?

                        I don't think this has anything to do with Olson.

                        I can't believe Voit in the doghouse with Brian because he spoke out but I don't want Rizzo or Freeman (will go back to Braves) I don't think 1B or SS is a major problem (SC is). As for Olson Beane will look for offers (this is what he does - why not) but think will sign/should Olson. Agree Olson like Seager will be upgrades but it will cost us in the long run. I don't think Billy will take Frazier and Andujar for Olson. This would be a great trade for everybody (I like all of them and like Melvin - great moves)
                        Jon Heyman- as for the A’s they get to save money.

                        It wasn’t an option year for Melvin as the A’s picked up his option for 2022 back in June. They granted him permission for the interview.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post
                          Olson and Mannea would be ideal to get...It will hurt us propsect wise and hope they can hold on to Volpe in the deal.

                          Sherman has an article in the NY Post behind a paywall as Yanks look to address 1B and he mentions Belt, Bellinger and Olson.

                          Can anyone provide a summary of this article?

                          Prospects come and go, but 2nd wildcard bragging rights are forever.
                          Q: Who’s the guy on your roster that would have been overlooked if not for analytics? Cashman: Ronald Torreyes. He’s an analytical darling.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Portbb View Post

                            Jon Heyman- as for the A’s they get to save money.

                            It wasn’t an option year for Melvin as the A’s picked up his option for 2022 back in June. They granted him permission for the interview.
                            thanks

                            I just wanted to point out option year vs a 3 year contract. IMO. managers are usually not a salary dump I like Billy and it was the right thing to do.

                            (Billy would put Fraizer (very fast bat) in LF and Andujar at 1st (double out of a single)

                            Lastly, I deleted the post (I get carried away) but thanks about Acuna (23?) increase. I knew the GM signed a sweet contract and didn't understand what you were talking about until I looked at the details. I don't know how you knew that.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

                              He’s get killed because he put himself in a position where the Yankees were starved for a TOR starter.
                              Sure. I'm just saying my POV is that you can certainly drag Cashman for his shoddy history of developing/acquiring TOR SPs. But I'm not going to kill him for Cole. Manfred owns that mess.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

                                He already started screwing it up last year by trading 10 chips for Heaney, Gallo, and Rizzo. Regardless of whether those guys pan out, those are 10 chips that cannot be used to acquire Olson.
                                How can you say that. Trading all those chips got the Yankees the exalted 2nd WC. Suprised Brian has not asked Hal for a raise for that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X